6 month update - Dr. Bernstein

Holy smokes we have EXACTLY the same type of hair. I think you are going to be pleased.

FYI - for me months 7-12 were MUCH more exciting then months 1-6. You still have a long way to go. Don't be discouraged.

Regards - Stimpson

Looks like you are right on track....Very natural looking...For me month 10-16 was when I did the most growing and maturing....Think of it as lawn seed....It always comes out thin and patchy but eventually it turns into a golf course...lol

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

I wouldn't be disappointed. It's only 6 months for crying out loud.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Originally posted by aaron1234:

I wouldn't be disappointed. It's only 6 months for crying out loud.

I read back through new2's journey, and one thing that I thought was disappointing was the 5 months update cont page where it looked like there was some scarring/pitting. I didn't realize that was the result of prior work. It will be interesting to see new2's pics at 1 year. I'm curious as to why new2 picked Bernstein. Bernstein is good, but in my opinion he is superconservative with hairlines, which I'm sure in many situations is the best advice. I live in NJ, and I've met Berstein a few times. He's a straightshooter, but for my HT I went to H&W.

Bill ??“ I am happy to keep you guys posted. I think updates like this help everyone. In my five month update I made some comments on my progress (thinking out loud, sort of) and I think some may have thought I was criticizing Dr. Bernstein, which I was not. Also, I learned quite of bit from this site including not to prejudge, so I decided just to post pictures without any comments.

Stimpson ??“ Thanks very much for responding to my update. I appreciate your supportive comments.

Eman ??“ As usual, thanks. Appreciate hearing from you.

kaounis and Leeson ??“ Thanks for responding. I appreciate your comments and also appreciate the analogy.

Manko ??“ Thanks for your notes and for taking the time to go back and revisit my profile. As you noted, I did have scaring from previous work that was done and undone. Be that as it may, I think the quality of two of the five month pictures was very poor. I don't think the scaring/pitting was as bad as it looked on those two pictures. Today, I added two more pictures that were taken yesterday so you can see how it looks. When I comb my hair back, it looks fuller. However, I am parting it on the side at this time since I want the change to be more subtle. Hope that makes sense.

aaron1234 ??“ Thanks very much for your supportive comments. I appreciate it. I see the improvement in your results from 6 to 10 months. Very nice.

I think that many posters don't give Dr. Bernstein the credit he deserves. He is really a pioneer in the field of HT. Being consevative, when it comes to HT that is, can sometimes be a blessing in disguise...Remember that Dr. B was doing HT when some of the other surgeons were still in school...I'm sure he has seen it all...the good the bad and the ugly....being consevative, always leaves the patient with many options further down the road!

I think your HT n2S looks quite good for 6 months...and choosing Dr. B was a great choice...

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

kaounis ??“ Thanks for your follow up comments and your thoughts on my 6 month growth. I appreciate what you wrote and, as you suggested, going conservative can sometimes be a blessing in disguise and it does leave the patient with more options down the road.