New Hairstyle

Gentlemen/ladies,

I am currently nearing the 7 month mark and ofcourse am starting to have a few more options for hairstles. My question is this:

What is the best way to go about trying out a few different options?

Keep in mind:

1.I am a professional that deals with a lot of people daily and have an office staff of all woman whom will likely tease the shit out of me. icon_smile.gif

2.I am 40

3.My wife has cut my hair due to fear of going to the stylist and them cutting too short to reveal scar.

4.I have had the same lame ass hairdo for years that was strategically planned to hide old work. It was parted and then combed back in front.

5.I want something easy that I can do quickly myself.

6.I still have thin crown and don't want to look like balding guy trying to pull off style that I have no right attempting.

Thanks for help.

P.S. Janna--I know your response, "Get another 3000fu and it will be simple." Likely I will. icon_smile.gif

Here is link to my situation:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=151417

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Gentlemen/ladies,

I am currently nearing the 7 month mark and ofcourse am starting to have a few more options for hairstles. My question is this:

What is the best way to go about trying out a few different options?

Keep in mind:

1.I am a professional that deals with a lot of people daily and have an office staff of all woman whom will likely tease the shit out of me. icon_smile.gif

2.I am 40

3.My wife has cut my hair due to fear of going to the stylist and them cutting too short to reveal scar.

4.I have had the same lame ass hairdo for years that was strategically planned to hide old work. It was parted and then combed back in front.

5.I want something easy that I can do quickly myself.

6.I still have thin crown and don't want to look like balding guy trying to pull off style that I have no right attempting.

Thanks for help.

P.S. Janna--I know your response, "Get another 3000fu and it will be simple." Likely I will. icon_smile.gif

Here is link to my situation:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=151417

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

hi nn,

still like that messed up look.

what about buzzing with the largest head you can and just leaving it all forward?not much of a style i know,but easy to do yourself,neat and should keep your scar outta sight if you go down gradually.

this is what im doing at the moment.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

NN,

It will probably be difficult to give you advice on styling your hair as you will have to play with it to see 1) what looks best on you 2) what style gives you the greatest illusion of density

Personally, I think your pictures lok good with your hair styled back with the front sticking up a bit. It's stylish and with the sides and back a little longer, it doesn't make it look like you are trying to look too young icon_wink.gif.

It might be fun if you play with various hair styles and post them for opinions. I think forum member Bushy did this once.

Bill

"P.S. Janna--I know your response, "Get another 3000fu and it will be simple." Likely I will." -- quote by NN

Haha, you're wrong!! Another 3000 may be in your future, but it doesn't solve your dilema of a new look for another year and a half. icon_razz.gif

Personally, the style you should try is a little shorter than the rock star messed up look. Then you can style it as messed up or gel your hair forward in somewhat messy way. You can also have the option to comb your hair forward and spike up the front tip. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense. Actually, I think you should go to a professional stylist and have them give you a proper cut and they'll be able to give you their opinion first of the best look. Tell them you want to keep the back about a half an inch to an inch in length. It should be plenty long to cover the donor scar. As far as the girls in your office, I'm sure they'll love a new look on you.

My dream of seeing the faux hawk on you will have to wait until you get the second procedure and by then the style will probably be passe'.

It looks good on Ronaldo, but then any style would look good on him.

p1_ronaldo_0601.jpg.cfb4886c41653e13c050e1655c8924be.jpg

Go to a professional salon and do some research on the net.. You can find plenty of new styles.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

NN,

Buzz that stuff down to a 1 guard - if you lose clients, and the girls stop teasing you and talk behind your back instead, then try another style. icon_wink.gif

I like your messed up look. Even if the crown is a little thin.

You could slick it straight back and that would cover the crown better.

I like a look where thier is not a defined part, sort of a windblown look. Something easy, no hair products. Sort of a towel dry and go look. My goal is to be able to pull that one off! May have to keep it shorter for that.

NoBuzz

My dream of seeing the faux hawk on you will have to wait until you get the second procedure and by then the style will probably be passe'.

Janna, just knowing I'm in your dreams has made my weekend. icon_smile.gif

Thanks all for the advise. I guess my wife and I talked and we concluded to go to a professional stylist is best. I will just have to get over my paranoia and tell her that I had a HT and to not go too short on the back, but to hook me up with the latest manwhore look.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hmmm...I like pic 6 in your album, with the (hypothetical) modefication of cutting it just "a hair" closer, and then giving it just a little but more of a lift in the front with a tad of putty or w/e.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Janna, just knowing I'm in your dreams has made my weekend.

EeeA'ZieE---cheEZiE!!!

Ovaries on the Balding Blog

--- I know it's too much to handle, huh? ! icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

I would chop that mop down a tad,

and throw some styling putty/wax in it to texturise it up!

Better yet, stop having the wife cut it

and next time you go to a salon (ala Jobis)

have them texturise the tips w/a razor.

That will give it a nice lay and look 'fesh'...

Either way GREAT improvement Nelly!

Are you going to go in for #2?

still nervous?

NN I personally thought about going to a stylist to get a new cut and maybe some highlights in my hair, then remembered from experience how I and stories of countless men and women always get a stranger telling them what looks good on them and how disappointing it turns out. It's really an individual thing, and I think messing around with your hair on your own is a better bet and eventually it will click for you like it did for me.

Janna, just knowing I'm in your dreams has made my weekend. icon_smile.gif AAWWW - YOU'RE TOO CUTE!

but to hook me up with the latest manwhore look.

- YOU HAD ME IN STITCHES.