2 month Review of Revita Shampoo

MrJobi

I heard about the new "Hair stimulating" Shampoo Revita about 3 months ago. After, doing some research on the net, I decided to try it due to the fact it contained many "claimed" anti-DHT ingredients some of which have some evidence to combat hairloss & speed growth (Ketoconazole, MSM, Caffine). My reasoning is: If they put them all together perhaps there will be a marginal impact? Previously, I had used Nizoral which was highly regarding ( Ketoconazole) however, it was quite harsh & dried out my hair.

Upon receiving it, I was quite impressed with the packaging. Very sleek and cool which may account for the high price of the product. With that being said it is right in line with similar products such as Nioxin. The shampoo is orange with a pleasant fragrance and lathers to a nice thick foam. The directions require you use it twice in one shower, first allowing to sit on the hair for 1-2 minutes and then repeating with a 3-5 minute lathering while massaging into the scalp. I do so most of the time

The final verdict. Revita is a very good shampoo leaving the hair soft and very managable in addition to added diameter. After 2 months of use, I have noticed my hair appearing to grow faster than normal ( maybe a couple little hairs sprouting but I'm skeptical). Just to test I went back to my old shampoo for a day, and I was not happy as I prefer Revita now..

All in all, the shampoo is a high quality product and has some cosmetic benefits for thinning hair. Regarding hairloss, it certainly has "everything but the kitchen sink" ncluding a host of the most popular hairloss treatments such as:

Ketoconazole

MSM

Caffine

Emu oil

Biotin

Copper peptides

Taurine

And many more. Whether they actually inhibit DHT, I will leave that to the scentists & the consumer (plenty of info on the net to draw your own conclusion). There is an excellent scientific explanation of the product and its benefits in the box. If you are spending a bit of money on shampoos, give it a try and see what what you think. I am very satisfied & will purchase again

To be clear, the shampoo will not "regrow hair" so don't expect it to. However, it makes a nice compliment to my current hairloss regimine & may assist incresing hair count as some studies have indicated.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I heard about the new "Hair stimulating" Shampoo Revita about 3 months ago. After, doing some research on the net, I decided to try it due to the fact it contained many "claimed" anti-DHT ingredients some of which have some evidence to combat hairloss & speed growth (Ketoconazole, MSM, Caffine). My reasoning is: If they put them all together perhaps there will be a marginal impact? Previously, I had used Nizoral which was highly regarding ( Ketoconazole) however, it was quite harsh & dried out my hair.

Upon receiving it, I was quite impressed with the packaging. Very sleek and cool which may account for the high price of the product. With that being said it is right in line with similar products such as Nioxin. The shampoo is orange with a pleasant fragrance and lathers to a nice thick foam. The directions require you use it twice in one shower, first allowing to sit on the hair for 1-2 minutes and then repeating with a 3-5 minute lathering while massaging into the scalp. I do so most of the time

The final verdict. Revita is a very good shampoo leaving the hair soft and very managable in addition to added diameter. After 2 months of use, I have noticed my hair appearing to grow faster than normal ( maybe a couple little hairs sprouting but I'm skeptical). Just to test I went back to my old shampoo for a day, and I was not happy as I prefer Revita now..

All in all, the shampoo is a high quality product and has some cosmetic benefits for thinning hair. Regarding hairloss, it certainly has "everything but the kitchen sink" ncluding a host of the most popular hairloss treatments such as:

Ketoconazole

MSM

Caffine

Emu oil

Biotin

Copper peptides

Taurine

And many more. Whether they actually inhibit DHT, I will leave that to the scentists & the consumer (plenty of info on the net to draw your own conclusion). There is an excellent scientific explanation of the product and its benefits in the box. If you are spending a bit of money on shampoos, give it a try and see what what you think. I am very satisfied & will purchase again

To be clear, the shampoo will not "regrow hair" so don't expect it to. However, it makes a nice compliment to my current hairloss regimine & may assist incresing hair count as some studies have indicated.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Mrjb,

Nice personal review of Revita shampoo.

