Hair Transplant Donor Area - Dr. Pathomvanich

TomA

This is my donor area approximately seven months after my surgery.

Surgery date: July 18, 2007

Video date: February 24, 2008

YouTube severely reduced the resolution. If someone can give me a place to upload a higher res video, please let me know.

(I tried veoh, but it doesn't work. That site obviously needs some work.)

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

This is my donor area approximately seven months after my surgery.

Surgery date: July 18, 2007

Video date: February 24, 2008

YouTube severely reduced the resolution. If someone can give me a place to upload a higher res video, please let me know.

(I tried veoh, but it doesn't work. That site obviously needs some work.)

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

The hair is clipped at #5 two days prior.

I wish I could get the higher res version up somewhere. You still can't see any scar line, but it's even more impressive because it's more clear and larger. Youtube shrunk it and seems to have compressed it some.

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

TomA:

Do you live in that part of the world? If not, what made you go there if you don't mind me asking?

I'm sure they are top notch, but for me if I lived in a certain place I would want my surgeon close enough that I could be to him in a day, in case I needed to strangle him or something! icon_razz.gif

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

LOL... No, but I work in Asia every summer and spend most of the summer there.

I went there because he has a great reputation as perhaps the best doc in Asia (he does most of the TV personalities over there) and because he charges about $2.10 per graft.

My 3300 grafts cost $7000

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Until I have a chance to update my blog...here are some before and after pics...

Before.jpg.3532eed30b1a04982875e5443a2c7a97.jpg

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

After photo...

After.jpg.04bd2095cb962c4c759c2b55eb1b84d0.jpg

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Thats a great looking result.You must be so thrilled with that and what a saving on cost you made.

At 7 months as well with more growth to come,

I`d like to see more of Dr Paths patients posting.

Well done mate.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

You're looking great TomA.

Congrats on your procedure. You got a great procedure at a very reasonable price.

Thank you for all of the comments!

Yes, several people have made comments on it, but they either think:

1. I lost weight

or

2. I dyed my hair. (uh, Joe, I had no hair... remember?)

It's obviously not a toupee, and people can't figure out that it is a transplant. I think they just don't have a mental schema for hair growing back once it's gone, so their mind picks up something familiar to account for the difference (like the above).

For some reason no one has guessed Propecia yet...

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hi Tom, from what I can see you look really good.... having those high sides make a huge difference.

I know I gave you a hard time about your dr choice, but I want you to know that I am glad everything is working out for you my friend.

Thanks for continuing to share your results.

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks Jason,

No problem... I hadn't really thought of it as a "hard time" or anything. Just glad everyone prodded me to do a lot of research. I had considered a different, (and cheaper) doc in Thailand before I came here and learned that not all docs are the same.

Now I want to go back next summer and have him do the crown... coz I've still got a "B spot" bothering me! LOL!

--

My Hair Loss Weblog