graft count

I was wondering if there is any way to know for sure that you are getting as many grafts as you are getting charged for in a large session? It seems like with your head numb and on valium that you could never count how many they are really doing..and with shock loss after the procedure ..i don't think you could ever prove that you got cheated some...or that they "accidently miscounted"

I was wondering if there is any way to know for sure that you are getting as many grafts as you are getting charged for in a large session? It seems like with your head numb and on valium that you could never count how many they are really doing..and with shock loss after the procedure ..i don't think you could ever prove that you got cheated some...or that they "accidently miscounted"

I concur, Pushing 40! In reality, the only way you'll know for sure is to count them yourself icon_wink.gif. This is why the ethics and reputation of the clinic are so important when considering a HT.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hi

Good thead. This also can be relavent when we talk about splitting FU's..Do you get charged for the FU's or the splits? Same amount of hairs but BIGGER price ..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Great question,

I know my second HT with Elliott and True, Dr Halford had an assistant count with a clicker each time he made an incision. It made me feel better knowing they had some procedure in place but honestly, you are at the mercy of the doctor/clinic and hope they are on the up and up. I trust most are.

NoBuzz

Interesting question--- first and foremost, I truly believe if you have to ask those questions while considering a doc or clinic, then that answers the question, IMO.

Secondly there seems to be two schools of thought here, with regards to better or best clinics.

1. Completely informed patient, desires each and every detail of each surgery, asks pertinent questions, not afraid or intimidated to ask about staff, placement, distribution, hairline design, etc... Often tends to be a very exacting patient.

2. Completely informed patient, who knows as much as anyone, but once a decision is reached leaves most of the technical aspect to the chosen Doc and is not as concerned with all of the "stats."

Both are results driven, but go about it differently.

There is sadly the 3rd guy who looks in the Yellow Pages for the local HT quack.... I hope as time goes on, this type of patient lessens to a greater degree.

BTW--- How are you looking these days Lon? Would like to see some pics buddy!!!

Take Care, J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hi

Dr True uses a tape recorder and speaks into it after every hundred to keep track.. Very smart and good way to keep the patient informed

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Well I ask that because I have learned not to trust anyone when it comes to money. People are in this business to make money. Not to be Noble.the more money..the better..and most all Look and sound professional. You just have to take that chance I guess...I honestly believe people are cheated out of grafts more than we suspect..just being honest.

Anyways..I had my second HT(Feb 22nd) and will post my results in 6 months.I had 2400 grafts done this time.

..the hairtech of Villnow MD was counting the incisions.

After that he was counting the fuegrafts when he was working with his fuedriller from the olddays!

Prr, prr, prr, prr, prr 10 fuegrafts in less then 10 seconds!!!!!!!

A FUE7000 is possible in one day?

Greatings Hairobservator

7000 FUE's in one day?

1st HT 1-5-05 - 1894 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

2nd HT 12-18-06 - 1542 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

Total: 3436 FUT's

Current Protocol: Propecia Daily, Laser Therapy EOD 20 mins.

Guys let's be real.

Anyone who says they count them themselves while being operated is crazy. You are sedated,can't see, and how the hell will you know exactly? I've had three procedures and it would be almost impossible to count. Also Orion brings up a good point. No way to tell what is planted. It has to be trust .

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hi

There has to be a level of trust now. Go to a good doctor in the coalition and I'm sure they will have some sort of system..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Just curious, I think the most common cut from the donar area is 1 cm from ear to ear. For a person with average density, about how many grafts would that yeild?

Should be about 20-25 cm long

Average density is about 85fu's cm.

Low end---1700 grafts

High end---2200 grafts

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.