Medical Hair Restoration misleading patients

arfy

I was forwarded this email that MHR is sending out, where the make several obvious false claims (dare I say "lie" to the public) in an effort to sell more hair transplants.

1. There is nothing "natural" about hair transplant surgery, yet MHR uses this phrase all the time. Natural solution, natural decision. A hair transplant is a "natural solution" for hair loss, as much as a Face Lift is a "natural solution" for wrinkles. Is a Tummy Tuck a "natural solution" for weight loss? Who thinks up this kind of blatant BS????

2. The email claims "full head of hair". This is physically impossible. Hair transplants just move hair around, they do not create any new hair. If you have hair loss, you will not get a full head of hair from a hair transplant. It's totally misleading for MHR to advertise "full head of hair"

3. "Regrow your hair"... this is another BS phrase I see MHR use all the time. Hair transplants just move existing hair from the back to the front, they do NOT "regrow your hair". It's not medically accurate and it's totally misleading to tell people that's what hair transplants do. Propecia and Minoxidil might occasionally "regrow" hair, but a hair transplant just moves hair from the back to the front. It's ridiculous that a doctor is spreading this kind of misinformation.

The thing that really gets me, is that MHR owner Matt Leavitt is giving a seminar TODAY in Sydney Australia, about "Ethical Marketing" at the annual ISHRS convention. This guy is not practicing Ethical Marketing with email campaigns like this. What's next, a lecture on good manners from Mike Tyson?

I don't understand why 'ethical' HT doctors are tolerating this, and actually giving this clown a spotlight at their meetings???

mhrad6jl.jpg

<span class="ev_code_RED">Workshop 104: Marketing and Ethics

</span>Date/Time: Thursday/August 25, 2005, 7:00AM-8:30AM

Level: All Levels

Director: Matt L. Leavitt, DO

Faculty: Vance W. Elliott, MD, Paul T. Rose, MD

This workshop is intended to provide the participants with the tools to develop a results-oriented, cost-eff ective, well-balanced plan for ethically and professionally communicating their hair restoration talents and services to prospective patients. In addition to an overview of market trends, emphasis will be placed on the benefi ts of maintaining a clear, consistent, positive message designed to increase overall consumer confidence. Media trends and opportunities, such as the emerging multimedia Internet and its potential for finding and educating patients, will also be discussed.

I was forwarded this email that MHR is sending out, where the make several obvious false claims (dare I say "lie" to the public) in an effort to sell more hair transplants.

1. There is nothing "natural" about hair transplant surgery, yet MHR uses this phrase all the time. Natural solution, natural decision. A hair transplant is a "natural solution" for hair loss, as much as a Face Lift is a "natural solution" for wrinkles. Is a Tummy Tuck a "natural solution" for weight loss? Who thinks up this kind of blatant BS????

2. The email claims "full head of hair". This is physically impossible. Hair transplants just move hair around, they do not create any new hair. If you have hair loss, you will not get a full head of hair from a hair transplant. It's totally misleading for MHR to advertise "full head of hair"

3. "Regrow your hair"... this is another BS phrase I see MHR use all the time. Hair transplants just move existing hair from the back to the front, they do NOT "regrow your hair". It's not medically accurate and it's totally misleading to tell people that's what hair transplants do. Propecia and Minoxidil might occasionally "regrow" hair, but a hair transplant just moves hair from the back to the front. It's ridiculous that a doctor is spreading this kind of misinformation.

The thing that really gets me, is that MHR owner Matt Leavitt is giving a seminar TODAY in Sydney Australia, about "Ethical Marketing" at the annual ISHRS convention. This guy is not practicing Ethical Marketing with email campaigns like this. What's next, a lecture on good manners from Mike Tyson?

I don't understand why 'ethical' HT doctors are tolerating this, and actually giving this clown a spotlight at their meetings???

mhrad6jl.jpg

<span class="ev_code_RED">Workshop 104: Marketing and Ethics

</span>Date/Time: Thursday/August 25, 2005, 7:00AM-8:30AM

Level: All Levels

Director: Matt L. Leavitt, DO

Faculty: Vance W. Elliott, MD, Paul T. Rose, MD

This workshop is intended to provide the participants with the tools to develop a results-oriented, cost-eff ective, well-balanced plan for ethically and professionally communicating their hair restoration talents and services to prospective patients. In addition to an overview of market trends, emphasis will be placed on the benefi ts of maintaining a clear, consistent, positive message designed to increase overall consumer confidence. Media trends and opportunities, such as the emerging multimedia Internet and its potential for finding and educating patients, will also be discussed.

Hi Everybody,

I concur that these claims are inappropriate, unethical, and unrealistic, especially the one about regrowing a "full head of hair". Yet this is exactly what I believed when I was young, uninformed, and desperately searching for a solution to my problem.

PCC

Just like the other "chop shops" icon_eek.gif I don't see how they stay in bussiness. Someone should figure out how to "ethically" icon_wink.gif make the HT shopper aware of this website, so the HT shopper could "naturally" icon_razz.gif find a better solution to their hairloss.

Shiny Side Up!!

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Hairless,

Dr. Rose was never with MHR. He has participated as a member of the faculty for the ISHRS live workshop in Orlando Florida, which MHR often references on its site.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• 2 weeks later...

I especially have to laugh when they promote their seminars and promise "appetizers and 100 free graphs". To those of us who have "been through it" or anyone with a warped sense of humor that lends itself to some really sick jokes!

I had an experience with MHR. I like probably a lot of people, went thru a panic period where I just wanted to get something done. I went to a local hair systems business to get some info. They referred my name to MHR.

A few days later I got a call from them. At first I put it off...I was too scared. I then went thru a panic & called them up. I set up a counseling session. They wanted a down payment. So I gave them my credit card number. Well, time passed I never got any info in the mail from them....no conformation of the counseling session or anything. I got worried & started calling them asking for the representative I had been talking to. He never was there. I didnt get any return phone calls.

So a week or so before I was to go for the counseling session I called one last time. The rep wasnt there. I got mad. I demanded my money back. It took them awhile but eventually I got it back after almost threatening them.

This company has some questionable practices.