Dr. Paul Shapiro and Coalition Membership

• Administrators

As many of you know, Dr. Ron Shapiro has been training his brother Paul Shapiro, M.D. full time over the past few years at his clinic in Minnesota.

Paul has been very fortunate to receive perhaps the most intensive and advanced hair transplantation training in the world under the guidance of his world renowned brother Ron Shapiro, MD. He also benefits from working with one of the world's best staff as well.

About a year ago Dr. Ron Shapiro felt that Paul had attained the skill and knowledge to perform his own surgeries at the Shapiro Medical Group on his own. Since then Paul has been very busy performing numerous ultra refined follicular unit transplantations with excellent results, some of which have been posted by patients on this forum.

Dr. Paul Shapiro's perfectionism and commitment to performing work as refined and natural as his brother Ron has earned him the trust and respect of the entire staff. His brother Ron has expressed his belief that Paul has a natural talent for hair transplantation and has worked hard over the past few years to earn a world class standing. Dr. Paul Shapiro has also earned considerable praise from his patients.

I have had the opportunity to see Dr. Paul Shapiro performing surgery and his technique and level of refinement looked very similar to his brother Ron's. He also has the huge advantage of having a very experienced first rate staff helping him perform his surgeries.

I also had the opportunity to view many of Dr. Paul Shapiro's before and after photos, including immediate post op photos. In my opinion, his results are ultra refined, natural and show excellent growth and density.

Dr. Paul Shapiro has attended the last four annual meetings of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) and is an active member who has published several articles on advanced hair transplantation. He is board certified by the American Board of Family Physicians and he is a Diplomate of the American Academy of Pain Management.

Dr. Ron Shapiro assures me that he is confident that his brother Paul has achieved both the level of skill and experience to deserve membership in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I agree and believe that it is time for Dr. Paul Shapiro to be granted membership in the Coalition.

I welcome any comments or feedback.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Pat,

I think that admitting Dr. Paul Shapiro into the coalition is well justified. Without reiterating everything that you already stated, I think that he has earned that distinction. We have seen unsolicited pictures from satisfied patients, we have seen and heard his contributions and insight on this forum, and he is still currently working with argueably the best HT surgeon and staff in the world. I like the fact that you did mention the staff as we sometimes overlook the importance. Without beiing too wordy he would get my vote. icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Pat and NN, While I am a fan of the SMG, having had a procedure performed by Dr Rose in '02, I'm slightly hesitant to give Dr Paul Shapiro the thumbs up just yet. I had my third procedure performed by Dr Paul Shapiro on October 30, 2006. The surgery provided @1500 grafts to my crown...a thickening up procedure if you will. While the procedure itself was wonderful, from the first shot to the last graft, I've had some minor concerns afterwards. Aside from some shock loss at the donor site, the tissue was red and painful for sometime afterwards. In addition, I know Dr. Ron uses the tricho closure with staples but Paul chose sutures and I'm not certain the tricho closure was used. I'm waiting to hear from Matt Zupan to see if that kind of information is noted in my file. I've posted my concerns about these issues on this forum and it seems that many people are NOT familiar with Dr Paul's work just yet. I'm going to wait six months before I give him my vote of confidence. Simply because one brother is a top notch HT surgeon doesn't mean the other is too. If sibling skills were that evenly distributed to all of us, I'd be a Major League Baseball Player.

Guest Cousin_It

Pat...

Thank you for asking us about our opinion of Dr.Paul Shapiro.

I checked his brother's website but unfortunately did not find any work attributed to him. I checked this website but only found a small amount of information and patient photos of his work. Unfortunately between the two I was not really able to form an opinion.

It appears from the information you have provided that he has the credentials. Also being trained by his brother certainly is in his favor. I am sure that Dr. Ron Shapiro would not make such a recommendation of his brothers ability lightly, for by doing so it would reflect on his credibility.

Unfortunately at this time I could not favor a positive recommendation of his abilities solely on the fact there is not enough information available to make such a determination. I would suggest that we certainly keep an eye on his work and at some time in the future when a sufficient history of his work has been compiled, we again consider his membership.

I am confident that in time he will join our ranks as a valued member.

• Administrators

Thanks for sharing your concerns. It's also good to get feedback from an actual patient.

