Curetage

Has anyone heard of this? Look at the before/after pictures, especially of the woman about 3/4 down the page. It doesn't even look like the same woman! Besides, it's not like the before pics show any signs of hair loss anyway. Are they saying the product makes you turn into another person? LOL.

http://www.curetage.com/?gclid...2NlYgCFSoIFQodVCrLOA

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm not going to comment on the validity of this stuff because I'll leave the consensus up to you guys on this one. icon_smile.gif There are enough guys in this thread that have been researching hair loss long enough to know a viable hair loss treatment from the more questionable substances that are peddled online.

However, one thing I do want to point out for anyone considering using this substance is that the dramatic "before/after" photographs of the person shown on the home page does not appear to be of someone suffering from male-pattern baldness. The pattern does not follow the traditional hairline recession/thinning crown criteria and looks to be a more random, clumped fallout sort of hair loss. The causes of that kind of hair loss can be extremely varied, from illness to medication to many other things.

Anyone considering treatments that make spectacular claims and have little to none associated scientific documentation to support these claims is invited to check out this article on questionable hair loss treatments.

Caveat Emptor,

Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 1 month later...

Crap crap crap

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 weeks later...

Put this one with the rest of em

Avacor

provillus

Procerin

Nioxin

Revivogen

Laser comb

Hanging upside down

Caffine

Tea tree oil

We are in the worng industry guys!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

ummmm, I heard , from a friend, whose neighbor knows a guy that dated a zoologist- and she said ( in whispered tones) that lots and lots of sex cures baldness and sited monkeys as evidence.

So, add that to your list to I suppose....

HT#1 4944FU 23May06-Hasson

HT#2 1960FU 16Jan07- Hasson

6904 Total FU, 13160 Hairs

2184-1's, 3184-2's, 1536-3's

Yup

someone needs to show this to NervousNelly as he feels i'm a little "harsh" on these other products.. I'm harsh cuz they don't work

haha

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Haha

With 60 cups of coffee, you can do anything!!!

BUT i'm sure you will be doing it from the toliet!!

icon_smile.gif

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 1 year later...

I just want to introduce myself. My name is Lee Ann Caviness. My father started the Curetage company 17 years ago. I'm not here to solicit customers. I want to make that clear. I'm here and responding because I think that you my have the wrong idea about us.

I first want you to know that I understand how many companies have jumped on the "let's formulate a product that's crap now that the patent for minoxodil has expired and bilk innocent hair loss sufferers out of thousands of dollars." Trust me when I tell you that I have them just as much as you. Because of this problem with everyone adding just a tiny drop of the drug minoxodil to teir product and then being allowed by the FDA to make claims of hair growth is sickening.

Please understand that we are a small, family owned business. My father, Mr. Wayne Morris did not start this business to make money. Well, we were hoping that we would, of course, but we were just as skeptical about it as the next person. He started this business because he happened upon a formula in his travels that turned out to actually work in most cases. At the time, there was only Rogaine. It was prescription strength only and had horrific side effects.

We have made a little money over the years. Now, not a fortune by any means! But enough to help take care of my parents since they retired and support my brother and myself. It even helped purchase my 1600 sq ft home. We are not millionaires is the point I'm getting to.

Our before and after pictures may be of poor quality, but they are absolutely real. All of our originals are in the filing cabinet that stands beside my desk. I don't even have my own office, LOL. Anyway, I just want to make clear that male patterned baldness occurs in many stages and our test participants from about 19 years ago were at all different stages of hair loss. The picture of the female, Sherry, is from an unsolicited testimonial. I have those originals as well. We took the background out of her photos after scanning them to make it fit better with our others. As a matter of fact, that has been done with all of our pictures. We didn't even employ a professional photographer to take the pictures of our test participants because we didn't actually think the product would work and couldn't afford to spend that kind of money at the time. We have received many testimonials since then, but we have to completely rebuild our site from start to finish to get them on there. It is very old and outdated.

To make a long story short, I'm 34 now and my controlling father is finally starting to listen to my ideas more. You should know that before this company, my father had been an insurance salesman most of his life and had owned a few small business like a hauling and grading company, a power washing outfit, things like that. He neither had the vision nor the knowhow to properly present Curetage to the public.

The things you see now; our packaging, website, verbage,etc. are the result of my doing at his request. I was barely 18 when we started Curetage and a single mother. I didn't know anything then. I've spent the last few years bonding with my first and only hisband and having two more children. I haven't spent the time necessary to keep things up to date. I just started back to work this week and all of the issues you have with our product will be addressed this year. That's my resolution!

Feel free to contact me anytime through my email or at 800-273-4246. I enjoy the customer service aspect of my job a lot and love to chat. Can you tell? ha! ha! I wish all of you luck on your quest for the ultimate, but far too often unsuccessful, GOOD HAIR DAY!

Happy New Year!

-Lee Ann

• 6 months later...

It is my experience that this product is worthless as far as curing hairloss as it says on the bottles and they have it set up where you have to buy like 4 different products at the same time for there stuff to work......pretty costly. I'm sure most of their business is first time customers. If anything there products cause you to lose more hair over time.....their products suck as do 99% of the topical products out there. You'd be better off doing some things internally and nutrionally and maybe some heavy metal detox programs or something of this nature then wasting your money on CURETAGE hair loss products.....their motto as it says on the bottle is "not the prevention, but the cure". Does this mean that I have to be totally bald on top to begin to expect any results. Oh the shampoo makes your scalp tingle.....whoopdie doo!!!. And they tell you that you got to keep using their damned shampoo to prevent further hair loss.....contrary to what it says on the bottle.

I recommend that if you have any semblance of hair on your scalp that you avoid these products and this company like the plague. If you are totally bald then I say go buy their products....you have nothing more to lose then.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not one to just dismiss a product out of hand, just because it isn't proven yet doesn't mean it never will be, I do think that perhaps we as a community are a little harsh on certain people who "invent" hair loss "cures".

Some of them (sadly I fear a minority) genuinely believe they have a cure. However surely if they believed they really had a product that would work they could sell it for a few years at a price to cover cost, distribute it as widely as possible, and then when they became famous as the people who haad found a working product for a reasonable price, get FDA approval and charge proper money for a proven product?

I love the "we don't make much money... just enough to buy my house". BUY MY HOUSE! I haven't made enough money doing something that I think is very profitable to buy myself a house!

• 7 months later...

I tried curetage starting three weeks ago, and stopped when I saw that I was losing hair rapidly! I lost more in these three weeks than in the previous six years. How did it cause this? Will it grow back? Has anyone else run into this?