Rogaine Foam?

jason7

Has anyone here tried the Rogaine Foam? I've heard its not greasy like Rogaine but it may leave a residue on the hair. Also has anyone had success with Rogaine of both the crown and vertex of their head? I myself would be a NW class 4 and want to try this before considing Propecia or a HT.

I have used the Rogaine Foam and would like to say that after extensive experimentation with it, I would not recommend it to anyone. Ofcourse I will tell you why.

1. It is called foam, but it melts as soon as you put it on your hand, in 2 seconds. Therefor, it is nothing but expensive minoxidil. Stick with the original liquid stuff because essentially, thats all it is.

2. I dont know why people keep saying its not greasy. No, not when its a foam, but as soon as it melts in your hand, trust me it will very fast, its the same greasy minoxidil you all know.

3. They tell you to use only half a capful. Ok, take a look at the cap size, this half cap size of foam, when it melts, is not enough for you to even put on one localized area of your scalp, so you will end up using more and more. Meaning 1 month supply will end in 1 week. The makers of Rogaine Foam know this, I know this, and know I hope many of you readers will know this. They will make more money this way.

4. Furthermore, If you do not beleive me, feel free and spend the cash to buy it, try it, but get if from a pharmacy where you can easily return it because you will kick yourself if you dont. YOU WILL RETURN IT. This I guarantee.

I am back to the original minoxidil, cause i find it useless to pay for Rogaine Brand Name products as they are just ripping people off. The generic liquid minoxidil is the winner. I encourage responses.

Im now doing minoxidil twice a day. Once in the morn. for 4 hrs, and once at night for 4 hours. I also use Revivogen topical for 4 hours between. Notice i dont leave it on overnight, because none of these things are worth smearing all over your pillow and thus getting all over your face unknowingly. I Plan to update everyone as time goes, I must say, Im not loosing any hair anymore after 1 week of this.

yes, i bought the product (as i said i would), and i must say that I agree with everything the previous poster said.

except that by being forced to rub it into your head it can result in that grease drying up quicker so that your hair doesn't look stupid, although I am not sure that this is good for absorption as some of it is absorbed into your hands. but yes, the foam is basically the same, and you need much more than half a cap. I will consider buying the three-month version and using it in the mornings anyways because it is faster, and like i said the hair seems to dry quicker, but all around this is not the great product i had hoped it would be.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, to the guys above, on the Rogaine site, it says to make sure that ur hands are cold or else the foam would melt on contact. So just rinse ur fingers in cold water b4 applying the foam. When I tried that the foam didnt melt right away and I was able to massage it into my scalp. When I found this out, I felt less cheated. But to be honest it isn't as great as i thought it would be, but it is faster to apply. Try it out if you guys want.

i take back what i said before, i like this stuff now. it's quick and easy, and the best part is that it is not visible, because i just rub it into my head. i donno maybe that means that my hands are absorbing some of it, whatever. i'll get the three month supply b/c that way i wont be getting ass raped in the prices. (although i dont recommend anybody starting with the three pack, test it out first rather than hating it and cursing me). it seems like when i combine the rogaine with the hair wax i normally use it gives my hair more substance, and it doens't blow in the wind as easily (but that may just be that my hair has grown out mroe or something). but whatever the case i put it in the other night right before i went out (as opposed to avoiding applying rogaine when you're about to leave because the liquid looks stupid), and my hair looked good. it's worth a try, just not as good as most of us had hoped.

oh and i'll try it with a cold hand next time.

Jack, if you get hairy palms we'll have to wonder why....lol

BTW, I too have had varying opinions about the foam, but now I like it very much.

First, if you follow the instruction about holding your applying hand under cold water and then dry it off, you'll find it doesn't melt as quickly.

Another thing, when the room tempurature itself is cooler, the stuff behaves very differently,

In fact, half a capful goes a LONG way when the temp is cool in the room, and even when it isn't if your hand is quite cold it definately goes further than otherwise.