I bought the product (2 bottles) and this is my second day of using it.

Overall I'd say that the shampoo makes my hair feel soft and has a nice volumizing effect.

As to it's claims, I agree that there is scientific evidence that suggests efficacy for hair loss but currently not much in the way of public evidence.

I will give the product 6 months to see if I like it and/or if it does anything for me experientially - other than make my hair feel nice.

Keep us posted on those little sprouting hairs. Perhaps some miniaturized hairs are growing after all....but I guess only time will tell.

Bill

Mrjb glad you liked Revita its top notch, I only use Rev & Niz-1% as my shampoo's nothing else (I do use conditioner after washing even some times w/revita). Every now and again the scientist in me convinces my self to add extra pure emu in both niz and revita... but I find that takes away from the amazing lather that revita has stock. So my next bottle I will use w/only the emu added from the factory. Anyway I thought you would like it more then nizoral.

Cheers

Bay

Hey B

Do a search online and you can see who is the best.. There are a couple including Ebay

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Jobi,

Thanks for the detailed update on this shampoo, it seems like it has all the ingredients to help battle hairloss and if it leaves your hair feeling better that is a bonus. Nizoral has always been dry to the scalp and hair IMO.

I am interested in giving it a try - BUT we better not find out you are a major stockholder in this company LOL! icon_wink.gif

NoBuzz

Haha

Not yet i'm not but if these little sprouting hairs contiune to develop I will be !

I'll let everyone know right after I buy my first 1000 shares

icon_smile.gif

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Mrjb:

The directions require you use it twice in one shower, first allowing to sit on the hair for 1-2 minutes and then repeating with a 3-5 minute lathering while massaging into the scalp.

MrJB,

How many times a week do u use it??

(i.e. if Revita should be used 3x a week, should i still use my other shampoo- pantene full n thick- on the other days??)

HT2 - March, 2013. 2933 grafts.

HT1 - June, 2006. 800 grafts.

• 1 month later...

I've used Revita shampoo for almost 3 weeks now, The shampoo works really great for me, but there is one problem that I have experienced..I'm having a hard time of sleeping at night...I take a bath before I went to bed but I noticed everytime I used it I don't feel sleepy..Maybe because some of the ingredients which is coffeine are added...I'm not so sure..Any idea or experiences about this guys?

Bayscholar (or others):

I am intrigued by your use of emu oil with existing shampoos. Would you be willing to elaborate? Do you add a capful of shampoo with a capful of pure emu oil?

If you have had a HT procedure, is it safe to use emu oil on the scalp (I worry about how its intense anti-inflammatory effects as well as its absorption levels may possibly affect the follicles)?

I hadn't heard of Revita, so I am really eager to buy some now. Thanks for the info, Mrjb.

Mrjb,

Thanks for your input. If you don't mind me asking how much did it cost and where can I pick some of this shampoo up? For thin/fine hair like mine any added volume in hair shaft diameter would be great... Thanks

You only live once...

No problem

It really is a good moisturizing shampoo with some interesting ingredients.. I wouldn't bet on growing a full head of hair from it

haha

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm still using it and loving it. i still havent found a better one to use.

My treatment is just Propecia and Revita (of course 3 HT's as well)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 3 years later...

ive been using propecia for 3 and a half months my hair looks as if its getting thicker also ive been using revita shampoo for about 3 weeks and I have to give it credit hair feels and looks thicker I just wanted to let people know there are things out there that definitely work

• 2 weeks later...

revita warns of shedding so if you use a hairloss product that works you should expect to shed the weakened hair in order for the follicle to generate stronger hair. propecia minoxidil revita etc you just have to ride it out for a while. all these medications tell you to expect shedding so don't act surprised when you do thse hairs would have shed anyway