Has anyone been to Dr. Richard Ochs in L.A. for HT?

Dear GLH,

I just looked at Dr. Ochs' website. The price does sound enticing and his Before and After pics look legitimate. I'll be honest, I'm a little worried at his price personally. Have you had a consultation done by Dr. Ochs yet? I suggest visiting him first, get a feel for him and what not. I'm not going to make any suggestions on whom you should see. THAT is all up to you. What I do suggest is that you shop around a bit more. How long have you been researching and consulting with other doctors?

I know some people will usually go for the first person that makes them feel good but this is a very important decision that can affect your life completely. Shop around. Check the rest of the forums. A lot of people on here have gone with doctors not associated with the coalition and are doing great while others will tell you their misfortunes. Good luck with your research and I hope you make the right choice. I mean this sincerely.

Reyes

Medical Assistant to Dr. Parsa Mohebi

"ALL COMMENTS ARE MY OWN AND FOR THE SOLE USE OF EDUCATION AND UNDERSTANDING UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED"

Hello Reyes,

Thanks for the reply, I have been researching HT procedures and doctors for about a month now. This is a one shot deal for me because of the economy so I really need to stretch my dollar to get close to the desired look I want.

To do this I will either have to fly to Thailand or hire a priest to pray for me night and day if I go for an unknown. I saved my HT money when the economy was roaring but now the business is not even squeaking so what I have now is what I will spend and that's it.

I have been told that I will need 4-5k grafts to have a full look and at Dr. Ochs price or a quick flight to Thailand I could afford the 5k grafts. With any of the recommended doctors I would be looking at half the grafts and for that I may as well not even try because I will not have follow up money to finish the job. Of course If I end up looking like Frankenstein I am screwed too. icon_biggrin.gif

Dear GLH,

The whole frankenstein part is what scares me. I'm sure Dr. Ochs' pictures are legitimate and all but I'm just worried about his fees. I know the economy is influencing a lot of people into hasty decisions, too. Don't be one to do the same. LA and SoCal are notorious for Plastic Surgery and such. I'm sure there's someone out there whom can help you. Keep us posted and if you have any questions, either myself or Dr. Mohebi will be glad to answer them for you. No worries whatsoever. Take care of yourself!

Reyes

"ALL COMMENTS ARE MY OWN AND FOR THE SOLE USE OF EDUCATION AND UNDERSTANDING UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED"

Reyes,

I'm not sure why you are worrying so much about Dr. Och's fees. The relevant issue is not how much he charges but whether or not he performs state of the art hair transplantation with consistent results.

In my opinion, as a representative of Dr. Mohebi, you are best off posting examples of Dr. Mohebi's work, answering specific questions about your clinic, or answering general hair transplant or hair loss related questions.

I hope you find this advice helpful.

All the best,

Bill

Bill,

Thanks for the advise. I'm still trying to get a feel for your site and what I can and cannot say as well. I'll definitely keep this in mind from now on. Also, as I've stated, most of the comments I'll be making on this site will be my own. Dr. Mohebi has taught me not to smash anybody for any reason. I'm sure Dr. Och is a great surgeon (PERIOD).

GLH, It's all in your hands. Oh, BTW, thanks for the link to TomA's profile. I appreciate that!

Vince,

That's not nice...

Bill, GLH, Vince: THANK YOU ALL!

Reyes

I think the two biggest mistake people make it basing their decision on price and location. Just because somebody charges the most doesn't make them good or the cheapest doesn't neccesarily make them bad. Although through my experience low prices on grafts means there is a good change you will need a second surgery either for more density or repair.

I agree with Reyes you should consult with as many doctor as you can. Research research research!!!! Good luck and keep us posted.

Falercos I agree some of what you are saying about clinical reps. But if Reyes opens GLH eyes and showed him that there are other clinics there I beleive he will be intelligent enough to consider and research the elite coaltion doctor in west coast before making any decision. This website probaly will be saving him from making a bad decision now hopefully he researchs carefully.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 1 month later...

I was so pleased with my first procedure 4 years ago with just a small number of transplants (1500-2000), that I signed up for another one this year. He has a very pleasant demeanor and found the whole experience to be very efficiently and professionally handled. I'm sure you would not be disappointed

• 1 year later...

please take a look at the picture attached and avoid him by all means.

he is only a scammer.

I paid him for 4000 grafts. I only received 1000 and I had to do two surgeries. DO NOT FALL FOR $2 PER GRAFT.

bald.jpg.598dc5173bcc4baa73701047b7dd10c1.jpg

I had my surgery with dr. ochs about 6 months ago july 17. I thought he did a good job, i see more hair than there was before and he did not misrepresent himself. I think (tragically) for some, hair transplantation just doesnt work. I feel for danoush, but you cant condemn dr Ochs based on 1 person.Dr ochs is licenced and has the right credentials, which is why i chose him, i still have to see the end result of course, but what i see in the mirror is evidence of good workmanship.

juanc

1000 grafts with dr rosanelli

1000 grafts with Dr. Peterson

1600 (july 17) with Dr. Ochs

Hi hairlust,

Is it possible for you to post some pictures of the work?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

hi future ht. I posted pics circa 4 to s months.

its in the thread for patient results. Now,u have to realize that i was a norwood 6 (advanced) so the area to fill is huge. Ive had about 3,500 grafts all together from my other procedures and i still need more. I m happy with dr. ochs, icant wait for my hair to grow a few inches to get the layer effect, HOPEFULLY the horrible contrast of white on black hair will not screw up results.

tc.

juanc

1000 grafts with dr rosanelli

1000 grafts with Dr. Peterson

1600 (july 17) with Dr. Ochs