After it is rubbed in, I often have to wipe my forehead to prevent dripping because post HT I'm using it all over my HT area.

To do merely the area recommended by Rogaine, the very top forward of the crown, but behind the hairline, half a capful is plenty as long as you use a cold hand, or otherwise have a cold room.

mark h

• 1 year later...

I have been toying with the idea of using Rogaine foam twice a day, but am having good results with Rogaine solution once a day and feel like I will up the dose to twice a day once the results start tapering off (it seems like most people see a tapering off of results after a few years).

Originally posted by Revivogen/5%Minoxidil:

I have used the Rogaine Foam and would like to say that after extensive experimentation with it, I would not recommend it to anyone. Ofcourse I will tell you why.

1. It is called foam, but it melts as soon as you put it on your hand, in 2 seconds. Therefor, it is nothing but expensive minoxidil. Stick with the original liquid stuff because essentially, thats all it is.

2. I dont know why people keep saying its not greasy. No, not when its a foam, but as soon as it melts in your hand, trust me it will very fast, its the same greasy minoxidil you all know.

3. They tell you to use only half a capful. Ok, take a look at the cap size, this half cap size of foam, when it melts, is not enough for you to even put on one localized area of your scalp, so you will end up using more and more. Meaning 1 month supply will end in 1 week. The makers of Rogaine Foam know this, I know this, and know I hope many of you readers will know this. They will make more money this way.

4. Furthermore, If you do not beleive me, feel free and spend the cash to buy it, try it, but get if from a pharmacy where you can easily return it because you will kick yourself if you dont. YOU WILL RETURN IT. This I guarantee.

I am back to the original minoxidil, cause i find it useless to pay for Rogaine Brand Name products as they are just ripping people off. The generic liquid minoxidil is the winner. I encourage responses.

Im now doing minoxidil twice a day. Once in the morn. for 4 hrs, and once at night for 4 hours. I also use Revivogen topical for 4 hours between. Notice i dont leave it on overnight, because none of these things are worth smearing all over your pillow and thus getting all over your face unknowingly. I Plan to update everyone as time goes, I must say, Im not loosing any hair anymore after 1 week of this.

this is an example of someone who shouldn't bother taking medication, there not ready for it. idk im just so sick of hearing about how corrupt these companies are, if they had a better treatment they could commercialize im sure they would. there only gettign like 30% of the balding market.. most of it being from the younger age group.

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

I have to say that I actually prefer the foam to the liquid rogaine solution. It's less messy, easier to apply, and not that much more $$.

(To the newbies), if you're on the liquid rogaine and not entirely happy, give the foam a try. IMO, the foam does work for many in its "limited" ways (mainly the crown area), and is a lot less hassle.

Originally posted by Ja-Man:

I have to say that I actually prefer the foam to the liquid rogaine solution. It's less messy, easier to apply, and not that much more $$.

(To the newbies), if you're on the liquid rogaine and not entirely happy, give the foam a try. IMO, the foam does work for many in its "limited" ways (mainly the crown area), and is a lot less hassle.

yeah as a young guy(19) the liquid was an absolute NIGHTMARE. its greasy, takes liek3 hours to dry, and it drips down my forehead everytime I applied it.

the foam dries in less than 1 minute and then your good to go. i just wish theyd make an unscented foam

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

• 2 weeks later...

I used foam and sprayed it directly on the head and it absorbs better than regular rogaine. It is good for a change up and to "shock" your scalp, but economically Rogaine xtra strength OTC generic is best value.

SMOOTHY

5HT 15yrs/ Shapiro

Propecia/Rogaine xtra

MSM/Saw Pallmetto

Zrii daily

Guilherme,

Welcome to our forum.

Though I am a believer that Rogaine Foam can help stabilize hair loss and even regrow hair, your photos tell us nothing.

