Recognition for top Tech's

Hey all,

I posted this on the another thread regarding curly new hair. One reason for curly new hair (mishandling grafts, crushed while planting)brought to my attention the need for quality techs. We all know they are a huge part of the success of the HT.

Anyway, here is my post:

"Maybe this is a thought for another thread but:

Just before my last HT, I asked my Doc if it was OK to "tip" the techs. He said it was not neccesary but my feeling was that they would give those grafts of mine extra care!! Top clinics have top techs I am sure. I feel that there are some top techs out there who should be recognized somehow. Perhaps each Doctor in the coalition could nominate one from each office. Might be good motivation for all techs to step up their game. What do you all think??"

NoBuzz

Hey all,

I posted this on the another thread regarding curly new hair. One reason for curly new hair (mishandling grafts, crushed while planting)brought to my attention the need for quality techs. We all know they are a huge part of the success of the HT.

Anyway, here is my post:

"Maybe this is a thought for another thread but:

Just before my last HT, I asked my Doc if it was OK to "tip" the techs. He said it was not neccesary but my feeling was that they would give those grafts of mine extra care!! Top clinics have top techs I am sure. I feel that there are some top techs out there who should be recognized somehow. Perhaps each Doctor in the coalition could nominate one from each office. Might be good motivation for all techs to step up their game. What do you all think??"

NoBuzz

The technicians are an extremely part of the overall hair transplant process.

They should be commended for the quality work that they do and certainly they should be paid well. From my understanding, they are as they rightfully should be! I suppose I never considered tipping the technicians however, I can't imagine with all that is at stake that it would encourage them to do a better quality job. But I'm sure they would appreciate it and it is a nice thing to do!

Bill

I always bring chocolate for the staff and trust me , they really like you then icon_smile.gif

A little extra incentive

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

It is pretty darn nice if you "tip" the techs with some sweet treats or whatever. Sometimes doctors are glorified and the techs really do not get recognized for the hard work they do.

I think a patient is going to get the same level of care (at a good clinic) whether he treats the techs or not. That said, the assistants are definitely not going to perform worse because of your kind gesture. So, every little bit helps I guess icon_wink.gif

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

She has my vote too.

Janna is a sincerely compassionate individual dedicated to her profession. When I first had my HT, I had a lot of questions and concerns (as most people do), and wanted an unbiased opinion. Janna to the rescue!...Not only did she answer my countless e-mails, but gave me her number so we could converse by phone.

Even though I did not have my HT through her clinic, and she had nothing to gain, she did not hesitate to help me or answer my questions "???or listen to my whining, when I was in the 5-6 month doldrums.

The Shapiro Medical Group should be proud and feel fortunate to have the likes of Janna as an ambassador representing their good name.

Glock08

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs

PGP, it's 555-hairs-r-us. Thought you had it already!

Glock, wow, it's good to see you on the forum. Maybe you'll get a free moment to email me how you're doing these days.

Thank you for the votes, I really appreciate it. Let's do a shout out to all the hardworking techs!!!

What more can be said of Janna. For those that don't know her or have not had the opportuniy to meet with her she really is a special person. Yes she would get my vote.

Bspot would have to be at the top of the list for best clinic employee right with Jotronic. I think that having them duke it out for top honor would be only fair.--no pulling hair. icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

LOL Fella's-- I AM from Chicago Heights, IL, right?

Seriously though, while I appreciate the nomination, it is no contest.

Joe's got me by a mile... so has Spex, for that matter.

BUT, if we were to settle this on the golf course...well.... let's just say..I think I might have an edge icon_biggrin.gif

Later,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.