I'd like some personal advice on answering questions regarding my HT

I recently had a HT in Canada. I told a person in my family I was going to Canada but never said why since I want to keep my HT private. Now this family member has asked me why I was going to Canada and if I knew somebody there. I answered yes about knowing somebody there. Even though technically you could say I knew the HT people there it was obviously not a 100% honest response. I have a huge conscious. I hate the thought that I was not honest in my response about why I was going and if I knew somebody there. What should I do? Should I just let it go and not bring it up again or should I "confess" that I went for a HT even though I really dont think it is anyone's business and would like to keep my privacy?

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

I recently had a HT in Canada. I told a person in my family I was going to Canada but never said why since I want to keep my HT private. Now this family member has asked me why I was going to Canada and if I knew somebody there. I answered yes about knowing somebody there. Even though technically you could say I knew the HT people there it was obviously not a 100% honest response. I have a huge conscious. I hate the thought that I was not honest in my response about why I was going and if I knew somebody there. What should I do? Should I just let it go and not bring it up again or should I "confess" that I went for a HT even though I really dont think it is anyone's business and would like to keep my privacy?

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Ultimately, weigh the worth of what you perceive the toll will be on your "conscience", as opposed to how you would feel about divulging to this person about your HT.

It sounds to me like you took a very defensible, and reasonable, reaction to someone inquiring into your personal life, in what happened to be a sensitive subject not meant for public consumption.

Pure "honesty" is often irrespective of "right" and "wrong". I truly don't believe you did anything wrong here, and see no reason to dig yourself a hole when there really is no need, IMO.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thank you so much for your reply. That really made me feel better. I know it may sound silly to some people but my conscious is so big that I feel guilty over the smallest of things. I'm going to try to just let it go. If all goes as well as hoped with my HT maybe I will just tell that person the actual story in 12 months from now. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Hahaha, indeed -- 12 months from now you can buy the person a beer and fill them in! icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

It is a personal decision and one that should only be shared if you choose so. You didnt lie by saying you are going to Canada to see people you know (as in doctors). By ommitting is not lying. If asked directly about HT, then you have a decision to make. Dont worry about the small stuff. If it is not family, then it isnt anybody's business.

wantego,

Who you tell and don't tell about your hair transplant is totally up to you and you shouldn't be ashamed for not divulging the whole truth about your transplant. After all, this is personal, and you most people don't want the whole world to know about it. There are simply things that we just don't want to tell other people, and this may be one of them for you.

Good luck on your upcoming hair transplant surgery icon_smile.gif

Best wishes,

Bill

Your conscience might be huge, but I'm sure far worse/harmful lies have been told. I wouldn't sweat it: if you're not comfortable with people knowing you had an HT then let it go. But how will you handle the inquiries when those 4k grafts give you a new mop?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

wantego

i made a decision prior to having my HT to share it with only those who needed to know. it was a very short list.

as i live in canada but own a company in houston i told everyone else i had to go to the US for a month or so, that included family members. i fully expected at least a 6-8 mos wait before i'd be addressing my new mop with people but i've been fortunate in having some pretty nice growth by month 4-5. here's the interesting thing-almost every person in the past 6 weeks has A) either said nice haircut, did you lose weight, blah blah or B) said nothing.

The moral is : Most people are too busy with their own lives to care about yours, family members will probably say 'wow' and you will not be damned for eternity for keeping it private icon_smile.gif Grow well and look forward to having the terrible problem of explaining your new hair to people in a few months but don't be surprised if you don't need to.

My Hair Loss Weblog

Thanks for all the great replies. They have made me feel much better. Let me answer some questions posted.

1) It was a close family member that asked why I was going to Canada and asked if I knew somebody in Canada. It is a person I care about so that is why I felt guilty in misleading him in any way.

2) I do want to keep my HT private because I feel once 1 person knows than plenty of other people could find out as well. That is just the nature of disclosing anything. I want to keep my HT private while I'm going through the 6-12 month growing process. If the HT works well I will not have a problem saying what I did after the growing process is finished. In fact I will be happy to explain it then. icon_smile.gif

By the way I just registered for this board yesterday and I'm really glad I did. I have read some really great threads here and I see some familiar names as well. Thanks for taking the time to help me. I feel much less guilty now. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

welcome to the forum wantego. you'll find far less armani versus.... threads herethan at hlh which is nice!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks for the welcome Hair. I like what I have seen here so far. I'm reading a bunch of threads just to catch myself up a bit and get to know some of the posters names. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by wantego:

Should I just let it go and not bring it up again or should I "confess" that I went for a HT even though I really dont think it is anyone's business and would like to keep my privacy?

Confess and your death will be swift, deny and you must be purified through pain.

Do you confess?

-Braveheart

• Moderators

This problem is easily solved.

Agio says he lives in Canada.

Wantego, meet Agio.

Agio, meet Wantego.

There you go. Now you know someone in Canada. You can feel better about yourself now.

Seriously though, it's not anyone's business what you do in your personal life as long as you aren't hurting anyone doing it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Originally posted by BeHappy:

This problem is easily solved.

Agio says he lives in Canada.

Wantego, meet Agio.

Agio, meet Wantego.

There you go. Now you know someone in Canada. You can feel better about yourself now.

Seriously though, it's not anyone's business what you do in your personal life as long as you aren't hurting anyone doing it.

Good point! I now know Agio! icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs