Hairline height???

Hi, it's johnno here!!

You lot should think yourselves lucky as I have had 1500 grafts transplanted from 2 surgeries and have a 9cm hairline to put up with for another 2 years. I guess it suits me but I don't like it and will get it lowered in 2 years time, if I got enough donor hair ?

I could thicken up the centre and crown then brush it forward!!

How many grafts would it take to lower the hairline by 2cm ?

johnno

johnno-

Depends on how wide of an area? Since you'll want it pretty dense in the hairline I'd shoot for 50 grafts per sq cm at the least. If you have a 2cm x 20cm area to cover, thats 40 sq cm. To get 50 grafts per sq cm you would then need 2000 grafts. If you need temple work, you'll need to add a little more.

Hope this makes sense.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hi guys just did a measurement and my hairline is 7.5 cm, I went with the higher hairline as I am 51 and didn`t want the hairline of a 25 yr old at this stage of the game..Hell I am just so happy to have a hairline period after 15 yrs of not having one icon_biggrin.gif Cheers

I am 51 also. My hairline was brought down to 5.5 cm. At that distance it is still far from a 25 year old's hairlne. It just depends on your level of hair loss and how much donar you have to spare.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

• 6 years later...

Mine is at 7.5 cm. The problem I have with mine is I have a broad forehead, and right now instead of lowering my hair line, I want to shrink the length horizontally. Any suggestions for that ?

Mine is at 7.5 cm. The problem I have with mine is I have a broad forehead, and right now instead of lowering my hair line, I want to shrink the length horizontally. Any suggestions for that ?

Having your temporal peaks would make a big difference.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I wonder if body hair would work to cover the temple peaks. Dr Radha wanted to transplant there, but when I only got 2600 grafts she said your donor hair needs to be used to cover up your broad forehead. The top of my head is 124 cm squared in circumference. :(

I wonder if body hair would work to cover the temple peaks. Dr Radha wanted to transplant there, but when I only got 2600 grafts she said your donor hair needs to be used to cover up your broad forehead. The top of my head is 124 cm squared in circumference. :(

I think it depends on the body hair. My body hair on my chest, arms, and legs would be perfect because it is fairly fine in caliber and straight. Nape hair may also work. I don't think beard hair would be a wise choice as the caliber is too great.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Measured my proportions:

"Hairline"

-

- 7cm

-

Eyebrows

-

- 7cm

-

Nose

-

- 6.5cm

-

Chin

Juvenile hairline looks like it was 5cm

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 8 months later...

Possibly the measurement could be considered above the juvenile placement of the individual. Any hairline that commences at the frontallis point where most juvenile hairlines commence are too low.

Also consideration to the facial attributes as well as the symmetrical differences between individuals would be wise. For example those with higher foreheads and lower placed hairlines would not appear natural IMHO.

Consideration to age is also an important factor.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Possibly the measurement could be considered above the juvenile placement of the individual. Any hairline that commences at the frontallis point where most juvenile hairlines commence are too low.

Also consideration to the facial attributes as well as the symmetrical differences between individuals would be wise. For example those with higher foreheads and lower placed hairlines would not appear natural IMHO.

Consideration to age is also an important factor.

Very good point! Some people have big foreheads and the hairline should be higher. Some have short foreheads and their head goes flat. Facial shape has a lot to do with it.

View Spanker's Website

My hairlines just under 7CM's. Hair transplant greed tells me that I should lower it more as this would make me happy. However Dr's not too keen and on a rational level I only have 2000 grafts left (FUE) In addition I do have a naturally high / broad forehead and I have already transplanted near the frontallis muscle.

The temporal peeks is a good area to focus on, ill be having them touched up later this year...

That's very wise on your part Nick because as we already know, the temporal lobe regions do and will continue to recede. The limited available scalp donor must be planned to address further loss of the entire frontal zone including consideration of the temporal lobes...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY