no

nobuzz4me

Things look good. Maybe it is just the photos but I really don't see evidence of old plugs. As is the case with me, maybe in bright lights, wind, etc. you might notice. Ofcourse wait and see what the finished product looks like but possibly the transition with the 3 colors helps to make everything look that much more natural. Just a thought. Good luck with things!

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Nobuzz,

Good to finally see some photos of your head man icon_wink.gif. I also can't really notice the old plugs from the photos...but surely as you look in the mirror and sort throug the hair, of course you'll be able to see the old plugs. I think they are camoflauged very well.

Are you going to hit the crown at all in your third surgery? Though admittedly you couldn't get a lot of density, it might be worth considering hitting the crown a little bit to have some coverage...but it all depends on what you want done the most. I agree...it's good to keep the hairline position where it is and just go for density behind it at this point.

Keep us posted my friend.

Bill

I was thinking later that as things gray up a bit as will ofcourse naturally happen things will even be that much better. Ofcourse that is assuming you have no issues with a little gray. The contrast thing makes a huge difference and there is such little contrast between gray and the scalp color.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Bill,

I know the plugs are hard to see but they are there!

I will most likely hit the crown next go round, I plan to strengthen the front and top and see how the crown responds to the regimen.

I know it does not look great yet, but I think I am going to be a good responder to the finasteride. I have only been on one month and my hair back there is strengthening and I feel something different when I rub my fingers thru that area.

I tried Propecia when it first came out but anly a few weeks and I stil had a good amount of hair so I stopped. I wish I would have stayed on it, who knows how I would be right now? Anyway, I am sure it will not completely fill up the crown and we will address that next after the meds have had time to work.

If donor allows, I will go after it heavily, but if not at least spinkle in a few back there. My donor is in density is average and laxity is good.

NoBuzz

NB4M-

Thanks for posting you pics. You may have mentioned this before but how many grafts are you going for? Is it a "shoot the moon" type of thing? Nice to hear you're responding to Propecia, maybe it will end up giving you some coverage in time.

Has your Doc given you a harvest estimate? Who are you using??

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hairbank,

I am in on Jan 11th with Dr. James Vogel who while not a coalition doc is a HTN recommended one. Only going to do 1200-1400 grafts along with some minor plug reduction (he has extensive repair work experience), I know they are hard to see but they were camaflaged in HT #2 sometime in 2001. Dr. Richard Halford who was with Elliott and True did that one and did a pretty good job using about 1000 FU's.

I know I will need more grafts to really acheive some density on top and think I have enough for a mega session after this one and I plan on maxxing out my donor next time.

Vogel does not do mega sessions (I asked Pat about him and he said he does very good work but just not large sessions.) but says my donor is average density and laxity is good.

How about you, I saw your photos and see you have done over 5k grafts, do you have any troops still in reserve? Are you happy with the coverage or will you succumb to hair greed!

NoBuzz

NoBuzz-

Best wishes for success with Dr. Vogel. I'll be anxious to see the results as you progress. Glad to hear you have enough in reserve for a mega session later!

As I'm now approaching 10 months after HT #2, I'm due to post an update. I've been trying to find time for the past month and it just hasn't happened but I hope to accomplish it soon...........I'm very interested to get opinions from everyone on how they think it turned out? 3 months ago I would have told you I'd probably have another HT at some point (and maybe will) however, as time passes, I'm more and more pleased with how it turned out.

I do have plenty in reserve (at least another 5000 so I've been told) which is a good thing. For me it comes down to my satisfaction versus the cost of more................if $$ was no object, I'd probably "dense up" everywhere and lower the hairline slightly. At this point, I'm pretty pleased with the results so will probably stay out of the chair............at least for the near future icon_wink.gif !

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by hairbank:

if $$ was no object, I'd probably "dense up" everywhere and lower the hairline slightly.

HB, Money is no object when it comes to more hair! How else can you explain the fact we could all probably have bought another car instead of being bald? icon_wink.gif Its tough to explain that one to the wife!

Glad you have plenty in the bank, just in case you come down with a case of hairgreedoma, a serious disease which afflicts many of us and there appears to be no cure! look forward to seeing your pics and your progress.

NoBuzz

• 1 month later...