I agree that from a patient's point of view it is too early to judge the results of a surgery until 6 to 12 months later. Most patient's experience some degree of soreness and numbness in both the donor and recipient areas. So it's hard to determine if your post op experience is par for the course or not. I'd like to hear more if you have more details.

It would also be great to hear from other patients of his who would like to share their experiences, especially if their hair is now grown in.

I've also emailed Dr. Paul Shapiro and asked him to create a photo album showing some of his patient results. Based on the photos that I saw at their office, I believe that when forum members see these results they will be much more confident in Dr. Paul Shapiro's abilities.

It may take a few days to get these photos gathered together an online.

I welcome all input.

Thanks again, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Hey Guys,

I think by now everyone knows how highly I regard Dr. Ron Shapiro. I think for someone who lectures, teaches, gives seminars, writes, and performs surgery at the highest level, he is pretty easy going, straightforward guy. I have spoken on the phone with him about about innumerous topics, and the suject of his brother has come up several times.

Leaving that for a moment.....

What we have to understand is this....

1. Dr. Paul has only learned the latest state of the art techniques from Ron. There has not been a "learning curve" because he started out doing ONLY ultra refined follicular unit grafting.

On top of that, Ron stands behind EVERY HT that is done at SMG, regardless of whether or not Paul or Ron himself performs the HT.

2. I completely understand the skepticism that comes with a new Doc on the block. I also understand that Dr. Shapiro really needs to update the website to show some new patients and patients of Dr. Paul's.

With all of this said, I would personally allow Dr. Paul to perform my HT, having NEVER met him, other than a quick hello, once.

That is how much trust and admiration I have for Ron.

I will certainly revisit this topic when I see Dr. Shapiro on Jan 3rd. I think it is important and I think we are robbing ourselves of a top-notch HT surgeon, should we not allow Dr. Paul into the Coalition.

I hope to have more information to share based on my conversations with Dr Ron and Matt Zupan.

I will also see if they have more patient before and afters to share with us, in order to put our membership at ease.

My vote is firmly Yes on Dr. Paul, but because I am such a fan of Dr. Ron's, I want to assure everyone that if I felt for a moment that Dr Paul was not worthy, I would certainly not recommend him and state why.

As always, I have only 1 vote, so I bow to the consenus of our membership.

Tom R--- the Trico closure has been shown to lose its efficacy after each successive surgery, producing consistant results on virgin scalps. Perhaps that is why Dr. Paul chose to use a standard closure for you and used sutures as opposed to staples. If you would like and you OK it, I would welcome the chance to speak directly with Matt Z, Ron or Paul about your situation and find out exactly what the reasoning behind his approach is?

Please let me know, and perhaps an email to Matt Z so he feels comfortable speaking with me about you would be in order of you agree.

Later guys!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hey B, Thanks for the offer but I am well aware that Dr's Ron & Paul, Matt Zupan and all the rest of the staff at SMG are there for ALL of their patients. As a matter of fact, I've contacted Matt several times via cellphone during off work hours. I know they are a class operation otherwise I would not have subjected myself to a surgery at the hands of someone I have any reservations about. I could have had my last surgery done by Dr Ron but I was confident that SMG would not let me down. Hence my surgery with Dr Paul.

I am saying that you can't put the perverbial cart before the horse. Despite the fact that Ron has trained Paul and stands behind his work by putting not only his reputation but that of SMG on the line, one should be a little cautious in every case when their appearance is on the line.

As for the tricho closure issue, Pat-our inspiration, had this to say about his last surgery with Ron Shapiro. "He also used three internal sutures to reduce tension on the skin level sutures which were STAPLES. He also did a TRICHOPHYTIC CLOSURE to minimize any cosmetically visible scarring." Pat has had four surgeries to my much smaller three.

Now I know each case is different but with Paul's minimal experience, I would find it difficult for him to simply choose sutures and a regular donor scar closure when Ron himself uses the tricho closure in almost all of his current procedures. I do trust Ron, Paul, Matt and SMG but we all have to agree that it's OK to remain a little cautious with something of this magnitude on the line.

I am very pleased to have found this site when I did and everyone who has responded to an inquiry of mine has also been wonderful. We all have Pat to thank and I do many times over. I wish everyone well and look forward to sharing my opinions, perspectives and personal experiences to anyone willing to listen. Thanks to all of you and Happy Holidays!

