1 Month Post-OP and concerned

As the heading says, I am currently just a few days shy of my one month post op date.

I had a fairly massive HTP with Dr Wong, 5015 grafts the first days in July. I have maintained most of the HTP hair?! I was under the impression that all the HTP grafts would have fallen or be falling out prior to this stage.

To date I have slowly lost only about 15-25% of the transplanted hairs. I guess I am primarily wondering if this is ok, or is there cause for alarm?

I talk to someone who was in a seemingly identical situation as you; his grafts eventually shed in full.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I'm at about 9 weeks post op and I still have a few grafts that stayed intact and are already growing. It's perfectly ok if yours don't fall out - consider yourself pretty lucky if they don't! Most of mine actually didn't fall out til about 4 weeks too.

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

Thank you guys. That is re-assuring to say the least.

Its weird actually wishing your hair to fall out, but that is what I have been increasingly wishing the last couple of days with the thought that they should be gone.

thanatopsis it is not always the case where all the grafts fall out. i had a transplant three months ago and i had the same experience. i am at three months now and i still maintained the majority of my grafts without shedding. it is perfectly fine that you didn't shed all your grafts and in my opinion i would much rather keep the majority of my grafts than actually have all of them fall out.

Sere, nothing to be alarmed about. I retained about 60% of my transplanted graft all throughout. I shed less than half (approximately 40% or so) of my transplanted grafts.

As a result, I had some cosmetic changes within about 3 months only, when the non-shedded transplanted grafts had grown out.

Again thanks everyone for the input, its now after one month and the same situation. I have retained about 70-75% of the transplanted grafts.

I have actually lost more around the strip area then on the top where the work was done. Its probably too early to tell, but maybe I am just very lucky.

Thanks again guys

With my 3 procedures, I sometimes shed quickly while others later.Regardless, just let nature take its course.

5000 grafts will make you very happy!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 months later...

this is a great thread and glad i found it. i am worried that after 2 months, my grafts (about 80%+) are still in tact and don't seem to be growing. should i be worried that they will always stay this short and never actually grow unless they shed? i am anxious to hear experiences. thanks in advance

Originally posted by MrJobi:

With my 3 procedures, I sometimes shed quickly while others later.Regardless, just let nature take its course.

5000 grafts will make you very happy!!

FWIW, I was the same way with my three HT's.