Dissolvable Sutures?

Anyone ever had these. I read where my doc, Cooley, uses these so they'll just dissolve.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Anyone ever had these. I read where my doc, Cooley, uses these so they'll just dissolve.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by Bill:

Dewayne,

I have never had them however, I know physicians that use them with great success.

What specific questions do you have about them?

Bill

I like the idea of not having to go back, or to a local clinic, to get them removed. However, I wonder if the dissolvable sutures might make it easier to stretch the scar, or perhaps get a tear from less streneous activity? Do they heal at the same rate? etc...

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Hey Dewayne I have the dissolvable suctures and I am 40 days post-op. My wife says that they have been falling out. Its so hard to see the back of your head man. I just cant see it for myself. Dewayne Its funny that you posted this question because I was going to ask the same on a new thread. So lets just jump the bandwagon. I would also like to know since the dissolvable suctures are in your head longer than staples will this cause stretching and whats the healing process like. I cant tell because its only 40 days.I believe my doc said it could take up to 3 months for the suctures to dissole. Does that sound right? My wife says mine are almost all gone now.

Sometimes patients do not absorb the sutures all the way. This can cause inflamation and infections. If you get dissolvables put in by a long distance doctor you can have them removed 2 weeks later by another doc.

Dewayne

some docs used both staples and dissolvable sutures, the dissolvable sutures will be in the donor area under the meaty part and staples to hold the donor skin together. i think im explaining it wrong, but something like that.

How are you guys?

I had a HT with Dr Knudsen in Australia and i think he uses dissolving stitches on all his patients including me.

I am now exactly 3 months post op and everyhting is fine. The scar healed up nicely and theres no ridge or bumpiness on the scar,just a red line now.

For me, the stitches dissolved completely in about 3-4 weeks at the very most.

I can actually feel the stitches because the scabs on the scar does not heal over the stitches and whey they dissolve they are usually attached to the scab when you wash them out.

I should not have done this, but on a few occasions i picked at the scab after 2 weeks to remove them and the stitches were stuck to it.

Luckily for me it healed up nicely, but i do not recommend people to be impatient and pick out the scabs even if you use dissolving stitches and you want to remove them.

Just let them dissolve and come out itself with the scabs when you wash your head.

Jojo

Hi Bill,

i have been updating with everyone of my progress on the album section, but i havent done anything for about the last month or so because there has only been little growth, but the good news is that alot more new hair are coming through.

Will keep everyone posted when i see more results.

As for Goldstar , how u doing?

Sorry i didnt make it clear for you.

When i menat a ridge or bumpiness, i didnt relate it straight to the sutures.

What i meant was that Dr Knudsen did a good job with the scar on the donor area and it is thin and not like those big hideous scars that you see patients with from bad HT doctors that leaves them them a big wide scar.

That is what i meant. Sorry that i confused or scared you.

Jojo