2 years post-op

dhuge67

To be honest, my hair transplant was not a good decision. However, after two years I have found ways to deal with it and mask it well enough with Dermmatch that it is passable to the point where nobody would give it a second look.

Am I satisfied and is my road to hair recovery complete? No, but I will get there.

Hard to believe it's been two years!

All I have to say is, thank God for Dermmatch...and hopefully I hold onto what I have for a while, so I can continue to use that until I am able to take the time and money to get another procedure.

I'm not on any hair loss drugs unless you consider Progain or Nizoral to be in that category.

It's still thinning somewhat, but not at the torrent pace that it once was. I'm still only 22 years old, so I figure the longer I can get away with using Dermmatch as a concealer, the better off I will be.

Thanks again for everyone's support from this site, it's been an invaluable resource and I know that I will be back here again every now and then.

I'll definitely check in here when I go for HT #2.

All the best to everyone else with their situations,

Chris

Photo%2038.jpg

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Your head looks great in that photo. Perhaps you're being overly critical. I can't see anything wrong with your hair. Maybe you should post a better photo. I would try to hold off another 10 years before HT number 2.

LOL, hairdini, that's exactly why I love and have become pretty outspoken here about Dermmatch.

It makes me look completely normal and fine...it is a pain in the ass to apply it perfectly, and it can smear if rubbed or if my hair were to be brushed through by a hand, but it does the job considering..

I'll get a before pic up sometime shortly for comparison's sake...even though it is embarrassing.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Your hair looks good in that photo -- you truly are a jedi master of concealer. I know how it is to be a total slave to the concealer, however, and the power becomes a dark, dark power, indeed.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• Moderators
Originally posted by dhuge67:

I'll get a before pic up sometime shortly for comparison's sake...even though it is embarrassing.

Dr. Pistone has been doing hair transplants for 15 years or more. I remember sort of looking into him way back in the early 90's when he started. I've seen pictures of DHuge. Some bad work there (sorry). This proves that you can't choose a Dr by experience alone. Just because someone has been performing hair transplants (or anything really) for 15 or 20 years, if they don't ever update their techniques then they are 15 to 20 years behind the current technology.

As for dermatch, you look great with it. I've tried several concealers and can get my hair to look completely full because I have some thin hair all over my head, but I don't like the fakenes of them. As you say it can rub off and I like to put my hands through my hair. It also make my hair feel stiff and dried out when I try to comb it.

Also, don't any of you feel strange when someone sees you one day with a full head of hair and another day when you don't have it on you look bald and then the week after your hair is full again. Don't any of you get questions? I think i would get more strange looks if I did that than the looks I get now without it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I either wear a hat or have Dermmatch applied. Or both.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

DHuge,

You look great with that dermatch man! Maybe you should consider a career in hairdressing us bald guys with that stuff, lol! Masterful disguise, I have seen your other pics I think. Does that cover your scar too??

Also, I heard one of my HT techs talk about Dr. Pistone. Is he a real short guy?

I wish you much luck in your next HT. Since I was a repair case myself, you will feel much better once you take action. Choose you doc carefully, (you already know that).

I know you and Bill are from PA and I have to ask you guys if you have ever seen a billboard on the highway - it might be Pistones, which advertises HT and shows a guy with spark plugs in his head?? The Ad attacks or infers that other doctors as though they are still doing plugs. Makes me angry to look at it, I nearly ran off the road lol. I saw it on route 81? just crossing into Harrisburg.

Good luck, keep us posted,

NoBuzz

Guest josh - b

hey dhuge,

I remember seeing your thread browsing through old posts. From what i recall your final result just lacked density.

Would u not consider going to one of the top docs and getting that density?

You are young but as you've already started the ball rolling so to speak why not get the result u initially hoped for?

That being said dermmatch works wonders for u but concealers really are a pain to keep applying.

best of luck

i started using dermatch after ht#2 and i find that if i apply it when my head is damp (straight out of the shower) it kind of puts a thin coat on my entire scalp that looks really good. i do have a good amount of native hair though and it's grown out for the past 2 months.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hey dhuge67,

Just wondering what your hairloss was before your surgery.

Maybe you have some pics ??

As you know 1600 graphs is on the lite side these days when it comes to jobs/density...unless your loss is not that bad.

Best of luck on HT #2

MH

• 2 weeks later...

I have a hair loss blog with a lot of pics if ya'll are interested.

Thanks for the kind words. As my hair has grown in some more, it's become way easier to apply and conceal. Good times.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Browsed through your blog....we seem to have lost our hair at around the same age...saw your prom pics; interestingly, I was just looking at my prom pictures....junior prom 100% follicular vitality.....senior year prom, however, I was somewhat shocked to notice that I really had started to thin out by then, and my mother wasn't bullshitting me icon_smile.gif....damn.....

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!