Hasson and Wong- 4,877 BEFORE 03/18/2003

Hello All, well it's been 90 days since my 4,877

mega session with Hasson and Wong, according to jotronic 2nd largest in the world, I'm working on getting some better angles, lighting.

Strange-Curls

[This message was edited by Strange-Curls on June 25, 2003 at 01:32 AM.]

DSCN1423.jpg.fc2326268c3eb9c38e523d72ff022055.jpg

Hello All, well it's been 90 days since my 4,877

mega session with Hasson and Wong, according to jotronic 2nd largest in the world, I'm working on getting some better angles, lighting.

Strange-Curls

[This message was edited by Strange-Curls on June 25, 2003 at 01:32 AM.]

Amazing !

You must of an increadible dense donor area !

Lucky you !

Most people here would need 2-3 OP to get that many grafts transplanted !

Keep us updated !

Thx.

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

• 2 months later...

Strange-curls,

Wow, unbeleivable.. i have not know any that had so many grafts in one surgery! Please tell us how wide and long the strip was.. have you dared to count the incisions after the surgery, with someone's help!!! no offense to the doctors but I would be really really curious..

good luck with your recovery.

Signature:Please click here to vote for the doctor you would go to if you needed a hair transplantation today!

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

farishta_1998@yahoo.com

I want to find out if (Hasson and Wong) count the graft when they are inserting it your scalp.

How would you find out if they have inserted the exact amount. I had my procedure done with SureHair Toronto and they did not count and told me they inserted 1800 grafts,which I dont think they did. Can anybody who had a prcedure done with Hasson and Wong repond. Regards

If you want to know how many grafts were actually implanted you can get a good idea by taking a photo of the recipient area just after surgery. Make sure to put a ruler in the picture for scale, then import the image into photoshop. Create a 1cm sq box and overlay it over 3 random areas of the recipient area. Count the grafts per sq cm and take an average. Now you know how many grafts you received and it is DOCUMENTED!

I would also like to know how this H@W patient turned out. Any photos Jo?

Dr. Feller

Farishta...

during my procedure with Dr. Wong, he counts out loud during the recipient site preparation and with each count of 100, he then marks it on a white board right there in the room...As the day progressed toward the end, only then do the doctor and techs REALLY know what the final graft count will be, as they are cutting grafts all day in my case..they do estimates of it all during the day, but until the end, they dont really know the actual number...the doctor doesn't want to make more slits than they have grafts, so they are constantly checking towards the end of the day, to match up slits with available grafts...

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

I posted the photos for this patient on March 29th, 2004. When I saw the request for the photos again I went back to find the post and noticed an error. I originally posted that he had 5200 grafts. I reality it was 4877. My bad. The problem is that I wanted to edit the numbers before I gave you the link. Once I did that, I was notified that a "trigger word" had sent the post to be reviewed. What the...????? Anyway, the original thread is here... http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=5696015661&f=1466060861&m=8826075295&r=8826075295#8826075295

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

When I went to Hasson and Wong, they had me hold a counter and count how many grafts they were doing. After that the girls new exactly how many hairs there were. Single, double and so on.

Jotronic what happened to this guy??

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

When I saw Dr. Hasson of H&W he did the same thing with me.

Jotronic any word on this guy??

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

If the doctor told you you got a round number of grafts 'exactly' (example: 1800, 2000, etc) then one of three things probably happened:

1. You got struck by lightning and by some miracle, you got EXACTLY 1500 (or whatever round number) of grafts, when they dissected your donor strip. That is extremely unlikely!

2. You actually got an odd number of grafts (example: 1507 grafts) but your doctor told you 1500 because he was rounding the number up or down. Maybe he gave you 1541 (for example) but only charged you for 1500. Etc.

3. Your doctor harvested an odd number of grafts, but when they hit 1500 (or whatever number) they called it quits and threw the remaining precious donor hair into the garbage. Maybe you only paid for a certain amount, or they ran out of time, or they didn't know where to put the remaining grafts. Whatever the reason, throwing away potential grafts is a HUGE no-no and I think it should actually be illegal.

Maybe ask your doctor if you can see your chart, your exact graft count should be part of your records.

• 5 months later...