Cost of HT's not often mentioned???

rodfl

Just curious as to why many members do not mention the cost of their procedures? It seems that this too would be valuable information for people seeking as much knowledge as possible.

Everyone realizes that each patient has individual needs but why not mention some prices for these procedures--No one seems to have a prolem posting how many graphs they have received---but many fail to mention the price of the surgery--Is there a reason I am not aware of??

Just curious as to why many members do not mention the cost of their procedures? It seems that this too would be valuable information for people seeking as much knowledge as possible.

Everyone realizes that each patient has individual needs but why not mention some prices for these procedures--No one seems to have a prolem posting how many graphs they have received---but many fail to mention the price of the surgery--Is there a reason I am not aware of??

Cost is subjective, with some patients paying full-price and others taking short-notice sessions for substantially reduced prices.

With that said the best docs seem to average 4.50 a graft for the 1st 2000 grafts and 2.50 a graft for anything after that.

I know both times I took VERY short notice sessions for a reduced rate.

In addition, I have spoken with others who have had their Docs offer substantial discounts for return sessions or offer in-house financing with 30% down 0% interest, etc....

One thing I tell everyone is plan on being able to pay full price and then negotiate from there.

Finally, the cost of the procedure is irrelevant until a potential patient narrows down his or her personal choices.

On this site, Dr. Feller and Dr. Rahal are repeatedly recommended for their attractive pricing, with most of the Coalition Docs falling into the pricing schedule I mentioned above.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

No, there is not really a reason for that. I think it is just common knowledge among us veterans as to the costs. Costs for strip surgery generally run about $4 to $4.50 a graft and usually that is discounted for going over a certain amount. For example, it could drop to 3.50 a graft for over 2000 grafts. Doctors have varying price structures for those types of things. Did you have a particular doctor in mind?

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Hi Rod

Since you are visiting NY you might try Dr. True or Dr. Dorin who did my 3 Ht's and is in the coalition.. All of these docs are top dogs.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

RODFL, I spent just under nine grand for 2100 grafts. Most of the coalition doctors I consulted with were about the same except for Bernstein. He was higher than the rest while Feller was one of the cheapest. You also have to add in the cost of airfare and hotels if you are traveling for your procedure. But please don't make cost the deciding factor. The same thing applies to location. Be willing to travel.

Some clinics have price lists on their websites. Dr Feller and Dr Rahal for example. My HT of 2700 grafts with Dr Feller fell into the 2500+ range and cost $8,750.

I think that the reason price is not often mentioned is that hair transplantation is somewhat unique in that doctor skill is the primary consideration. Price doesn't play as much of a role because by going to a poor doctor who is cheaper the patient is definitely NOT doing themselves a favor.

I sound like an advertisement here, but I really think this is the case. Folks pick their HT doctor based on that doctor's past results & reputation and once they have, paying 3k more or less is the furthest thing from their mind. It's not like they're going to hear the price quote, balk & go to Bosly instead.

Besides, all the top doctors have similar prices anyway. No sense restating them ad nauseum.

rodfl-

The total cost for both my HT's was $15,100..........you can send me a PM for further information if you'd like. icon_smile.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

scooping-

Gorpy comes to mind as having had a couple of HT's from Dr. Keene. You may want to send him a PM!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hi scooping around,

Just saw you asked some questions on financing and price with Dr. Keene.

FYI, Dr. Keene does offer financing through PFS. At times they offer 0% financing for a year. But the interest rate is also dependent on their approval, based on your individual credit. You can even apply online at http://www.p-f-s.com/.

Dr. Keene's surgery prices are reasonable, typically ranging from $4.75 down to $3.75 per graft or maybe a little less, depending on the total number of grafts for the surgery. The more grafts you have in a session, the less the price per graft.

Hope that answers your questions.

Best Wishes,

Hair Technician

I am a hair restoration surgical assistant, and an independent contractor for Dr. Keene

I am a medical assistant and hair transplant surgical assistant employed by Dr. Keene

Dr. Keene is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians