Need your suggestion - Here are my photos

Here I am posting my photos for first time, I have been considering HT for long time but have not taken any step so far. I have not used any medication so far.

I participated in some chat sessions, some of you suggested me to post photos. Here are some photos.

I have been on this forum for long time, more than 3 years I think. I did learn lot of things here. I still need to learn a lot. I need your suggestions.

I live in Portland, Oregon. But location does not matter to me, I can fly anywhere for consultation or treatment.

I am looking for an ethical, honest and natural HT, My goal is most artistic & natural HT. I am looking for long term goals.

Any input from you is really appreciated. Thanks much in advance.

KUMAR

P1020605.JPG.1f2e44f45a8f18a29f23f3a307f34738.JPG

Here I am posting my photos for first time, I have been considering HT for long time but have not taken any step so far. I have not used any medication so far.

I participated in some chat sessions, some of you suggested me to post photos. Here are some photos.

I have been on this forum for long time, more than 3 years I think. I did learn lot of things here. I still need to learn a lot. I need your suggestions.

I live in Portland, Oregon. But location does not matter to me, I can fly anywhere for consultation or treatment.

I am looking for an ethical, honest and natural HT, My goal is most artistic & natural HT. I am looking for long term goals.

Any input from you is really appreciated. Thanks much in advance.

KUMAR

How old are you? From the pics, you look like an excellent candidate if you are over 30yrs old or so. Being in Portland, you're VERY close to one of the world class level docs in Vancouver at Hasson&Wong. So if you're still not ready, keep researching and start doing some on line consultations; maybe some specific questions that forum members can give clear concise answers to.

Kumar,

You have been a member for 2 years and you only have 5 posts? Damn you certainly are the silent type. icon_smile.gif

As pushing40 stated, if you are over 30 I would agree that you likely are a good candidate. Depending on your goals ofcourse, if you were looking to achieve a full coverage scenario with some decent density I would think that you need 4000+ Fu.(crown would be sparse)

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Thanks guys for your feed back.

Yes I am kind of silent type icon_smile.gif But I have been participating in recent live chats.

I am 35 years old. Yes, I will visit H&W for consultation. I am planing it.

Are there anyone from Portland or seattle area(on this forum), who had HT? I would love to meet.

I agree with Nelly, around 4000 for top without crown & about 5500-6000 for good coverage. Obviously this is an estimate. A big head or below average hair characteristics and you can go up 1000 or so .

Looking forward to hear from H & W on this

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Guest josh - b

i'm with everyone else on this.

4000+ needed with more if u want to treat the crown.

super8mm,

As already recommended, h+w would be my choice for those large megasessions.

best of luck with your decision

Originally posted by GQnDn:

Why does it matter if you are over 30 years old or not?

I don't think his age matters personally. He's obviously progressed plenty enough to benefit dramatically from an HT. I don't think age matters period. If you know what you're getting into and you can benefit, then do it. That's my opinion on the whole thing.

Originally posted by WeAreCured:
Originally posted by GQnDn:

Why does it matter if you are over 30 years old or not?

I don't think his age matters personally. He's obviously progressed plenty enough to benefit dramatically from an HT. I don't think age matters period. If you know what you're getting into and you can benefit, then do it. That's my opinion on the whole thing.

I think age does matter, as a 24 yr. old could very well end up as a NW 7 + and look goofy as hell as a 40 year old with an obvious scar.

FWIW, I had 300 'mini's' 17 yrs. ago at the age of 25. These are plugs, but my doc was wise enough to start the hair line about 1 inch above my hairline at the time. I still have some native hairs in front of the plug hairline so it's not too noticeable, but it has gotten more noticeable over the years.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Age matters.

Younger patients with significant loss have a greater risk of ending up a norwood 7 in which case, will significantly limit their available donor. The fact that super8mm is 35 years old is more reassuring and is most likely a candidate for as large of a megasession as possible in order to fill in the balding areas.

Super8mm, as I stated to you in live chat, you appear to have above average donor density from your pictures though laxity will have to be tested by a physician.

Hasson and Wong is a great choice. Consider also consulting with Dr. Gabel.

Best wishes,

Bill

As everyone has already told you, 4k+ grafts looks like a good amount to give you decent coverage. You may need at least another session if you're looking for high density. do a search for a patient named londonlad--very similiar case. he just had his second session with H&W although many people would have been happy with the results he received from #1. I'd also consult with Rahal in Canada. Best of Luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 3 months later...

I finally decided to have a HT with DR.Hasson in June last week.

I am planing to have 4000+ grafts.

Started using Propecia 3 weeks before.

Please send me all your suggestions & wishes :-)

• 1 month later...

Three more days to surgery.

I am not tensed but thinking too much about scar. I don't care about pain part. I am pretty good in handling pain. But am little worried about the scar. I don't want a long scar which goes till temples. Ofcourse I am going for 4000 grafts, I am not sure how I can avoid it? I know once I grow hair scar it wont be visible, but looking at recent FUE results I am kind of feeling like that I am rushing in for FUT.

I am sure DR.Hasson will take care of everything, but you know as a typical HT patient I am worried about cliche things.

So here are my questions, please answer for me.

1. what are your preferences about scar? do you guys care if it goes all the way to temples?

2. What are the options to get rid of the scar left after surgery? like is there any cosmetic surgery to get rid of it? or doing a FUE on scar ?

Thanks much for your help, I am almost there.

Kumar

I think you will be suprised at how thin and undetectable the scar will be. I'm 3 months, and it's undetectable. At this rate, I think in a year I'll be able to cut down pretty close.

Also, it's funny how some of us want the hair, only to want also to buzz or shave it off.... icon_rolleyes.gif

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

super8mm,

So you finally booked surgery - good for you. Dr. Hasson will take excellent care of you!

Placement of the scar wil depend on a number of things, but you will have to discuss with Dr. Hasson what he thinks is best for you and your goals. If you don't want the scar to go past a certain point, discuss it with him BEFORE surgery and ask him his professional opinion. My scar is pretty long, but I gave him the ok to do this since I knew I would get more grafts. And the scar is concealed very nicely under a 3 or 4 clip.

Also, a scar is permanent. Please know this going into surgery. The trichophytic closure technique will help camouflage it, but you will still have a scar and won't be able to shave all the way down to scalp again without revealing it. You can do FUE on a scar to further camouflage it in the future, but once again, it doesn't eliminate it.

Best wishes,

Bill