Dr. Bushwach's removal from the Hair Transplant Network

• Administrators

Recently a patient of Dr. Bushwach's posted her immediate post op results ( see topic 36 year old female 4 weeks post op ). A discussion online ensued about whether or not Dr. Bushwach's current hair transplant procedure was up to date.

In my opinion, the incisions shown looked big and too far spaced out to be on par with the very best and minimally invasive work being done by top clinics today. Even at 4 weeks post op the incisions/scars were still visible. The session size of only 900 grafts was also inadequate for this patient's degree of hair loss in my opinion.

Several years ago this work was pare for the course. But today standard big blade follicular unit hair transplantation is not optimal when compared to the ultra refined follicular unit grafting done by a small minority of truly leading edge clinics.

Yesterday I contacted Dr. Bushwach to encourage him to provide this community with more information and immediate post op photos of his surgery. Unfortunately, he was unwilling to do so.

Physicians who are recommended on this site need to be both accountable and responsive to the requirements and standards of this patient based community. Those who are unable or unwilling to demonstrate that they meet the high standards set for recommendation will not be recommended.

The bar for follicular unit grafting has moved considerably higher in the past few years. Not everyone has risen to the challenge.

Dr. Bushwach and I agreed that it was time to discontinue his involvement with this community. Dr. Bushwach's information and recommendation have been removed from the Hair Transplant Network as of today.

Onward and Upwards, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Pat,

As someone relatively new to this community and who was somewhat skeptical of the HT industry and the forums I think your actions here prove the true integrity of this site.

This is a resource run by patients for patients with the backing of the best HT doctors in the world.

Keep up the good work.

"Plan for the worst & hope for the best"

Perhaps a call to ALL the recommended clinics should be in order?

Honestly, we let someone down who researched the site, only to be subjected to a VERY poor experience, IMO.

I think we need some up to date pics of our recommended docs, if not, then an addendum listing the recommended docs we have not seen any recent work from.

It is the RIGHT thing to do.

We cannot simply wait for poor work to show up and then act.

My opinion, as always.

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Pat, great work. You are really looking out for the best of the people on this board so their experience with ht's can be a good one....

Btw. I guess Aquarius might have been right on that post. If we werent on the internet, id shake your hand.

Bleach

Pat,

Great follow up. I would tend to agree with B spot regarding some updating on the docs that you don't hear much about. I personally relied on information gathered from this site before my 2nd procedure, & it would make sense to make sure the recommended docs were still worthy of being recommended.

Pat, It sounds as if Dr. Buxhwach made it easy for you & it seems he took the easy way out.

You applied a little preasure & he folded.

Doctor Limmer has been called out on his procedures recently & he fired back with Comprehensible post & pictures.

I give him alot of credit.

As B spot posted, maybe it's time to call all of our coalition Doctors out & see who eles folds under the pressure.

We as mentors trying to help people certainly don't want our recommendations coming back to bite us on the ass!

Keep up the good work Pat!

I posted this on the other thread...but it's relevant here, so here it is again:

Pat,

That's sad to hear.

Did he give any reason as to why he wasn't willing to provide more photos of his immediately post op results?

I have found in my time being here, that physicians who are unwilling to share their results are the ones that are trying to hide something.

Quality surgeons should not be afraid to show their work to the world and be open to public scrutiny.

We will continue, however, to pull hard and support Fuzzywuzzy and hope for the best.

Bill

Yes-

Very sad. Sad that after 17 years he couldn't even cherry pic a few decent pictures for review. Even sadder is that he will being doing the same type of work tomorrow. Thankfully without a recommendation.

Pat - I am overwhelmed by your genuine concern for the patient and the integrity you show through your actions.

A toast to Pat.

May you be buried in a casket made from the wood of a hundred year old Oak.

Which I will plant tomorrow.

Well noone wants to be that old.. So.

May you die in bed at 95 . Shot by a jealous wife.

Much respect, Aquarius

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

Guest wanthairs

This is why I love this network......us clients are actually in charge here and can affect the business that a practitoner recieves. These HT docs have the power in their hands to totally destroy our lives so they better be held up to very high standards...CHEERS PAT AND THANKS FOR STANDING UP FOR FUZZYWUZZY and the rest of us.!!!!

A toast to Pat.

May you be buried in a casket made from the wood of a hundred year old Oak.

Which I will plant tomorrow.

Well noone wants to be that old.. So.

May you die in bed at 95 . Shot by a jealous wife.

LOL Aquarius. You can be a riot sometimes!!!

These HT docs have the power in their hands to totally destroy our lives so they better be held up to very high standards...CHEERS PAT AND THANKS FOR STANDING UP FOR FUZZYWUZZY and the rest of us.!!!!

Amen!!!

Bill

• Administrators

I really appreciate the support, trust and understanding of the members of this community. I will always make it my number one priority to honor this trust.

Together over the past several years we have played a critical role in changing the hair transplant industry for the better by holding physicians accountable for their actions, while demanding the very best procedure for all patients.

Credibility comes from accountability. Everyone, including me and the members of this community and the physicians recommended on it, should have to justify the good will they get from this community.

I agree with B Spot that we must continually review all recommended physicians and remove those found lacking BEFORE anyone experiences inadequate work. I consider no physician or clinic to be vested on this community. They are ALL subject to constant review.

Patient feedback is vital to this process. But visiting the clinics to observe actual surgeries is also very useful in making recommendations.

This Summer I will be making the rounds in North America in " Hair Force One " to verify the quality of care in various clinics. I will emphasize visiting those clinics that I have not yet visited in person. I will be going from the Miami area all the way up the east coast and New England and into Quebec and Ontario, down through the great lakes region and West over to Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver and then down the west coast and then into the South West, Texas and the south. I will try to leave no stone uncovered in searching for the very best gems, while sifting out the rubble. To view past clinic visits click here .

I continually encourage physicians to share their results on our forum community. But unfortunately it often feels like I'm pushing a rope. Granted they are normally over worked running their clinic, managing their staffs and doing long surgeries. But they would be wise to share their work and insights on this community.

I commend Dr. Brad Limmer for having the respect for this community and for the process of open dialog in providing the information requested by this community.

Typically in the past I have quietly and privately removed recommended physicians that I lost confidence in. Essentially they went quietly into the night and were typically not missed. But some times the issue of a physician's work and recommendation erupts publicly on the forum. If they are removed then it is typically public knowledge with me presenting the reasons for their removal publicly. This was the case with Dr. Bushwach.

Thanks again to all the true believers on this forum who have tirelessly guided people to the very best, while giving hair restoration physicians the incentive to be their very best.

Viva La Patient Revolution!

P.S. Aquarius, I got a little apprehensive about your plans to bury me until I read further into the details, which sound optimal to me.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

As an RN I understand the differences in work that doctors can do.

Accountability is a very difficult concept for a lot of them to understand.

Reading threads like this gives me a lot of confidence in this site.