Great! Glad you are confident and yet cautious.

Glad that you have spoken with Matt and everything is in working order.

I understand that the Trico closure was performed on Pat, but each patient is different.

I should also amend my earlier statement on the Trico closure to state that the OPTIMAL results are achieved on a virgin scalp, with each successive surgery lessening its effectiveness. This is not to say that the Trico has no use or effectiveness, it is just that docs have reported a lessening of its efficacy for each subsequent use.

In addition, Paul may have used a variant of Trico closure, or he may have used the Ledge technique of Dr. Rose. Hopefully, a call to Matt can garner the information you seek. When that happens, I hope you can share the information with us as well.

Just for the record, I understand your capacity for communication with SMG, the fact that they are accessible for EVERY patient, and the fact that you most certainly will comprehend/understand everything said. My purpose was one of information and the ability to openly converse about your specific case while I am at the clinic, that is all. I desire as much information as I can absorb, especially when dealing with these sort of things. These topics are of GREAT interest to me personally, so call me selfish if you will. I will refrain from asking about your situation, at your request.

Happy Growing.

All,

I fully support Dr. Paul Shapiro's addition into the Coalition. I can think of no better pedigree for a physician than to be trained on a daily basis by Dr. Ron Shapiro and to have every surgery performed by Dr. Paul guaranteed by SMG.

I will ask some questions while I am at the clinic if only to offer another perspective on the situation.

Thanks and everyone try and be safe over this weekend!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hello everyone,

Dr. Paul Shapiro certainly seems to do fine work from what I've seen, though I must admit, I have only seen immediately post op photos and none that have matured to date.

Before I give a resounding "yes", I'd like to see Dr. Paul post some before/after photos of several of his patients just as Pat has emailed him to do. Being that he's already a participant and member of our forums, I'm sure he will follow through with this.

I want to further add that I have no doubts about Dr. Paul's work, especially after having the privilege of lengthy discussions with him in another post about Double Follicular Units and his strategic plan and careful consideration on when to transplant them to yield the most natural result along with Ultra Refined Follicular Unit Transplantation. I believe the posting of before/after pictures of his patients will just be a formality at this point, but still an important and necessary one at this point.

Tom,

Thank you also for sharing your experience in this post. It is helpful to get actual patient feedback, which is what we are looking for. Let me just say, however, that being that you are just two months post op today, that everything you have described so far is normal. By no means do I want to dismiss your concerns, of course, however, at 2 months, many patients are extremely worried and cautious about what they see in the mirror. 2 months is normally around the WORST time for cosmetic appearance. Shockloss tends to be at it's worst, there is new found itchiness, and redness isn't gone. The donor area can take a long time to heal fully. I think it's good that you aren't going to make an official evaluation for at least another 6 months, I'd even say to wait a full year before giving him an official evaluation. Believe me...I'm in the same boat as you only having my transplant with Dr. Hasson 11 days before you. Though I didn't experience much shockloss this time around, my scalp is itchy, still a bit red, and there is still some shockloss in the donor area that's finally starting to grow back.

Bill

When initially reading this thread (before Dr. Paul posted pics) I would likely have recommended him for coaltion membership based on the results I had seen him post before (though not grown in) along with a recommendation from his brother Dr. Ron, who is about as good as they get.

After reviewing Dr. Paul's work as shown here, I vote Yes to adding Dr. Paul Shapiro to Coalition Membership. The fact that he has been trained by and is presented by Dr. Ron Shapiro is a big determining factor in my decision, but in the end it is the work show by Dr. Paul, along with is desire and commitment to hair transplant excellence, which lead me toward my ultimate recommendation.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• Administrators

I want to thank Dr. Paul Shapiro for responding to this community's request for photos of his patient results, click here to view them.

I think his patient results are some of the most impressive results I've ever seen. The naturalness and density of his work looks excellent in my opinion. The immediate post op photos also show how ultra refined and minimally invasive his procedure is.

I agree with Hairbank that Dr. Paul Shapiro has paid his dues and has earned the right to become an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Input from other forum members is welcome.

Thanks for everyones input.

