How Far

How far are you all traveling for your transplants. The closest recommeded surgeon to me is Dr Limmer and he is 471 miles away in San Antonio.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

How far are you all traveling for your transplants. The closest recommeded surgeon to me is Dr Limmer and he is 471 miles away in San Antonio.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

I think I travelled about that far to get to Dr. Ron Shapiro in MN.

1st HT: 3271 Grafts (6167 Total Hairs) with Dr. Ron Shapiro on 15 Jan 2009: 31cm length strip x 1.75cm width (1's - 835, 2's - 2000, 3's - 412, 4's - 24)

2nd HT: 2631 Grafts (4574 Total Hairs) with Dr. Ron Shapiro on 10 Aug 2010: 34cm length strip x 1.7cm width (1's - 943, 2's - 1440, 3's - 241, 4's - 7)

Since some of you are traveling great distances, can I assume you went into your initial transplant procedure with only a photo consultation until you arrived at the office. If this is so, was there a great deal of difference between the photo estimate and the face to face consultation. It would cost me around $200 to fly into San Antonio for a consultation, and I was wondering if people considered this necessary.

Hi Dazed,

Definitely don't be afraid to travel to get the best results. A 2 hour flight is actually easier than a 471 mile drive and most Dr's will pay for your hotel and possibly some of the travel. I traveled to Arizona and had my HT done by Dr. Alexander (check out his work here). I actually liked the fact that I was out of town for a couple days and I stayed at the Ritz for free icon_smile.gif (ok maybe not free since I was paying for an HT). I wore a hat on my return trip home and it was a piece of cake.

Good luck and choose wisely. I think Maxxy may setting distance records :-)

Dazed,

I was quoted 2500 grafts via photos and recieved 2381.

I personally would have traveled the 500 miles for a consultion, if there was a clinic in the UK I felt comfortable with.

Flyby,

Good luck and choose wisely. I think Maxxy may setting distance records :-)

If its for the record I'd like to add the 281 miles from Newcastle to London - which I had to travel to for flights haha ;-)

dazed,

location of the doc should have little consideration in your decision to go to a specific doctor to get a ht; you will be willing to travel to the other side of the world to get a repair; sounds like you have a coalition doc who is fairly close though(under 500 miles);

The coalition doctor(Dr Limmer) who is the closest to me has an excellent reputation. My travel, compared to what some of you have done is nothing. If people are willing to travel long distances with only a photo consultation I guess I shouldn't be so worried.

mmhce, that is a pretty gutsy move, and you did it without a face to face consultation. Was the transplant you received in line with your expectations prior to the procedure, or did you need more transplants than originally anticipated?

Leeson, your hair looked great to me in the pre-op picture. I don't know what you hair looked like before the procedures, but you are a great example of what transplants can do.

hey guys

Firstly , and this is the number 1 rule of hair transplantation

NEVER LET GEOGRAPHY DETERMINE YOUR CHOICE OF SURGEON .

Secondary , to answer your question , I'm from the UK and after 2 years of research and two less than impresive UK consultations ,

I travelled a total of 7380 miles round trip , starting from East Yorkshire to London on train , then Heathrow , London to JFK airport , New York and back .

7380 miles in total , and this was the day after I had a leg brace removed after horrific motorcycle accident .

I did this after researching , and being confident enough in my choice of surgeon to place my complete trust in Dr Feller .

I think the results speak for them selves , here is a link to my 15 month progress

http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/143109821

Thanks for reading

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Richie, your hair is looking very good. I am impressed with peoples commitment to travel to get the best procedure.