Newcomer Looking for Experiences

Hi All,

I recently decided to undergo a hair transplant and have been reading your site extensively. I am in NJ,unfortunately due to circumstances I am not able to travel so I must find a doctor within reasonable distance to me. I have checked out posts concerning both Dr True/Dorin and Dr. Bernstein. I find some good reviews on True/Dorin, but have not found too much info on Bernstein. I have heard that Dr.Bernstein is a quite capable surgeon and a leading pioneer in hair transplantation but find it odd the lack of info so far. I would be open to any comments from members of this forum on either of these doctors. Thank you for you anticipated informational input.

Hi All,

I recently decided to undergo a hair transplant and have been reading your site extensively. I am in NJ,unfortunately due to circumstances I am not able to travel so I must find a doctor within reasonable distance to me. I have checked out posts concerning both Dr True/Dorin and Dr. Bernstein. I find some good reviews on True/Dorin, but have not found too much info on Bernstein. I have heard that Dr.Bernstein is a quite capable surgeon and a leading pioneer in hair transplantation but find it odd the lack of info so far. I would be open to any comments from members of this forum on either of these doctors. Thank you for you anticipated informational input.

Guest Happy in Maryland"??

Research, Research, Research, Look for the doctors that will show you befores and afters. Also question the doctors directly and if you don't get a response or acceptable answer move on to another. You have one chance to get it done right the first time! I'm sure you will be able to find what you're looking for.

Happy

There are a few members here who have went to T&D (particularly, Dr. True)...Mrjobi, Youngsuccess, come immediately to mind, but there are others whose names I don't remember with exactitude. I also haven't seen much on Bernstein, though he is very well respected -- and also happens to be notoriously "conservative" in his approach. Actually, T&D are known to be rather "conservative", also.

Being that you are strictly looking in that general area (I looked closely there too, being from Connecticut), I think you would be remiss to not inquire into Feller, as well.

Either way, whoever you look into, I would strongly recommend doing detailed consults with all of them -- online or live....I don't think that that can be overstated.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thank you thanatopsis_awry for taking the time to add your insight to my inquiry.

Ideally I would choose Hasson & Wong as my first choice, but due to the distance it would be an impossibility for personal reasons. I understand that the aforementioned doctors are a bit conservative in their approach, but that is something I will have to settle for. It is possible I may have to endure an additional surgery to fulfill my needs, but seldom does one accomplish total restoration on one procedure, that is except for Hasson & Wong from what I have heard and seen.

Thank you for suggesting Dr. Feller as a possible candidate, but unfortunately I spoke to a gentlemen in my travels whose surgery by him was poor, furthermore the doctor did not stand behind his work, he subsequently had the surgery redone by H&W with excellent results, I only wish I could make the trip!

I hope former client of these two doctors will chime in with their experiences. Thank you everyone for your responses.

I too would like to hear more information (who, what, when, etc.), and I'm sure lurkers, members, and future readers alike would value some details, as well.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

MikeGG, I wouldn't believe it for anything--that Dr. Feller would act in such a way and you'll want to wait and hear the real story and it's not like anything you had been told by the source--guaranteed!!

All of the doctors mentioned can produce the same high level result. you need to visit a couple to see which one you like the best. As far as research, use the search function on each doc. I had 3 procedures with Dr. True and my results are exceptional.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi Mike

I haven`t had such a laugh for quite a while reading your posts.

Firstly you claim to have done plenty of research yet cant find much info on Dr B,where you been researching in Walmart?.

You say you met a gentleman on your travels who had a poor ht by Dr Feller and yet he did not post his dissatisfaction on here but chose to tell you instead.Did you bump into this guy in Walmart aswell.

If you find my post offensive to you its because in my opinion you are not who you say you are, throwing accusations about with no proof .I`ve personally met at least 20 Feller patients and seen posted results of a lot more and they are excellent.

Your post is very transparent and if you were genuinely looking and researching there are lots of doctors in your immediate area so go and have a consult with them.

See for yourself

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Thank you for suggesting Dr. Feller as a possible candidate, but unfortunately I spoke to a gentlemen in my travels whose surgery by him was poor, furthermore the doctor did not stand behind his work, he subsequently had the surgery redone by H&W with excellent results, I only wish I could make the trip!

Mike, based on your first post, you seem to be a legitimate poster. However, I find the above statement beyond belief.

Dr. Feller is a first-rate hair restoration physician with a proven track record of consistent results. Though it is true that no doctor can bat a 1000, even if someone had a poor surgery with him, Dr. Feller is a stand up guy and always stands behind work.

Please don't make statements based on hearsay when there is no way you can possibly validate or substantiate claims made by someone you spoke with during your travels.

Bill

I understand that the aforementioned doctors are a bit conservative in their approach, but that is something I will have to settle for.

A. Never never settle when considering a HT. If money is the issue then you bloody wait it out until you can afford a world class surgeon. What's worse than a balding melon? A pluggy, obvious HT'd melon!

B. There must be two Dr. Fellers.

Originally posted by MikeGG:

I have heard that Dr.Bernstein is a quite capable surgeon and a leading pioneer in hair transplantation but find it odd the lack of info so far. I would be open to any comments from members of this forum

Surprised you didn't find much on Dr. Bernstein. When I started my research I saw him like everywhere. Try googling him, his web site is huge.

I can honestly say that I am extremely happy that I went to him. Let me know if you have any questions, I just put up some more photos on my hair transplant blog.

Originally posted by MikeGG:

I have heard that Dr.Bernstein is a quite capable surgeon and a leading pioneer in hair transplantation but find it odd the lack of info so far.

I started smiling half way through this sentence because I thought you were going to say you find it odd the lack of hair he has.... icon_biggrin.gif

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Mike,

I've been off the boards for a while (a new job will do that to you) but I wanted to respond to your post.

Given Dr. Feller's stellar reputation on this forum (and others) and my own personal experience with him (1 year post-op last week), I can tell you that if there ever was a surgeon who cares about doing it right and standing by his work, it's Dr. Feller. You should absolutely have consults with the other coalition docs in the tri-state area, but please consider a face to face with Dr. Feller.

I'm in NJ and would be happy to answer any questions about my search for an HT doc. I'd also be willing to meet with you to share my pre and post pictures and talk about the whole experience (which was well worth it!)

Best of luck in your search.

Jersey

l had about 800 FUT Dr.Bernstein and the result was bad. If you go back to about six months ago on this website l posted over 6 photos. When l met him after 12months post surgery his suggestion was that my scalp was tight and he wouldn't do another surgery. He want as far as suggesting might be l went to another HT doctor which is not true. Just because you HT turn out well doesn't mean everyone has been that lucky. You can truly swear by this guys loyalty to their patients, because that's your own experince. They only identify with you when it's a success story and they can win more clients and make more money on the long run.

03-vertex(front_view).jpg.030a9466771a7666a82e4df473a31182.jpg

l thought you guys might like to see the donor site that have made me the subject of jest and ridicle right now.

l am presently looking for a fine HT doctor who can help me fix this mess. l am paying CASH and l have save a reasonable some of money, so l can put this misery out of my life. Any suggestion, comments and advice will be greatly appreciated. l live in Maryland, but l don't mind the travel if that is what it will take to get good results.

06-scar_tissue(donor_area).jpg.4a5fd0edf75130fef2d6b13d71130ce3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What is happening here ? A poster (Godzluv69) has a legit issue and has asked for help, and because the surgery was preformed by a coalition doctor, everyone has shut up. 10 DAYS AND NO RESPONSE ?????

It is very alarming to me to see ridicule of a previous posted in this thread for suggesting Feller had a bad hair transplant patient experience (Feller himself would be the first to admit that not all experiences get the desired results and not all patient/doctor relationships end satifactory, and trust me, I personally have enormous respect for Dr Feller). You asked for proof from on Feller, and now Godzluv69 is showing you proof (although on Dr Bernstein, not Feller), and you ALL go mute.

And no I am passing judgement on Dr. Bernstein, I have seen many successful transplant photos by their surgery.

My point is that by NOT giving the support that Godzluv69 is looking for, it looks like we are "censoring" information on cooalition doctors and this puts into question the legitimacy all of the wonderful information I have received from this website.

HE IS ASKING FOR OUR HELP. Lets try and NOT have another hater of HT out there giving the indstry a bad name.

Look at those pictures, he needs help.

Godzluv,

You're right that doesn't look like a hair transplant experience I'd be happy with either. However, 800 is not much and I don't know where they put them.

If you're on the east coast I would suggest you contact Dr. Cooley. But, he's the only one I've had experience with - except Dr. Shory back in the stone ages.

My perception of Dr. Cooley is he's an honest man and I truly haven't heard a bad thing about him. I truly believe he cares more about helping people than making money. He's in Charlotte and also gives a full 10% discount for prepayment with certified funds.

I'm sure there are some others but that's my advice. Surely you've got more than 800 available. I was worried about my scalp being tight as well but the doc said I have close to 6,000 total available.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Aussie19,

I'm on these boards every day and this is the first time I'd seen Gdz69 posts. Honestly, he should have begun a new thread or added this info to his existing 'frustrated' thread. There are threads that can slip thru the cracks and need to be brought to attention as you have done. However, I don't recall reading any enlightening words of encouragement, or helpful suggestions in your post?

I'd be willing to bet the veterans on here would have plenty to say and some stategic recommendations, if they'd seen his posts within this post! If you'd checked his original post(http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=152538), you'd a seen Bill responded within a half hour and there are two pages of responses and suggestions for him.

I understand and applaud your concern, but be a bit more cautious before throwing out censoring or conspiracy theory accusations.

MbM

Aussie,

When I first read your post, I had no idea what you were talking about. But I see that the member you are referring to posted on this thread his experience.

It is very common when a member uses someone else's thread to post their own experience, that it is lost in the shuffle. I am sure I can speak for everyone when I say that nobody is trying to dismiss him. Why would you assume that we are trying to hide or censor this information? Your conclusion is uncanny.

Now that I see what you are referring to, I will go back and read his post and look at his pictures and address it.

Bill

I echo what BlindMelon and Bill have said -- I wasn't even cognizent of his post (and more importantly, his grievance) until right now.

Having looked at his pics, it does look *quite* troubling to me; however, more details are needed. Was this his only HT? I would be flabbergasted if that scar was a direct result of Dr. Bernstein & a 800 FUT session (which looks surprising in and of itself because of his hairloss), in which case he says his elasticity is so poor from that small session alone that he could not even do another.

Godzluv, more information is needed, but certaintly you still have very viable options, regardless of the causes of your present situation. Dr. Vogel in Maryland is a vgood, local option, and there are many other docs you can consult with (online or live) who do *excellent* "repair" work.

Aussie -- I (and others) appreciate your concern, but there truly is zero "silencing" going on. And I would bet that if Godzluv had started a fresh thread, or if more posters had been aware of his post within this thread, he would have received overwhelming attention and support. In fact, I would say that when a poster claims a grievnace with a Coaltion doc it receives *MAXIMUM* attention.

As well, no one was "ridiculing" the initial poster; but when someone makes an extremely vauge statement of an extremely important issue (concerning an extremely ethical, public doctor), how could it not be met with a degree of uncertainty and a call for *more information*. Regardless of what the truth happens to be, that is all most members of this site want to get exposed.

-----------