HT w/Dr. Hasson - Nov 6, 07 - 3800+ grafts

Trimox

Just wanted to say that this was my first HT. The experience with Dr. Hasson and staff was incredible. Couldn't have asked to be treated any better. Plus I got to meet Bobman. That guy had a better hairstyle then I ever did as a kid icon_smile.gif. Very nice guy and glad I got to see up close the HT and results..

I have created a web blog to help document where I've been and going. The night of surgery I had absolutely no pain or discomfort. And ended up getting the recommended hair wash the next day. I opted not to wear a hat or bandanna since the healing process is more important then scaring a few people at the airport.

Did my best to wash the donor area today with a bit of numbness throughout the area. Just going to relax for the next few weeks.

Just wanted to let you know that my web blog address below was available for anyone else interested in HT.

I'll contact H&W today to get some more photos to post. I'm not the best at photographing icon_smile.gif.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=397

My Hair Loss Weblog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Victor Hasson

Looks great man !!

Just be patient now!!

Joe

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thanks guys. I also wanted to say that this website and forum are the reason I felt comfortable enough to do a HT. It's a godsend for the hair challenged heh. Keep up the great work!

Trimox-

Looked at your pics and cannot believe how clean it looks. I am sure you are really excited. Couple of questions:

1. How did you decide on the number of graphs?

2. How long are you taking off of work to heal?

3. Are you plannnig on additional sessions?

Thanks,

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Very clean work as usual from Dr. Hasson. It looks great and I'll bet you'll be pleased with the results. I can believe how clean it looks at the day 2 mark! I'll bet you're psyched.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Very excited!

The # of grafts was determined by Dr. Hasson to create a new hairline and mid-section. I may or may not have to have another HT for the crown in the future <just started proscar to hopefully halt/regrow>. I wanted to leave enough in the donor area for "just incase".

I took off a total of 20 days post-op. I'll post my return to work pics in a couple weeks so you'll know what others see on my return. I haven't told anyone so we'll see if anyone says anything icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Eman:

Trimox-

Looked at your pics and cannot believe how clean it looks. I am sure you are really excited. Couple of questions:

1. How did you decide on the number of graphs?

2. How long are you taking off of work to heal?

3. Are you plannnig on additional sessions?

Thanks,

Eman

Been updating the weblog. Need to get some more batteries after they died today.

You guys think everything is healing up OK from the pics? <doing my best with the cleaning>. I'm noticing a lot of peeling and shedding already at day 7. Is my body in overdrive healing or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif, entering the doldrums a bit early I guess heh.

My weblog link:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=397

Trimox,

Everything appears to be healing very nicely - especially only for day 7. A few more days, the remaining scabs will most likely be gone.

Shedding can start to occur in some very early. I don't know exactly what you are doing - but as long as you aren't picking at the scabs, you are most likely doing everything just fine.

Bill

Thanks Bill, was talking with Jotronic earlier and everything appears good icon_smile.gif

I've been very careful about the grafts like everyone said to be. I cut my nails down as far as I could so I wouldn't be tempted to pick scabs heh

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, like I said I'd post on my return to work day. My web log is updated. I went to work today looking like I did on Day 19, however if you read the blog for Day 20 (today), I came home after work and shaved it down to a #1 clipper setting ala Bill.

I think it looks great from all angles, now if I could just hide the scar icon_wink.gif

Trimox-

At 20-days it looks really clean. Your buzz cut looks really good too.

From what I have read and seen, your daily blog and finally the 20-day entry, it really is not possible to go back to work and not have people notice that clearly something had been done. That has been my concern all along. I wish I could just take a sabbatical and then come back during the doldrums where you essentially look as you did prior to surgery.

Thank you Trimox for sharing with us and I hope you continue with your personal story.

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Thanks Bill and Eman,

I've only had one coworker ask me about the scar, the funny thing is she didn't even notice my new hairline cause she thought maybe I had a tumor or something removed after seeing the scar heh..

Today I'm really starting to notice the shedding. But I gotta say, it was a fun sneak preview!

Eman keep us posted on when you do the HT!

• 2 months later...

I'd say right around day 92. That was the first time I got comments from somebody at work. I actually got comments from two different people that day about how thick my hair was getting..

Looking forward to the journey over the next few months..

I believe the Proscar is helping with my existing hair. I've noticed a HUGE difference in the quality/strength of my existing hair on top/crown and sides/back. As you know I let my hair grow out 2-3 months before surgery from a 5-6 year head shave style. The pics from Pre-HT on my existing hair and now 3+ months on proscar really show a huge difference. Wish I had started sooner icon_smile.gif

Thanks again!

Trimox,

congrats! Must be thrilled.

I can't wait to see this grown out.

Must be torture, trying to have patience during this period.

I love H&W's results and they are my #1 choice; but I have some concerns that maybe Jotronic (or anyone) can address. In the second picture of your 2 Day post op section, the scar appears to go pretty high. I don't want to take away from either your thread or your excitement because Im sure your going to look AMAZING in a few months and I will be struck with hair-greed;

but how does the doc make the judgment call that this particular patient won't lose hair in that region at a later age?

I ask this here, because Trimox and I are the same age and I would like to go to H&W but this is one of my concerns going for a huge amount of grafts.

For comparison/contrast, how does the doc know (approximate) that Trimox or someone like myself will not end up in this advanced state in 10, 20+ years:

http://hassonandwong.com/patient_gallery/photo_viewer.p...ansplant_type=normal

the patient above appears to have loss in an area where other (younger) patients have their strip removed. the third pic in the above link really demonstrates how far down they had to "bridge" the top and sides. this would consume a TON of grafts to match the density at the sides; that is, if a patient has the donor left at that age.

any thoughts?