NoBuzz,

It really looks like a clean surgery. He did an excellent job of the plug removal and already at 10 days have difficulty seeing evidence of(although I couln't see prior to removal either).

I think that you will notice a heck of a difference with the additional 1600 FU and give a very natural look for your age.

It appears like he did a great job with the suturing in the donor area and is barely visible.

Glad for you that you have progressed to where you are now. Give it a few months and you'll be a new man.

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Nobuzz,

Good to see an update from you on this post! I am surprised you waited so long to post your post op pics...for me, I was so excited when I came home...I just HAD to post them :P. Looks like a nice clean surgery. 1600 grafts will give you a nice difference...since it's packed mostly in the front. Any plans on attacking the crown in the future? Or are you waiting to see if the meds do something first?

Bill

Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot. Would have posted earlier but I needed to pick up some post op pics from the doc on my two week check up.

Bill, would love to attack the crown if donor allows, I am not planning on the meds working miracles, just stabilize things and improve a little. Next round will focus on any remaining plug thinning, if needed, midscalp density and if anything is left sprinkle the crown.

I am taking the conservative route with session sizes so I will not need to get buzzed or as we have seen lately, the possible risk of taken too large a strip of donor. We will see how my laxity is by next year. When is it safe to start scalp exercises, six months or so?

NoBuzz

Buzz--- sorry I haven't chimed in on your pics buddy!!!!

You are looking great buddy!!!!!!

I am glad that Dr. Vogel is taking care of you and I trust that your results will be "spot" on =)

I am glad that you are posting your progress as it shows the "other" side of hairloss and what some of us have to go through to achieve a non-balding look.

I am wondering about your thought process as you eye the future.

Are you going to hit 2500-3500 on your next one?

Anyway, congrats on addressing your plug issue, happy growing, and spread the hair love!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks for posting the updates, Nobuzz. Looks like solid work and is healing nicely for you. Looks like you got a little more than you were planning on.....which is nice!! Heal well and quick, my friend!!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Thanks my brothers in hairland! It really means a lot to get support from you all. Things are healing well.

B-Spot - I would love to make my next session my last one, if donor allows and I can get that many. Midscalp and maybe some crown next session. As you can see with the recent problem with Nan, taking too much donor can be risky. We will cross that bridge when we come to it. I do think I will need another 3K to get the density in the midscalp.

Hairbank - Thanks my friend, you are the voice of reason in this hairy jungle! Thanks for all of the support and info you provide.

Your pics look great - you must be very happy with your results!

NoBuzz

• Administrators

Nobuzz,

Thanks for sharing your photos, experience and your advice many times on this forum. I share everyone's positive respons to your surgery. It looks like you will achieve a natural hairline and frontal third with this most recent session.

I do hope that finasteride does help you in the crown. It will be interesting to see how much it can do for you in one year.

Best wishes for great growth. Your healing looks excellent.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

It's a month now so by summer you will have the Gorpy look. Hope life has returned to normal. How is the incision feeling? Is the hat going to be a thing of the past?

I had consult with Shapiro and there was talk of taking about 6-10 of my micro grafts out but leaving the plugs. I have a couple of stragglers that have a mind of their own and were never placed properly. I was told that they would just probably laser them out. Not that you ever want to waste any hairs but figured it would be the easiest since it is a small number. Have you heard of this method?

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

HK,

Thanks, I am anxious to see the final result although I am sure another round will help. I am in this for the long haul! By the way, your surgery with Dr Siporin looks solid and the scar looks like a clean closure, good luck my friend!!

NoBuzz

NN,

I will send you a PM to answer all your questions. Yes, one month has passed. I have no pain other than maybe a pinch in the donor at times which feels like the hairs from the tricho closure trying to grow thru the scar. Kind of feels like an ingrown hair, no big deal. Recipient area doing well, no pain, hair looks about how I was pre-HT minus a few plugs.

NoBuzz

• 3 months later...

Hey All,

Today is my 5 month mark - I just updated a few pics. Overall things are coming along slowly, my scar is doing well and I am hoping for more thickening over the Summer. Thanks for your support during the doldrums.

NoBuzz

Looks natural.I have seen that pattern on non- H/T guys. Heck of a road you were put on. So when is the hat burning ? : )

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.