PA Doctors Recommedation Dr. Katz and Dr. Donald R. D'Annunzio

Hi Everyone! I'm new to this site. Also I should mention I am 25 years old and my hair in the front has begun to thin out. Right now I can hide it with a comb over which is great until the wind blows. DAMN WIND! Then all is revealed for the world to see. I'm interested in getting a hair transplant to even up my hair line.

I've been doing some research on different doctors. I've talked to Bosley and they seem very polished when it comes to the marketing. (They called me today offering a free consultation in Philly exactly one week after I received their sales kit complete with DVD) I've read other posts on this site and I know enough to stay away from the "Chain Hair Transplant companies"

I figure if you're really good at what you do you don't need to convince people to come to your practice because your reputation will keep your office busy....Anyway that being said...

Has anyone (And I've searched the forums first)been a patient of Theodore T. Katz, MD of Washington Crossing, PA?

I've read good reviews and he's recommended by the "International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery" website and "The Hairplant Transplant Network" website

Also there is a doctor just down the road from me. Donald R. D'Annunzio, MD of Camp Hill

Has anyone heard of him? Or been a patient of his? I'm more incline to go with Dr. Katz who seems to do Hair Transplants full time.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Everyone! I'm new to this site. Also I should mention I am 25 years old and my hair in the front has begun to thin out. Right now I can hide it with a comb over which is great until the wind blows. DAMN WIND! Then all is revealed for the world to see. I'm interested in getting a hair transplant to even up my hair line.

I've been doing some research on different doctors. I've talked to Bosley and they seem very polished when it comes to the marketing. (They called me today offering a free consultation in Philly exactly one week after I received their sales kit complete with DVD) I've read other posts on this site and I know enough to stay away from the "Chain Hair Transplant companies"

I figure if you're really good at what you do you don't need to convince people to come to your practice because your reputation will keep your office busy....Anyway that being said...

Has anyone (And I've searched the forums first)been a patient of Theodore T. Katz, MD of Washington Crossing, PA?

I've read good reviews and he's recommended by the "International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery" website and "The Hairplant Transplant Network" website

Also there is a doctor just down the road from me. Donald R. D'Annunzio, MD of Camp Hill

Has anyone heard of him? Or been a patient of his? I'm more incline to go with Dr. Katz who seems to do Hair Transplants full time.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I live in PA...and im pretty sure that that is the Dr katz that i consulted with...seemed pretty good, but if I remember, he only does sessions up tp 1000-1500 graphs...so it depends on how advanced your hairloss is...and dont let geography play a role...

My friend you are lucky you found this website. To start off rule out any idea of going to Bosley or any other 'hairmill'. Secondly get on the meds, you should at a minimum be on Propecia to maintain and strengthen what you already have!

Then you can start thinking about a HT. Research this forum thoroughly and make sure your comfortable with the proven results of a doctor before booking your HT. To find out feedback about a particular doctor enter the doctors name in the find tool. Also don't let geography or price be a factor, you only have 1 head and limited amount of donor hair you want them both to be in the best hands possible. A HT is something that you will have to live with for the rest of your life so make sure you get a good one.

Good Luck!

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

LandofNid,

Glad you found this site in time to be rescued from the anguish and pain you may have been caused by Bosley. Are you doing anything for loss prevention? If not I'd recommend Propecia and a good haircare regimen. Use the Find feature on this site to research the wealth of information here.

For personal reference on Dr. Katz, you many want to send a private message to a user by the name of "Bill". This link should take you to his profile where you can send him a PM. He had his first HT with Dr. Katz.

Additionally, you many want to research the Coalition Surgeons recommended by this site...........they're the best of the best. Don't let your location limit who you choose. I took at 4 1/2 hour flight to Hasson and Wong in Vancouver, BC, for HT #2 and would do it again in a heartbeat. Determine what exactly you're looking to achieve with your HT, then select the Doc that can best help you attain your goals.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

well said guys.

landofnid... Dr. Katz is recommended here, so it wouldn't hurt to talk to him. In addition, since your actually close to Jersey why not just cross the border and talk to a couple of the best there, also. I think Dr. Bernstein and DR.'s True and Dorin are located there.

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

Wow! What a great website. You've all been so very helpful.

I definitely at the very least will meet with Dr. Katz. I will look into Propecia. I've read that it stops hair loss and sometimes regrows hair. Is that true though? Does it really work? How do I go about getting a prescription. Talk to my regular doctor?

Hi Lando

I went with Dr. True for my 2 surgeries with great results. 1417 & 1476 with T closure method 5 months ago.. I'm extremely pleased and looking forward to 6 more months of growth..

Good luck , there are many good docs in NY

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

D'Annunzio? who is? I know Gabriele D'Annunzio, great poet .....

• 4 months later...

Again...just finding these posts from June. LandofNid...if you want any information on Dr. Katz, I'll be happy to help you. Just PM me. I'm glad you found my link with pictures posted helpful. Ultimately, I'd say definitely consider Dr. Katz is you only need a smaller session up to 1600 grafts. If you need a larger session, you might want to consider going to a doctor on the coalition that does larger sessions and dense packing. Feel free to post any pictures if you would like feedback from anyone. Also, always consult with a few doctors and feel free to ask any questions here about any of the consults.

Bill

I don't know dr katz, but if he is doing a true follicular unit transplant, and not breaking down the 3 and 4 haired grafts to make alot of 1's and 2s, then his 1500 gratf case is probably equal to a 2000+ case in terms of total hair that was moved.

• 5 years later...

Does anyone else have experience with Dr. Miller in Hershey? I go to Penn State main campus and was referred to him recently.

I was able to get a brief cost calculation from him via email, which is approx. $4-5. I find that to be an extremely fair price, which is why I'd like to know more in case the results aren't as good as they claim. He did study at U Penn though, which gives a lot more credit to his name in Dermatology.