Noglare - Seattle, WA

Good, clean work, Noglare. Did Master Wong take it all the way back to the crown? Should turn out nicely!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just flat awesome for only 11 weeks. I'm very jealous (in the good way icon_smile.gif ). Took me a good 5 months before that kind of cosmetic difference.

Happy Growing!

Toad

Originally a Norwood 3 -- Now?

1/4 proscar daily started 9/01/2005

1791 FUs - Dr. Lehr - Dec. 2006.

1300 FUs - Dr. Brad Limmer - Jan. 2009.

14 weeks and I feel like a gorilla or something - the hair is growing fast!

You know the best part of it is that I used to rub my head (before ht) and hairs would fall on the table / in the sink. That really made me feel lousy! I rub my head now and NOTHING comes out! Wow, it's here to stay!

I am taking proscar per Dr. Wong's instructions.

• 2 weeks later...

Noglare (how applicable!!)-

Early grower...looks fabulous. You have a ton more growing ahead to look forward to.

I started taking Propecia beginning April and switched to generic Proscar beginning in July and have seen some thickening. When friends (ones that are bald or balding) mention they see a change, I believe them. Do you attribute some of your change (maybe thickness of the hair) to finasteride? I know an additional 4300 hairs in a balding area will make a big difference, but was interested in what you felt about the drug effects.

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Well - I don't know maybe. I have taken it religously as prescribed (every 2 days) since the procedure and it is coming in fast. But then, the hair on the back of my head has always been stout - so... 50/50 I guess. I will definately stick with the program though.

• 3 weeks later...

Things look like they are progressing well for you. Only going to get better from here on in. Dr. Wong has done some great looking work once again.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

• 1 month later...

Added 22-week photos. I am pleased and I like looking in the mirror now. My hair used to be very straight on the top (when I used to have it). The transplanted hair from the back (now on top) has a lot of body in it and stays combed rather than falling forward. A nice change.

Things are coming along very nicely. There is one hell of a difference so far and things will only get better.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

• 1 month later...

notgoing2gobald:

1. In some ways yes. My hair has always been straight, but the transplanted hair from the back is stout and has body (no curl though). It was(is) thick stuff back there in my case. Dr. Wong angled the hairs forward and I comb to the side. My old top hair wouldn't stay combed to the side - it would fall back forward - the transplanted hair stays combed to the side. I would even call it wirey. Maybe somebody has an explanation for this.

2. I had a #3 buzz cut for the first 3 months as things evened out - you couldn't see the scar...