Too Strenous?

I just wanted to get an informal poll on whether or not it is too strenous on the scar and grafts to go downhill skiing approx. 4 days(OOPs actually 6 but probably no differetn) post HT? I am a medium-advanced skier and would think that it is okay unless there is a wipeout. What are thoughts??

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I just wanted to get an informal poll on whether or not it is too strenous on the scar and grafts to go downhill skiing approx. 4 days(OOPs actually 6 but probably no differetn) post HT? I am a medium-advanced skier and would think that it is okay unless there is a wipeout. What are thoughts??

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hell, lets do some bungie jumping and skydiving while were at it icon_wink.gif

No way man, it takes nine days for the grafts to anchor to the point that if pulled out the follicle will still be secured.

Your stitches would be in for 10-14 days, wouldn't want to open those up doing this kind of activity. Even after those stitches come out or disolve, I would wait at least one month or more for strenous activity.

At 4 days post HT, if you have facial swelling which many do, this is a bad day. I had one eye get a little blurry from the fluid moving down from the forehead into the bridge of my nose and eyes.

Take up chess during your recovery!! icon_wink.gif

NoBuzz

Come on mom!!!

Hell I know the right thing to do but I am trying to swing a vacation during the recovery time. I am not one to sit on my duff. I've never been accused of being the smartest when it came to that shit. I was once surfing in Santa Cruz when half a fresh sea lion was washed up on the shore. Only one thing bites those in half. icon_smile.gif

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hi

I wouldnt do any slightly strenous activity until atleast the stiches are removed. They say you shouldn't do this to avoid stretching of the scar area.. This does not even mention potential damage to the grafts..

It's your head and money but I'd be very careful

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

NN-

Don't even think about it, man! And this is your father talking (low gruff voice), not Mom. icon_cool.gif

Seriously, you may get away with it but in no way would I take the risk. It's not worth it............not good for the scar or the healing of the grafts.

Relax and heal my friend!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Nervous,

I can hardly believe you are seriously asking this question =P. Or maybe...you are not serious!

Did all that ragging on me on other threads get to your brain? :P

Seriously dude....bad idea totally. Even if you don't fall, you are putting unnecessary strain on the scar....skiing uses a lot of muscles in your body, you twist, you turn...you do that math.

Skilling + 4 (or 6) days post op = Disaster.

In fact, I wouldn't even consider doing anything like that until at least one month post op.

Bill

As I am getting up in the number of posts I was experimenting with a mini me and look at the stupid questions he asks. icon_smile.gif

Ya, I figured you guys would be shaking your heads wondering what the #@!*? But its kind of one of those things where you know the answer but hope you'll hear differently. I love to ski and if I were to go to Vancouver for HT, what a shame to make the trip and not hit the slopes. This HT stuff is going to cramp my style big time. Oh well. Small price to pay I guess.

Aren't we all allowed a mulligan?? Consider this my mulligan and nobody hold this against me. Honest, I'm not an idiot. icon_biggrin.gif

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

NN-- the only skiing you can do is on Play Station, ok?

If you decide to go skiing, Bill, Bank and myself will be waiting at the bottom of slopes to take of you, old school style..............

uknowhaddimean?

I guess we will allow you ONE mulligan..... but we will be watching you!!!!

To protect you from yourself, of course icon_biggrin.gif

Later Buddy

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Yea, skiiing would be a bit too risky. Sight seeing is just too boring in and around Vancouver? Have to admit, it's hard to feel bad for you just because you can't ski when you're in such a beautiful area.

Best of luck!

A little common sense goes a long way.. What type of surgery would allow you to ski shortly after the procedure??

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!