HBT says.. blah blah blah

What's going on my fellow HT brothers?

It's been awhile since I posted an update of sorts. Well, this one has no pictures. Just because nothing has change photo worthy since my last update.

But, much more outside has!!

It amazes me what self perception does for yourself.

It was just short of a year, post-op, that I met my recent girlfriend. It was the beginning of November when we met. She has, unknowingly given me the confidence that I needed.

Now with that said, things in my work life have moved to a new level. Not saying the HT had a direct involvement in opportunity, but has put my approach towards improvement at a higher level.

I've recently been asked to our Atlanta HQ for a work shop. No big deal with that, other than normally I would shy away from professional settings, due to dressing to fit. No baseball cap allowed.

I've accepted the opportunity with confidence, knowing I would have to wear the dreaded business savvy apparel.

Now, notice I didn't complain about hair appearance? Well, it's not an after thought. It no longer bothers me to the point of cave dwelling.

I guess it took someone not to look straight at my hairline, but be happy with me as me.

Just wanted to post my update, and let all my friends on the forum know, that things have progressed beyond my expectations.

Thanks all, and my Doc.!!

What's going on my fellow HT brothers?

It's been awhile since I posted an update of sorts. Well, this one has no pictures. Just because nothing has change photo worthy since my last update.

But, much more outside has!!

It amazes me what self perception does for yourself.

It was just short of a year, post-op, that I met my recent girlfriend. It was the beginning of November when we met. She has, unknowingly given me the confidence that I needed.

Now with that said, things in my work life have moved to a new level. Not saying the HT had a direct involvement in opportunity, but has put my approach towards improvement at a higher level.

I've recently been asked to our Atlanta HQ for a work shop. No big deal with that, other than normally I would shy away from professional settings, due to dressing to fit. No baseball cap allowed.

I've accepted the opportunity with confidence, knowing I would have to wear the dreaded business savvy apparel.

Now, notice I didn't complain about hair appearance? Well, it's not an after thought. It no longer bothers me to the point of cave dwelling.

I guess it took someone not to look straight at my hairline, but be happy with me as me.

Just wanted to post my update, and let all my friends on the forum know, that things have progressed beyond my expectations.

Thanks all, and my Doc.!!

• Administrators

Hairbethere,

I'm glad to hear that things are looking up in life and you feel comfortable without the cap.

I appreciate all your input and help on this forum. So it's nice to see good things happening to a good guy.

Best wishes for your upcoming event.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• 1 year later...

hehehe.. for the new year, I said I would post a life update...

Well, it's been close to 2 years now and I see somethings have changed around here. But with that, is life.

So, I now hate my job, hate my last girlfriend.. HAHAHA

But, nothing has changed from my confidence point. I have a new girl, who I have been with for awhile now. I mentioned to "Robert" jokingly(you know that guy), after sharing a photo, why is she with me?

Well, it's actually simple. CONFIDENCE. Took me awhile to figure that one out. But my procedure helped me find that.

Feel free to research my history with this forum. You will find the ups and downs I've been through. You may find some ugly interactions that have been discussed also. To that guy, well.. Words I keep to myself.

Best of luck, you guys.. There is hope!!

Confidence is a POWERFUL thing no doubt. I think the combination of a sharp appearance and confidence can allow you to go far ( they feed off each other ). Of course, when you don't look good , it is hard to get by on just confidence. Just think of going to a job interview with a high level of confidence but you look unprofessional? Won't work too well most of the time.

It is kinda of like bluffing with a bad poker hand icon_biggrin.gif

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

hairbethere,

I remember you....going way back now. Welcome back to our forum community and Happy New year to you!

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you have had with your previous girlfriend and your job.

How is your hair looking now adays? I know you have been through some ups and downs in your hair restoration journey.

I am glad to hear that you have more confidence in yourself. That is important and it is what it is all about.

Best wishes and Happy New year!

Bill

Guest wanthairs

hair be there....

I fully agree.....my confidence has gone through the roof and I hooked up with the babe of ones dreams recently, which I am sure would never have happened pre-HT....

Guest wanthairs

ng2gb

Im a little bit of a spastic when it comes to doing things like uploading or taking pics or whatever....however I really need to do this to benefit the others and will try. Epstein recently sent me some pre-op pics which made me nearly freak because i was about 30 pounds fatter and a shining NWD 6. My results are coming in fast and furious now after a long wait. from a distance it basicaly looks like I have almost a full head of hair with age apropriate recession and an empty crown (which i intend on getting filled sometime after May in 2008....I really cant emphasise enough how good this has been for my confidence. Although I never had trouble with getting women, far too many of them were ranging from the average type of "munter" going downhill to a total "i need beer goggles to appreciate this one" ...however now that im 8 months post op, ive been able to score some amazing chicks and recently moved in with a total hottie, who has no idea about my hair journey....its so cool.....even my ex-wife who was a real babe, wants me back now...hee hee hee//////Thanks HTN and Dr. Epstein !!!!

wanthairs,

that is fantastic!!! Im happy for you. I was wondering about your procedure because you were a NW6 and had 2800 grafts. I was curious how this was placed and what kind of coverage you got from it.

Im happy to hear that its coming in for you. Sounds like you started working out too eh?

Seems like a lot of guys really start perceiving themselves in a new and fresh manner after their transplant and it really revolutinezes their over all appearance as a result.

No more beer goggle babes? Sounds good...

Originally posted by Bill - Moderator:

hairbethere,

I remember you....going way back now. Welcome back to our forum community and Happy New year to you!

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you have had with your previous girlfriend and your job.

How is your hair looking now adays? I know you have been through some ups and downs in your hair restoration journey.

I am glad to hear that you have more confidence in yourself. That is important and it is what it is all about.

Best wishes and Happy New year!

Bill

Hey Bill, sup my brother!!

You're looking good my man.. (Not in a gay way)

No worries on the X or job.. All life experiance.

Congrats on your new role!! It can be challenging I'm sure.

I just felt I needed to pop in and give an update. Glad to see peoples lives changing for the best, as mine has.

Figured a little boost to the members around here couldn't hurt.

I offer this experianced advise to the members here.. Make wise decisions. Get done what will make you happy, whether coverage or density.

Don't let anyone change your acceptance of your decision. You did this for yourself and what you deem acceptable. Not for someone elses ideals. But, do not except shoddy craftsman ship.

Best of luck fellow HT'ers!! Never give up hope!

and where is the spell check? icon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif

HairBeThere,

It's good to hear from you my friend and I'm glad to hear that you are generally doing well, depsite the tough experiences that we all face from time to time.

I am thrilled with my new role and honored to be a part of this awesome community of balding and former bald people icon_smile.gif.

Any updates on your hair? Feel free to create a new hair transplant patient photo album or a free hair loss weblog to share your updated photos. I'd encourage you to share your before pictures and surgical details as well.

Feel free to participate in any of our discussions as well.

Please don't take this offense however, if you are being compensated in any way by Dr. Goertz, please make sure you have included this in your signature as per our terms of service as listed at the bottom of this forum.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
Please don't take this offense however, if you are being compensated in any way by Dr. Goertz, please make sure you have included this in your signature as per our terms of service as listed at the bottom of this forum.

Well, don't take this personal either.. I see nothing has changed around here. A PM probably would have been better.

But NO, I thought I would just update. Same ol' same.