In the before picture, your hair is combed to the side revealing your receding hairline. In the after picture, your obvious long hair from the before picture is combed straight down covering your hairline.

If you've seriously had success with Rogaine, I encourage you to post photos that show the obvious regrowth.

Regards,

Bill

well said Bill! thats what I wanted to write also.

in between, Bill, I know that you become a real professional in hair loss domain! why dnt you study some years and be a doctor ? I will be your first patient !

take care

i had been using the foam for a couple months... then went to the gen minox 5%.... i'm goin back to the foam when this goes... or the next paycheck ha!

to answer the residue angle for me.... it does somewhat leave a residue, but i used it to my advantage, like a weird hairspray (i have a buzzcut... so it helped the spike)

my reg is:

propecia 1mg EVERYDAY

minox 5% twice daily (f the foam)

nizoral 1%

say la V old buddies .... i'm tryin to keep you

• 4 months later...

i've been on the equate brand 5% minoxidil for 8 months now. i had noticeable shedding at first but then regrowth started pretty quickly. i have had great results and a LOT of more hair over my problem areas. my only complaint is the greasiness/dry time.

i am thinking of switching to rogaine foam - only to cut down on the grease factor and drying time. if i make this switch, am i to experience that same initial shedding period again? i'd hate to lose the hair i regrew. it's all minoxidil, right? isn't that what causes the shedding/regrowth? i won't want to switch if i am just going to back peddle the results that i have experienced. can anyone give me any insight on this? can i make this switch without a drastic change in results?

• 5 months later...

At the age of 22 my hair was beginning to thin out and dull. Everyone remind my hair problem. I've tried many potion, pills etc, to contest my hair loss but nothing worked. Then I used Rogaine Foam Rogaine Foam, after using this product for just 2 month I felt my hair is completely re-growth and there is a great improvement in my hair. And one thing I didn't like is the product price, its much higher for me and I wanted to decrease it price.

I'm using Rogaine solution, just into the second month and I'm pretty happy with the results so far. The hairs are still soft vellus hairs, but they are there, and having black hair, they do add to the overall appearance of my hair.

I'm hoping they will eventually become terminal hairs... But a bit saddened about the thought of the effects of Rogaine wearing off eventually.

I actually don't have a big problem with the solution... it doesn't seem to be that greasy to me (obviously I wash my hands after) and my head seems to absorb it fairly fast.

I was thinking of switching to the foam for convenience, although I don't really have any complaints about the liquid. The price of the foam is actually lower, from the retailer I use.

I guess I shouldn't mess with something I'm satisfied with, but the idea of foam seems a bit simpler to use.

• 4 weeks later...

hello everyone, I just found this post. I been using Rogaine Foam for 2 weeks now and I love how easy it is to use. I hated the liquid Rogaine cause it makes your thin hair more noticable. It leaves a shinny greasy look to your head. I feel and do see that its working, so I hope to get my hair back. HT is my last resort to my problems. Try using just 2 fingers, so you don't waste it when rubbing it on your scalp.

I just got a re-up of Rogaine, but the guy who sells it kept asking me to try the foam (it's the same price).

I said no, since I'm used to the liquid, but he gave me a free can of foam to try it out.

I've been using the foam in the morning and the liquid at night for a few days now.

To be completely honest, I'm not impressed by the foam at all.

Pros:

it is marginally less tricky to apply

Cons:

it's hard to get the measurement right

it's hard to get it out of the cap after measuring

a lot of it is caught on the hair, rather than reaching the scalp (and my hair is less than a cm long right now. But it might be easier to apply to bald spots.)

it's not actually all that foamy so it quickly melts

Originally posted by xxy:

it's hard to get it out of the cap after measuring

Don't put it in the cap. Better apply it directly to your head. You don't have to use half cap exactly every time, just approx a bottle per month

I have started applying it directly to my head, but it's still mostly getting caught on my hair.

Maybe I'm just not bald enough to be using the foam or something.