1 year down

Glock08

Bill:

Sorry...I forgot without a comment my signature wouldn't show. Posted a bird's eye and another back photo. My 10 year old took the photos so I have to lean down for her to get the top.

NoBuzz:

I had a pretty big strip taken so I don't know what's left over in the tank. Not to mention, my hair count @ 4k+ grafts yielded what 2500 does for most.

I am still dealing with the damage I caused to my scalp from the hair system attachments (IE.. pimples and ingrown hairs..Hair growing out like corn stalks) 1 year later.

My transplanted hair came in slowly and is straw like in texture..hopefully this will subside in the next few months. The Propecia and Rogaine seem to be really kicking in..my NW6 horseshoe is filling in as well as the areas where the hair system was attached.

Yes..I would like to get another HT if my donor permits, but will probably wait another 6 months so I can get a true strategy. Since I am making some gains on the drugs....it could ultimately yield a smaller HT session.

Thanks for the comments.

Glock08

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs

Originally posted by Glock08:

Bill:

Sorry...I forgot without a comment my signature wouldn't show. Posted a bird's eye and another back photo. My 10 year old took the photos so I have to lean down for her to get the top.

NoBuzz:

I had a pretty big strip taken so I don't know what's left over in the tank. Not to mention, my hair count @ 4k+ grafts yielded what 2500 does for most.

I am still dealing with the damage I caused to my scalp from the hair system attachments (IE.. pimples and ingrown hairs..Hair growing out like corn stalks) 1 year later.

My transplanted hair came in slowly and is straw like in texture..hopefully this will subside in the next few months. The Propecia and Rogaine seem to be really kicking in..my NW6 horseshoe is filling in as well as the areas where the hair system was attached.

Yes..I would like to get another HT if my donor permits, but will probably wait another 6 months so I can get a true strategy. Since I am making some gains on the drugs....it could ultimately yield/equal a smaller HT session.

Thanks for the comments.

Glock08

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs

Glock,

I think that is a good idea to wait until this HT fully matures and your previous scalp damage from the hair systems heals fully. Also, your donor laxity may return and you can see if the meds keep producing for you.

Again, you look like a new man, how did your family/friends react?

NoBuzz

Awesome

Nice work by Dr. True~

Your hair texture will smooth out. I noticed a considerable amount of added fullness up to 14 months or so.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Glock,

Truly awesome change. I'm so glad for you that things have worked out as well as they did. You have a lot of coverage for the number of FU and hairs. Dr. True did an excellent job.

I believe that your plan is very sound. Give it a little more time for things to mature. I would guess that the hair will actually soften a little with time. You may find that you are very satisfied with the way things turn out and not even feel the need for another procedure. You have come such a long way. Take care friend.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Nobuzz, Mrjb, Folica and NW5a:

Thanks for the comments...the reaction has been positive. I was ready to settle for a more conservative hairline but the Dr and my wife decided on this..good thing I was out voted 5-1 (you have to be married to appreciate that one.) I also lost about 35 pounds so most people comment on how I look younger from the weight loss.

I'll see what the next few months or so does for fullness. It was my first HT and by no means do I have a full head of hair---but , in all aspects, it's been a life changing experience since August of last year.

I wish you all the very best as well. Happy growing.

Glock08

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs

Glock,

Wow what a tremendous difference! Congratulations on a truly superb outcome. I can only wish for such a result for myself. Now I bet you're very glad you decided to ditch the hair system and go through with it. Also the weight loss is definately beneficial as it further contributes to making you look younger.

Phil

Hey Glock,

You are looking great Mr. Handsome! Congrats on your weight loss too. You have a nice base established, whether you want more fill-in is more optional than mandatory. You won't need another mega session. Your should have plenty of donor supply to cover your needs. We're all happy for you.

Originally posted by Janna:

Hey Glock,

You are looking great Mr. Handsome!

Ok..I'm blushing.. Janna..thanks for the continued support and listening to me whine that it wasn't growing fast enough. I'm glad to hear that you think it looks like I have some donor left. I would definitely like to have a little touch-up work done.

Pcc: Thanks man....shedding the hair system was the hardest part..the HT was the easiest.

Gorpy:

Thanks..I just hope my HT looks as impressive as yours someday.

Glock08

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs

Slow and steady does win the race, I am adding dr.True to my short list after seeing your results & Mrjb seems to really like his results also...who's the first pic of gallery...your dad?

Seriously looking ten years younger G8 you must be ecstatic - the hairline looks very nice...if you desire you have some serious reserves to dense the forest up.

Cheers

Baycholar

NW5a:

I don't have the measurement... and the pictures are about 1 week after I shaved my head. I believe a good amount of perimeter hair has re-grown from the Propecia and Rogaine...I'm using the Rogaine front-to-back. Would I be a 5v /5a if I let it grow out a year prior to the HT? (looking like that for a year wasn't an option for me).

The weight loss?....When they know you by first name at the Chinese Buffet, it's not a good thing. Dieting and my running has led to the 35pd weight loss. Looking to lose another 15..see how that goes.

Rhodeman:

Thanks...just think I was weeks away from a scheduled HT with the RI Doc...think the results would be the same?? Not.

Bay:

Lol...I was actually too embarrassed to post those pictures previously...but I figured now I can say, it's not me!

Cheers

Glock08

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs