HT no2 Dr Feller 28/01/08

stevo

Hi all

Just got back this morning and everything went great. Dr Feller and his staff were amazing once again. I ended up getting 2600 grafts.

Arrived in NYC 12 noon on the Sat, stayed in the Wellington on Sat night. Done all the city stuff on the Sat and most of the day on Sunday. Got the train from Penn Station to Great Neck at about 5 pm on Sunday and this cost $14 and took about half an hour. I stayed in The Andrew in Great Neck on Sunday and Monday night and had the op on the Monday. The Andrew is a nice hotel as people have already mentioned and Great Neck itself is a very nice place, very quiet. I photo copied a map that someone had put on this site that shows you the directions from the Andrew to Dr Feller's office and took it with me so that I could walk to Feller's from the hotel. Done a dummy run on the Sunday and walked to Dr Feller's on the Monday for the op. (Nice walk)

Got to the doc's office at about 7.20 and the doc turned up at about the same time. I went through with the doc what I was after which was getting my crown filled in and to slightly lower the hairline. I have been pondering on what to do for round 2 for a while now and in the end I figured that I just want the crown filling in and the hairline lowering. I could of gone and got the hole area thickend up but all I have to do with my hair is ad a little topic fibres and it looks great (a lot thicker) so instead of thickening up I decided on lowering the hairline and filling the crown in to give me complete coverage Dr Feller agreed that this was a good plan.

So the op was pretty much the same as everybody explains it. Dr Feller drew in the new hairline and the pattern in which the hairs will go in the crown. One of the techs then shaves the donor area where the strip is going to be taken from. Then off for the injections to numb the donor area (ouch) there not that bad really and then the doc takes out the strip and the techs begin to separate the grafts. I didn't need that much shaving down on the recipient area because my crown was pretty much slap bald and the front was just getting lowered. The doc then does all the incisions for the recipient area which takes time and complete concentration and then it's time for the techs to come in and insert the new grafts. Sounds dead easy but we was there from 7.30 till about 3.30 so it is a long day. My crown didn't bleed so much for the techs but my forehead was really bad for some reason Dr Feller says I have scar tissue on my forehead and this is probably the reason. Ive probably missed bits out from the day but you get the drift.

Dr Feller is not only a great surgeon but a great guy too. I forgot to pick up my painkillers that the doc prescribes and got back to the hotel with no painkillers (bad move). Dr Feller went out of his way to come up to my hotel to drop the painkillers off for me. Thanks for that mate. (and thanks spex for getting the no for me)

All in all everything went well I even went down to Feller Medical on the Tuesday and watched Dr Feller performing an FUE surgery which was very interesting to see how it is done.

So now im a day and a half post op and my recipient area is itching like mad but I cant touch it. I have cleansed it this morning when I got back and I think im going to do it again now to try and stop the itching.

Here's some pics i took the morning after the op at the hotel with my camera phone. Sorry if the quality is poor.

29012008280.jpg

29012008279.jpg

29012008248.jpg

29012008267.jpg

29012008257.jpg

29012008259.jpg

2600 grafts Dr Feller 28/01/08

3024 grafts Dr Feller 15/01/07

Congrats! Was this your first HT? Also, do you have any immed post-op pics? (not a big deal, obv, I just never get tired looking at them lol...)

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Congrats! Was this your first HT? Also, do you have any immed post-op pics? (not a big deal, obv, I just never get tired looking at them lol...)

No this was my 2nd HT i had 3000 grafts with Dr Feller in Januray last year. I was a norwood 6.As soon as i get the immediate post op pics i will put them up.

I see you have just had work done, how's things?

Cool, it's going to look great!

I'm doin' good; seem to be healing really well, and just can't wait for my babies to start sprouting! We are in the same boat!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thanks for the pictures doc!

Cool, it's going to look great!

I'm doin' good; seem to be healing really well, and just can't wait for my babies to start sprouting! We are in the same boat!

Cheers and dont worry mate they will be popping up before you know it....

Looks great.

It should provide a nice foundation for some added density in the areas

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Guest josh - b

hi stevo,

congratulations

Thats nice work. That will give excellent coverage in a few months.

Could u have gone for for more grafts?

ng2bg, lol, i was wondering the same thing about the background flat screen. looks like stevo really "enjoyed" his stay at the hotel.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks for the comments guy's !

Great write up mate.

Another year of waiting again but it will be well worth it.

Cheers Chucky. I know it will be easier than last time mate coz i have some hair now so it shouldnt be too bad.

Could u have gone for for more grafts?

No Dr Feller took out as much as he could. I have got about 1000 grafts left if i ever needed more work.

ng2bg, lol, i was wondering the same thing about the background flat screen. looks like stevo really "enjoyed" his stay at the hotel.

Guy's, guy's it's VH1 that's on th tv in the backround. Britney Spears and Nelly Furtado on the tv hardcore i know icon_wink.gif

Here's some more pics pre op and post op

hsjdkd.jpg

iyyyrut.jpg

kykiyk.jpg

iuyuyf.jpg

Stevo,

Thanks for sharing your experience and photos with us and congratulations for selecting a fine surgeon!

Your second set of pictures are much more clear. Immediately postoperative pictures are nice and clean as would be expected.

I was going to commet on the gap of baldness between the central region and the crown, but it appears that it only appears bald because that area was shaved as indicated by a picture above. Perhaps Dr. Feller or Spex can confirm.

Heal and well grow,

Bill

Bill, i had that same "halo" effect in my crown and it was due to the area being shaved down beyond where the transplanted grafts went.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Cheers Bill.

The first set of pictures I took myself the morning after the op with my camera phone so the quality is not the best and the second set Dr Feller took.

The gap of baldness has just been shaved down and is growing stubble back now. The way I comb my hair will actually compliment the old work too as I comb my hair forward it will give an all round thicker appearance

Work looks great, stevo-o

Were you a full NW6 before you started? I agree, the combed forward look will suit you well and make it more dense.

Are you taking propecia or is their just no point?

1.25 mg finasteride EOD

Rogaine Foam 5% QD am

Kirkland minoxidil 5% QD pm

Nizoral Q2W

American Crew Revitalize Shampoo

Hi Rick055 and thanks mate.

I think i was a full norwood 6 mate yes, there was a little bit of hair left there but nothing really noticable.

Yes i take a quater of Proscar every day and will carry on doing so. There is still plenty of hair that i could lose, under neath the crown and also the horse shoe of hair could get smaller.

Here is apic before any sessions

ht2.jpg