Natural/Unnatural Recipient Irritations (worried, pics enclosed)

The past week or so I've noticed irritations (like ingrown hairs or acne) in my recipient -- I know this is often a normal, good sign...I am 25 days post-op.

Earlier today, however, a guy, just "joking around", took a part of his jacket (basically the texture of sandpaper...not actually, but very stiff, strong, grainy) and gave me a "noogie", basically rubbing the &^#( outta my scalp with it. It totally took be by surprise, and while he wasn't sitting there for 10 minutes rubbing away, before I was able to defend myself, my assailent was able to do, what appears to be, damage. At once I became mortified, but quelled my anger and distress as to not reveal the source of my fears.

Some details: the following pics are taken about 45minutes after the incident, pre-shower (I had just finished doing some cardio when it happened), but after I washed the area. An area in particular looks to have gotten irritated the most; I didn't see any bleeding, however, right afterwards, when I went to the bathroom and with wet paper towel I lightly pressed on the area and som red coloration did appear. I look to have lost some hairs in that area.

Of course, my primary concern is that I didn't just lose grafts (I'm nauseous just thinking about that), from them being removed, which I doubt, or somehow destroyed. Also, is there anything I can or should do aside from giving the area perfect conditions to heal and get back to looking "normal".

Recipient_Irritation_002.jpg.f91716ef7dfa55a1469035e83fcad68b.jpg

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Having a tough time uploading my other pic, but it basically shows more clearly that it seems that the irriation is centered around the individual circles of the follicles.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

at 25 days your grafts are anchored solidly; you would have to remove them by surgery at this point; it looks like you are lighter complected and have sensitive skin, which I am, and your skin gets red with any irritation; for example, shaving etc. makes my face red for a little bit; so my point is all your "friend" did was irritate your skin; he did not damage the grafts.

I think the best thing you can do is crack your mate real hard on the chin the next time you see him it will make you feel a hole lot better icon_wink.gif Only jokin bud.

At 25 days the grafts are secure so I don't think you have a problem now as they are due to fall out anyway. But it does look like there is some irritation there so try putting some Aloe Vera Gel on the area.

2600 grafts Dr Feller 28/01/08

3024 grafts Dr Feller 15/01/07

Thx for the responses; that's what I was hoping for -- some type of bad, but not crippling, irritation...it'a amazing how paranoid you can get after an HT, though. My main concern was that it seemed a bunch of hairs got "dislodged" (even though you are right, it is impossible that a graft itself got dislodged), and that the area where some actual follicles are seemed to be irritated the most -- there was some blood, I'd have to think, though extremely minimal, as when I placed wet paper towel over it I saw some red coloration.

You are spot on -- I do have a light complection, and sensitive skin, ESPECIALLY in the period of time right after a workout.

I really have to wear bubble wrap around my noggin' even if I'm just present at the gym -- guys are such animals, ugh, lol...

-----------

Man, I do not like having my personal space violated by other guys (close talkers, touchers, punchers)... especially not after a HT! I was worried about this happening to me post surgery: some clown at work swaggering up to me like, "Hey there, chief!" and putting his arm around my shoulder or touching my head or something like that. I agree that the grafts should be well secure by now but make sure it doesn't get infected; looks like some kind of rugburn. That guy must have given you a serious noogie.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

Ya, it was totally uncalled for; he wrapped one arm around my neck (not quite as crazy as it sounds, as it was taking place right outside a grappling school), and with his free arm gave me a vicious noogie with his abrasive jacket. He wasn't trying to be malicious, but he wasn't exactly trying to make sure he didn't hurt me, either.

Anyways, I think you guys are right -- I need to focus now on keeping the area clean, and making sure it doesn't get infected. I don't have any pure aloe vera left at the moment, any other suggestions that are safe besides just water? Off the top of my head, I have a cleansing/infection foam for cuts and scrapes that is used in liu of an antibotic ointment -- the active ingredient is "benzalkonium chloride", a "first aid antiseptic"...doesn't sound too friendly, though.

Like NN must already know, he weighs about 250 so indeed, I received a complimentary wedgie, as well -- no locker, so I was given a rain check there.

-----------

From looking at this picture your Crown and Right temple appear to have grown very fast and have filled in nicely icon_cool.gif

He probably just did some early shedding for you. My new hairs didn't fall out till about 35 days or so. I was hoping I was special and that they'd just keep growing. Some did hang around but most took a vacation. You'll probably be seeing most of your new pelos fall out in the next couple weeks. Then time comes to a stand still and 1 month feels like a year icon_smile.gif

thanatopsis,

The good news is, your grafts are safe.

It looks like just some minor irritation that could dissipate in a few days/weeks. Just keep the area clean and try applying Aloe.

If the area remains the same or worsens in the next week or so, contact your physician.

As for your friend, well, I'm not sure what to say about this. If he doesn't know about your hair transplant, I suppose it's not that bad. If he did, well, it's time to get a new friend.

Bill

than,youll be fine.i also had a "freind" who all through my pre ht days took great delight in smacking my bald head as hard and as loud as he could to the absolute joy of my other workmates.i would retaliate by rubbing his left ear as hard as i could to eventually(i hoped)give him a cauliflour ear,UFC stylee.he didnt stop however when i went back to work after my first proceedure knowing full well i had just had a ht(idiot)!his excuse.. "it will stimulate growth".

long story short all my hair grew.

incidently he left before i could finish his ear. icon_frown.gif

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Thx for the wise words, all; VERY comforting. It's amazing how your mind can concoct the absolute worst-case scenarios post-HT.

Just for reference, I wouldn't consider the guy a good friend, and he certaintly has no idea about my HT -- was "just" razzing me for being away from the gym for so long and wanted to give me a "welcome back hello", I suppose. Either way, I say Balody sheds his tap dancing shoes, the pink tutu, visits the states and administers a nice case of cauliflower ear to this dude! icon_wink.gif

-----------

no need ill give you a step by step as follows;

walk up behind victim stealthlike.

with your right hand make as if your going to karate chop his ass.

with your left hand make contact with the side of his head pushing it toward your "karate" hand.

with said "karate"hand make contact with ear and proceed to rub at high speed as if sanding wood.

do this 2-3 times per day for up to a year for desired deformity.

if you still need me to come over, i will for free flights,board,food and tickets to a broadway show of my choosing.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.