A member needs your help

Hello everyone

We have a member who needs your support. Gizmo received 2500 grafts and it 3 weeks post op. He is very concerned about donor tightness which as we know is 100% normal at this stage. Please

provide some words of support from your experienceto ease his concern.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hello everyone

We have a member who needs your support. Gizmo received 2500 grafts and it 3 weeks post op. He is very concerned about donor tightness which as we know is 100% normal at this stage. Please

provide some words of support from your experienceto ease his concern.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Jobi,

Thanks for posting this.

I have also heard from Gizmo via private message and I know that he is very concerned about his donor tightness.

As I shared with him privately, my donor area was extremely tight after my third hair transplant for the first 2 months and then gradually improved to what it is today. By about 6 months, most of my laxity has returned and I can comfortably do scalp exercises again both in the front and back.

Gizmo, 3 weeks is way too early my friend. Try your best to be patient as your hair restoration journey (and healing) has only just begun.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks guys

As I told Gizmo, my 2nd HT left me extremely tight. So tight the skin above my donor area "ached" until it stretched. Well, after a couple months it was gone and then I ended up getting 2124 more.

You'll be find Gizmo, relax . As everyone says it is perfectly normal.. Nothing to worry about at all.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

The skin stretched. Unfortunately most people experience this particularly me as laxity is not my best trait. Scar from #2 was great though..

Basically, it is a tight feeling from the skin being closed in the back. Remember, you remove a section of skin so the skin must stretch .

Actually Gizmo is VERY stressed out about this and it is really bothering. I'm just trying to get others to share their experiences so he will see it is completely normal.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Gizmo, Keep one thing in mind: Try not to lift anything heavy or do any pulling with weights or reach for anything to avoid any possibility of stretching your scar. Skin does stretch back thank god or nobody could get a transplant to begin with.

Gizmo

Welcome to the club.

Try not to sweat it to much.

I'm 11 weeks post op.

I also had tightness in the donor area.

Some days it felt tighter then others....this will pass.

You may even feel some pain/stings above your donor scar....it's normal.

MH

It's definately normal to feel donor tightness for several months after surgery. The donor scar can also be reddish for several months. I hear this from patients all the time. Nothing to worry about. Speedy healing to you. icon_smile.gif

Thanks everyone.

Gizmo, as you can see, your worries are just a waste of time..

Relax and enjoy your HT.. It will be ok !

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thx. for all your replys. I thought I was the only one in the world with this problem and it means alot to me that you write back and let me know it is normal and will loosen up and go away. Please keep up the words of encouragement as they help so much.

Hi Gizmo

Hope you feel more comfortable now. As you can see, there is no doubt your tightness is normal as all of the above indicated..

It WILL go away over time and you will be fine

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Dear Forum Members,

I had the privilege of speaking with gizmo today on the phone about his surgery and the hardship he is facing emotionally with his donor tightness and numbness.

For those who have previously been through a hair transplant, you are familiar with the range of emotions we can face, the fear, the doubt, the anxiety, the depression, etc.

Please continue to offer this forum member your support and encouragement as he wrestles with whether or not he made the right decision.

The good news is, he chose an outstanding physician (Dr. Alexander) who has a proven track record of producing consistent and positive results.

Gizmo my friend, remember to take deep breaths. You were in good hands and the donor area will heal over time. Living your life in the meantime while your donor area is healing and your hair is growing is extremely important. Let your loved ones be there to surround you with encouragement and love.

We are also here to support you!

Bill

Hey man, hope you're starting to feel a little better about everything. In my case, the soreness and tightness in the donor area went away somewhere around a month. It'll pass, just give it time and try not to think about it.

Also, I don't know if you had sutures or staples, but I had sutures and wasn't able to see the doc again to have them removed for 3.5 weeks after surgery. Once I got the sutures removed the area felt better due to not having foreign objects strewn in throughout.

Everyone heals differently. Try not to pick at it or touch it too much with your fingers, infection and whatnot. In the meantime, just rock out with your cock out and before you know it, all will be as it was, but with a lot more hair.

Stay busy and don't sit around and let your mind tricks on you!

You are fine my friend.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thx. for al your replays and some personnel fon calls. That was huge. Seems like all are inoe were inthe same boat and iyt just takes time. I am trying my best thanks to all of you to geta handle on this . I hope to be writing all of you later and telling you all is great.and I wwork for an airline so I will fly all of us to an exotic beach for free and we can all have alaugh and a good time. Thx. again you guys.

Gizmo

How are you doing ???

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!