Pat

My Hair Loss Blog

• Administrators

Based upon meeting the extremely high standards set for Coalition membership and his support among Coalition members and members of this forum community, I'd like to welcome Dr. Paul Shapiro as our newest member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Special thanks to Dr. Ron Shapiro and his staff for the extensive training they have given to Dr. Paul Shapiro over the years. In the past I joked that we needed to clone Dr. Ron Shapiro in order to provide even more excellent surgeries. With Dr. Paul Shapiro's Shapiro genes and Shapiro training we have almost suceeded in doing so :-)

We look forward to seeing many patients achieve excellent results with Paul Shapiro at the Shapiro Medical Group for years to come.

Pat

My Hair Loss Blog

Guest Cousin_It

Wow, that was quick! I was looking forward to seeing a larger presentation of his work and perhaps some answers to the inquiries I had posted to him, which by the way he did not take the time to respond to, before I could make a proper evaluation of his suitability for inclusion in the Coalition.

At this time I would be hesistant to recommend him personally to members, perhaps this will change in the upcoming future, one way or another. I hope, for the sake of our current and future members, we are not jumping the gun on this issue.

Pat...will Dr.P.Shapiro be a "trial member" as was Dr.Rassman?

At this time I would be hesistant to recommend him personally to members, perhaps this will change in the upcoming future, one way or another. I hope, for the sake of our current and future members, we are not jumping the gun on this issue.

I think this is normal. Though he is qualifed to be a member of the coalition, and I give him the thumbs up, it will still probably take some time for me to personally recommend him as one of the top doctors...however, I think that this comes with time

I was looking forward to seeing a larger presentation of his work and perhaps some answers to the inquiries I had posted to him, which by the way he did not take the time to respond to,

I would also like to see the answers to your questions, however, I don't think he was blowing you off. Everyone is busy in this world...and I'm sure when he gets a chance to view the thread and post, he'll make the time. Those are just my thoughts.

Pat...will Dr.P.Shapiro be a "trial member" as was Dr.Rassman?

I don't believe Dr. Rassman is a trial member, but a full member (though I know everyone is divided over his pricing)...I believe trial membership has been considered for Dr. Nakatsui, but we are still discussing what "trial" membership means and how it should differ (if at all) from permanent membership.

Bill

I recall Dr. Paul Shapiro was charging a discount rate based on being a relative "newby". Will that rate continue or will there be a rate adjustment forthcoming?

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

I recall Dr. Paul Shapiro was charging a discount rate based on being a relative "newby". Will that rate continue or will there be a rate adjustment forthcoming?

Gorpy,

I know this was true of Dr. Rassman (though his rates even discounted are well above the norm) but I wasn't aware of that with Dr. Paul. Perhaps I am mistaken?

Bill

Guest Cousin_It

Bill...

I appreciate your candor on the subject. I consider you one of the most valued members of this forum, if not the most valued. Coming to know you over 2 shorts months I believe your sole purpose here is help others. You have unselfishly devoted your time to do this without any form of compensation, other than a "thank you" from members for your insights.

My goals here are identical to yours. I have not nor will I ever seek to be remunerated for my efforts other than a " well done". My obligation is to the members, not as a spokesman for members doctors. Before I can truly recommend a surgeon I have to be convinced that I would personally use him myself. In this particular case, I cannot say this.

Personally I feel this process was rushed. I feel that the high standards set forth for Coalition Surgeons has not fully been met by the evidence provided to me so far. I had hoped that further information would be forthcoming before the fact, but that was not the case.

I am sure, knowing your ethics, that you will only recommend doctors you truly believe to be up to these standards, their inclusion in the Coalition not being the sole determining factor.

On the issue of "trial" membership, I thought I had read somewhere in Rassman's thread of something like this, perhaps I misunderstood.

Guest Cousin_It

Just read Gorpy's post, I was not aware of this but I hope the Coalition does not end up like Walmart, offering discounts to entice patients to the lesser qualified doctors needing the work.

I guess that I am still not sure of what it takes to be a coalition member. Although I did give a thumbs up to Dr. Paul Shapiro I was kind of thinking that there might be a little more of a process involved.

From my count on this thread the vote would be 5 in favour and 2 against. This ofcourse would look like a democracy but one of the against was an actual patient. If I look at the link that Pat provided which outlines the strict guidelines for membership I'm not sure that there is a complete fit.

