Celebrity HTs

Teddw2ds

Paul

That is an interesting theory, but one that I have a hard time buying. I think it's probably just the skill (or lack thereof) of the makeup artist for that show. I've seen him in other shows (Oz on HBO for example) and his hair looked thin, but decent.

I'm not sure something like hair concealers would be used as a character device. It's just not something that most viewers are going to be paying attention to.

Wow, I just saw Joe Biden on CNN this afternoon, and it's obvious that he's had some repair work done! A couple years ago, his HT looked so awful, and it was among the easiest to spot. Today, though, it looked softened up quite a bit. The hairline was much more natural looking, and I think he's not dying it anymore, and that helps, too. But mostly what I noticed is that the plugs are gone, and the stark contrast between the transplanted area and the almost nonexistant bald patches just behind the hairline is now repaired. he actually looks decent these days.

I always wondered about Miller after he was comparing himself to Brian Billick of Baltimore in a Monday night football game a couple years ago.

Both have some similarities in background and miller said "one chose the comb over and another plugs.....to each their own"

Billick was the king of the comb over so I thought Miller was admitting to having work done, but he looks pretty good if so. Any thoughts?

Yes, Dennis Miller has openly admitted on HBO to having a hair transplant. He was asked how he spent his hiatus, and he replied that he used the downtime to get a HT. No secret about it. And I think his looks pretty good too.

I have wondered about him, he has awfully thick hair in the front ?

Often you dont see a part, maybe a good Hairpiece ??.

Or -

Maybe blessed by God and just has some great naturally ocurring hair ???

NW

He wears a rug. Trust me...I know this only because a buddy of mine was actually the Executive Producer of that ridiculous show "Walker Texas Ranger". His Dad was actually the producer. I previously lived in Dallas before moving to San Francisco, and I was actually on set for that show more than once in Las Colinas....where much of it was filmed. I met Norris more than once....and that rug was good, yet plainly obvious to those of us with "hair problems". We can always pick out the rugs!

My first "suspicions" occured while watching his exercise gig with Christy Brinkley. While she served as a pretty effective distraction, I was pretty sure I could tell.

I became pretty much convinced when I saw him interviewed on FOX. It looked like a completely different head of hair. Maybe the other one was in the wash.

Uncjim's Journey

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

I don't know about him. I looked through publicity stills from his films going back several years at www.imdb.com and he seems to have a pretty consistent progression of his hairline. I don't think he's had anything done.

Do you have photos that would suggest otherwise.

The side by side of Matt M. sure removed all doubt!

Haha, no celebs here, but I'm almost positive that 2 of the managers I know have had HTs where I work. Their hairloss is just too unnatural. Haven't "checked for scars" though.

It is kinda funny that I even worry about someone asking about my HT and there those "leaders" have terrible ones just advertising themselves to others constantly.

I guess it is a lot about attitude at that point.

And I'm sure that most people don't know that they've had bad HTs. They probably wonder why their hair looks weird, but don't know why.

I wonder if they have any idea on me? Hehe.

One guy sports a "helmet of hair" and the other looks like he was NW3, had a little "bolstering" done, but then proceeded to NW6.

Ahh, don't feel bad for them. They seem to be doing just fine. All attitude at some point with them, I guess.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Thanks for getting off-topic Vocor. That actually reminds me of a tale I have been meaning to relay and have just kept forgetting.

I was in Dallas a couple of weeks ago, and at one of the bars I went to, our bartender had such an obvious HT, I almost wanted to give him Dr. Rose's number and suggest he get it fixed. But I know that would be mean and he probably doesn't even think it's that bad if he's going out in public like that.

But he had very short hair, so the donor scar was quite apparent... even in dark bar lighting. The hairline was dense and solid, and all too straight, thining out as it moved back towards the crown. The placement had no irregularity to it at all, and that's just not the way God puts hairs in our heads. I pointed it out to the friend that was with me, because he knows about mine, and I was shocked... he asked me how I could tell!!! I guess only those of us who have been through the process or are considering it are so eagle-eyed. Perhaps that's why so many bad ones seem passable. Who knows. But on this guy, I thought it was painfully obvious.

A couple to add to the list

1) Steven Siegal, the martial arts/action movie star-- has had many HT dating back to the 1980's-- recent repair work and his slick back style looks good.

2) For you football fans, Barry Switzer has had HT--with limited donor hair his HT style is a natural aging look-- he had HT in the early -mid 90's right before he became Dallas Cowboys head coach--for the time the mini/micro's look good but FU would look a lot better on him.

3) Finnally, I was watching TBS sports last week and college football studio host-- Brian Bozworth "The Boz" had a nice head of hair which is styled great-- given that 2 years ago when he was an XFL TV commentator (that failed pro football league formed by the WWF) The Boz had real thinning hair with receeding temples and 50% coverage on the crown, and now with the nice du, its apparent he had HT and it looked awesome-- his syle is combed forward and nobody would know unless they knew how he looked a few years ago (but then again it could be that MM shampoo-- ha ha)