Follicles

Ty

What up

Don't think I'm a couple chromosomes short or anything, but as I am going through a real shedding phase right now and at the end of some of the finer hairs I am seeing almost microscopic white balls... Are those my follicles falling out with the hair, thus negating the chance of ever growing hair there again? I'm tweaking out a little bit here.... icon_eek.gif

Yeah I am also glad you asked the question because when I see shedding I see either black heads or white ones. Unfortunately I would assume that one of them is permanent hair loss - would anyone like to chime in on which one it is?

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Yeah I was really itchy when my hairloss was at its peak, I thought this was the process of balding since I was using head & shoulders and it didnt help. Now after using Nizoral 2% the itchiness has largely gone away, I just wished I used this product sooner!

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

i have had itchness also since my hairloss started and ive just recently (days) starting using nizoral. i hope it going to help.

do you think its ok to use a normal conditoner after using nizoral because it leaves my hair quite tangled.

I am not sure, But I think yes it is perminant hairloss. Because when I started loosing hair perminantly my hairs got those white balls at their end and also the hairs were very thin. Now my hair loss is halted. Even now few hairs are falling but they don't have those white balls and also they are thick giving impression that they will grow back again.

Ravi Vide

From what I've read, the "white balls" on the ends of hairs does not indicate permanent loss.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

It's most likely not permanent hair loss, just shedding. The hair with the bulb on the end is known as a club hair. The following is from one of my previous posts. I found the info on the Internet:

"Hair grows in a cycle: anagen (living growing hair), catagen (in-between phase) and telogen (resting or falling-out phase). Telogen lasts a few months and is terminated by a new anagen hair. The result is shedding a hair with a bulb at the end (club hair). It is normal to lose 50 or more telogen hairs a day."

• 1 month later...

shift the subject - can anyone who has gone through a hair transplant procedure help me out with a concern. I have noticed where my new hair line is supposed to be and I feel confident will come to be.... I have several bumpy areas that are sore to touch. These areas are not an eye sore just irrated small bumpyness located right at the hair line. I had arount 2200 pluse FUE first procdure on July 25,2006. The procdure went great and post-op healing and treatment were also very successful. Just started noticing the soreness last week and it has not proceded to get worse just soreness and small bumps. I would appreciate some advice from any experienced FUE vet's out there.... Thanks!

like pimples? it could be the new hair coming out

Originally posted by MUHERDFAN:

shift the subject - can anyone who has gone through a hair transplant procedure help me out with a concern. I have noticed where my new hair line is supposed to be and I feel confident will come to be.... I have several bumpy areas that are sore to touch. These areas are not an eye sore just irrated small bumpyness located right at the hair line. I had arount 2200 pluse FUE first procdure on July 25,2006. The procdure went great and post-op healing and treatment were also very successful. Just started noticing the soreness last week and it has not proceded to get worse just soreness and small bumps. I would appreciate some advice from any experienced FUE vet's out there.... Thanks!

I've gotten soar bumps (which turned out to be ingrown hairs or pimples) and have read on here about others with the same. i put a hot compress on them and when they had a head on them pressed on them like a zit and puss came out just like a zit and then healed. I've gotten many over these last 6 months but it seems like the most were between 2-4 months or 5 months. Don't know if this is what you r explaining or not.

Guru Real Hair Club Member

Thank you for the quick feedback. I will place a hot compress on them. Hopefully this will treat my problem. I understand hair pimples or ingrown hairs have no negative impact on my desired results of successful new hair growth. I truly appreciate your response....