My point is that although I did vote yes, I would like to see some legitimacy to the process. It kind of loses the lustre of being considered a member of the coalition when you see witness to the actual hasty approval. Will someone explain to me the need for more member doctors? Is there money involved? icon_confused.gif

I'm sure this post might get a frown or 2 but this is an open forum and its just my opinion.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Good Points All.

I think we need to take a step back and understand that Pat has actually been following Dr.Paul's work for a good while now (At least from what I understand) We are also well aware that Pat will not in good conscience simply invite or add a Doctor to the Coalition over money. At this point in time to suggest that Pat would do such a thing mars the reputation of the Coalition and damages all of the good work we have done in past few years. This is NOT a path I am willing to travel, nor am I willing to even broach.

I have placed my trust in Pat, because he is one of US. A guy who was bald, but wanted to stand up and make the opinions of the "little guy" count for something.

Through his efforts and the efforts of our membership, we are doing that very thing.

Now, with regards to Dr. Paul-- I certainly owe no allegiance to his work, having had Dr. Ron Shapiro (founding Coalition member) perform my surgerys. However, because of my involvement here and in talking to Dr. Ron or Matt Zupan, I continually kept myself abreast of Dr. Paul's progress (over 15 months).

Having seen many of Dr. Paul's patient photos and a LIVE SURGERY Jan 2nd, I am fully confident in his abilities to perform Ultra Refined Follicular Unit Grafting. Looking at a live surgery does NOT lie. The grafts were well placed, trimmed fully, incisions were small and grouped as closely as needed, etc...

To the question of pricing--- When I did my INITIAL consult with SMG, way back in Aug/Sep 05, Dr. Ron Shapiro's prices were higher than Dr. Rose, Dr. Keene and Dr. Paul's as well. I see no reason why that would have any bearing on Coalition membership, other than a chance to get a quality HT cheaper.

Here is my take on this--- a "Newbie" Doc is a doc that must train elsewhere, then open his or her own clinic, hire and train a staff, establish a procedure, etc....

In this case, Dr. Paul is using the same highly trained techs that Dr. Ron uses. He is using the same techniques that Dr. Ron uses. He is using the same procedure that Dr. Ron uses. In addition to being trained by Dr. Ron Shapiro himself!

In my opinion, this is less a question of Dr. Paul's work, than it is a question of him creating his own identity, which is a different question all together.

I got to speak with Dr. Paul for a bit on the 2nd and I found him to be just as caring, honest as I found Dr. Ron. I never got the impression that he was "put off" by my being a lay-person or a "nosy member of the HTN" He answered all of my questions and took my grilling him about this very situation very well.

We have to remember, EVERY Doc that we can add to the Coalition helps prevent butchery or unethical results. Even if we save 1 person a month, we have done something truly great.

At this point in time, we need to ask ourselves if a Doc is performing state-of-the-art ultra refined follicular unit transplantation and has a pedigree of being Dr. Ron Shapiro's brother and being trained by Dr. Ron Shapiro and has produced pics to prove his worth, in addition to earning Pat's confidence.... What are we arguing here?

Again, I will end this by stating that I owe no allegiance to Dr. Paul, I don't work for Dr. Paul, and if I felt in ANY way that putting him in the Coalition Compromised what we are doing here, I would withdraw my support immediately.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Guest Cousin_It

B...

As always, yours is the voice of reason on this forum. You are in a rather advantageous position in this matter. Being privacy to Dr.P Shapiro's work and abilities you are able to make an informed decision on his enrollment into the Coalition. I was only seeking the same opportunity, which I was incidentally deprived of.

I value yours and Pat's opinion immensely, but in no way will I allow you to speak for me. Perhaps I misinterpreted Pat's statement in a prior thread stating that forum members would be made part of the decision making progress in determining entrance into the Coalition. I hardly think, the nominal responses contained in this thread, would be considered by any means a complete vote of confidence.

The process which seeks to determine the qualifications of an individual to appointment of any position cannot be hastened. Qualifications need to be assessed, question need to be asked and answered before this appointment is made. In this instance, I believed the process was bypassed for whatever reason. I somehow feel cheated in my obligations to this forum. Perhaps I took Pat's statement too seriously, perhaps it was just a formality, I am not sure at this point.

