My HT with Dr. Feller

RK

Hello Everybody,

I had my HT done yesterday by Dr. Feller. Like many people here, i also had very good experience with Dr. Feller.

I do not want to make this post so long by writing all the things i went through while my surgery. Because so many people aready mensioned about it here which helped me alot to understand the procedure and prepare myself. Everything went normal as expected.

Dr. Feller wanted to do 2800 grafts session on my front 1/3 of the scalp. But i asked him to cover my top as much as possible. And i told him, if i want more hair i would do that in my next HT. He agreed for it.

My density may not be great like he usually do for all other patients. But according him, i got an average to good density.

Here are my graft counts:

Total Grafts: 3200

1's - 15%

2's - 70%

Multi's - 15%

I have not yet requested Dr. Feller for my Pictures. I will do that today. But i have few "immediatly after procedure" and "next day" photos taken by my mobile which i am attaching here.

Please provide your reviews and feebacks on this.

Thanks,

Rk

Image012.jpg.e59f8ddcdc57c4f8b2d43ca450c51de5.jpg

Looking good RK. Is you top shaved down or are you just about slick on top? I know Dr. Feller shaves the recipient are but I can't tell if you have any native hairs up there.

I probably agree that in the long run you'd be better off by densely packing the front, but I'm like you in that I've always wanted as much coverage as possible.

Luckily I'm a diffuse thinner, (ha, never thought I'd get a chance to use that in a sentence), so I've still got a little hair on the crown area.

I know it doesn't bother some guys, but to have a densely packed hairline for a year and then going back for the back 2/3 later would make for a long year or two for me.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Thanks for that Dewayne.

I have some native thick hair in the front as a small circle. But do not have anything left for the remaining area. See the attached pre-op picture. You will get some idea.

Anyhow, do you think this desity would give me an average look (I mean can i hide my scalp with out showing out with a good hair style)

Original.JPG.5ac91676ca69241ee5880bf781aa2ce9.JPG

3200 grafts is nothing to shake a stick at .. i'm sure you will have a nice result and foundation for a future(s) procedure

good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

that looks like a great starting point. although it might not be super dense you'll be psyched to have hair again and a nice hairline. if i were you i'd plan a 2nd op to add more density and finish off the crown. congrats and good growing to you!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hey that's pretty good photo work for a camera phone.

Here are some photos that I took that may be a bit clearer.

Any fine hair or peach fuzz RK had on his head before the procedure was shaved with a straight razor right down to the skin. The ONLY hairs standing up on the top of his head in the operative photos are TRANSPLANTS.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Grow well RK.

Dr. Feller

Looks good indeed, however the hairline doesn't look typical fellerization. It looks more linear and straight. Was this by patient request or doctor recommendation for patient characteristics?

RK,

Looks like nice coverage for 3200. How did Dr Feller say your donor was? I'm anxious to see how you look, I have a very similar amount of loss.

Anouar,

I do not exactly know what are the densities at different zones. But over all it is 40 to 50 FUs per sq.cm. I may be wrong. Dr. Feller can answer than perfectly.

Rambler,

I requested Dr.Feller to distribute my grafts all over my top. Because of that he may choose that way or He said my original hair line was there before, so he might have choosen to go along with that.

Nj,

My donor area is very dense but less laxity. so that he could able to get only 3200 grafts out of it. i may get the same amout for my next HT also.

• 2 weeks later...

I am 10 days post-op by today. I visited Dr.FELLER today for my staple removal and a general checkup. Everything looks great till now. The only discomfort i felt in all the process is sleeping first few nights and itching after 1 week around my donor and transplanted area. Dr.Feller is also very happy with my healing process. I will create a blog with the pictures today. Here are some pictures of my transplanted area. I do not have the pictures of donor area now. I will try to upload them later.

Image016.jpg.4625c1ed11ed9f5f46378ab124ddf188.jpg