I am very sorry for the turn of events, but I would be negligent in my obligations if I did not voice my opinion. I hope you understand my reasoning in this matter, as I do yours. Looking forward to more upbeat discussions with you on this forum. As always, I appreciate your input on the matter.

Cousin_It worded things quite eloquently that I wanted to leave things at that, as his arguement is essentially the point that I am trying to make. I am certainly in full agreement with what he is saying, although that doesn't mean that he is in full agreement with my arguement.

I don't believe that the question is whether or not Dr. Paul Shapiro is skilled or not, rather we are questioning the process in which a new doc has been admitted to the Coalition. There is a huge difference between the 2 and I don't think that you have addressed that B Spot.

1. Are we not allowed to question the process?

2. The only person that had a HT with the doc voted NO. Where are the positive responses from actual patients?

3. Is a total of 7 responses adequate? Is there a magic number?

4. Why did we not wait for his (Dr. Pauls) response to some questions proposed?

5. Why vote if we should just trust Pat?

6. Is money involved? Fair question. Not implying anything but if it is we should know.

7. How does making Dr. Paul a member save one more soul from a bad HT? The patients are going there anyways based on SMG reputation alone.

This is an open forum and I think that it is fair for us novice members to be able to ask questions without there being some hard feelings over it by senior members. If I am going to devote my time to try and help others in my same predicament, I want to understand the workings of this environment.

I mean no disrespect to anyone, especially not Pat. But the facts are the facts. If Coalition membership is based on solely Pat's determination than fine. I can live with that, but at least spell it out for us so that we are aware of what it truly means to be a member. Lets not pretend that it is based on some strict democratic process and standards if it really isn't.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Cousin and NN,

I agree with your take on the process of election, it is a little unclear to me the whole process. I do however, trust Pat and Bspot to make the selection here however and of course Pat would have the last say. I know he has a huge obligation to this forum and would not do anything to hurt its members and guests.

Speaking for myself only, I would recuse myself from a vote even if it meant anything. I have never seen any work other than a few photos and heard from one patient. No way this is enough to go on to make a clear vote one way or the other. Therefore, I would have to yield to those like Pat and BSpot who have seen his work in person.

NoBuzz

Cousin, NN, you guys are ALWAYS welcome to share anything, especially with me!!!!

I have no hard feelings at all toward either of you, and as a matter of fact, respect your involvement here immensely!!!!!

Each of you is right to question anything your heart desires, and no one has the right to decide anything for you.

The only thing I want to make clear is that Pat will NOT put anyone in the Coalition based on money. There have been MANY Docs who have tried and been turned away. I just want to make sure his and subsequently this site's integrity is unquestioned.

As far as the Coalition, ultimately it is Pat's decision, based on his determination, research and our opinions. However, Pat will be the first person to tell you he does not know everything about every HT Doc, so that is why he values our opinions and our insight and in many cases asks for our input. Recently, we have seen visits to many clinics where we have given our opinions and decided yea or nay, and in Dr. Rassman's case were able to get a reduced rate. Kudos to us!

I am only here to promote learning and education as always. I have the benefit of talking and seeing the very Dr. we are speaking of, so my only goal was to try and put any doubters at ease as to MY interpretation and impression of Dr. Paul's skills.

This is in no way undermining any members questions or concerns.

I fully understand the level of involvement many of you have shown, and I am glad that our ranks are swelling with informed, unbiased, intelligent sufferers like yourselves.

Please by all means, continue to question, post observations, etc... etc... etc... that is how we arrived at where we are today!!!!!

NN--- Adding ANY new Dr. to the Coalition potentially saves someone from a bad HT. This is not related specifically to Dr. Paul. I envision a point in time where Coalition Docs reach every corner of the globe where members like you and I can direct a prospective patient to find top quality treatment.

I respect all of you, and in no way do I feel that I am speaking for you, or that my comments are somehow weighted more than yours. The only problem I have is when the Pat/Money issue comes up, and for that I have to speak up rather harshly. Other than that, I have no hard feelings toward either of you, and I appreciate your willingness to ask some hard questions.

Spread the Hair Love........ icon_smile.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs