Any recommendations on docs who do hairline work who don't have to shave your head

I'm 20 months from my first HT w/ Dr. Hasson and things look decent. I'm contemplating a 2nd HT to fill things up nicely in the hairline. Who are the hairline experts? And are there any surgeon's that don't need to shave your head to do the procedure? I only get a couple weeks of vacation and my work go for the HT haircut. Any suggestions?

0.5 mg Avodart daily since 6/19/06

1950 grafts with Dr. Hasson in the front line 6/19/06.

I'm 20 months from my first HT w/ Dr. Hasson and things look decent. I'm contemplating a 2nd HT to fill things up nicely in the hairline. Who are the hairline experts? And are there any surgeon's that don't need to shave your head to do the procedure? I only get a couple weeks of vacation and my work go for the HT haircut. Any suggestions?

Dr. Cooley doesn't make you shave head OR have blood work.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by PLEASE GROW PLEASE:

Dr Hasson is a very good surgeon but if you cant go back or ,check out Ron Shapiro. I just got back From SMG tuesday and they didnt shave me and hes one of the leaders in hairline design and Im sure they could work around your hair without shaving. Pm Janna on here She will take good care of you

Thanks! Dr hasson is an excellent surgeon and i have a great result from him for my first HT. I really can't do the whole shave head thing again bc of work. the first time around i had like 6 weeks of downtime so it was a non issue thanks again for the reply

Growplease,

I'm glad you're happy from your first procedure with Dr. Hasson. Depending on what you are looking for in a second procedure we may not need to shave the recipient area this time around. If interested, give me a call or drop me a line and we'll discuss it.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks, let me rephrase my question....is there a universal language as to how hairtransplant doctors count the number of grafts per session? is it by the number of hair transplanted, or the number of units or by the number of incisions made on the head? can a doctor or an expert please answer my question.

hey sorry I didn't mean to post on your discussion, I dont know what happened.... I had mine done by doctor meshkin and he didnot shave my head, why did dr. hasson shave your head was there a good reason? does he shave all his patients and why?

No he didn't really tell me why he shaved the recipient area, I just assumed it was easier to work with. I thought he shaved all his patients

H&W shave the recipient area to get a better read on the angle of hair growth; thereby minimizing the potential risk for transection and shock loss.

if a patients recipient area has a significant amount of native hair and it is unshaved, then the mere handling of it during the procedure will at the LEAST cause temporary shock loss; and in the WORST case scenario, the native hair could be transected during the procedure which could ultimately cause PERMANENT shock loss.

-HENCE-

the shaving. A small and temporary price to pay for the upswing of potential benefits.

Here, here!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by Bill:

albal,

Dr. Hasson posted his reasons for shaving the recipient area on our forum. I have thus created a hair loss Q&A blog out of it.

Read Dr. Hasson's reasons for shaving the recipient area here.

Bill

well ain't that something....This new set of info. is pushing my 2nd HT farther and farther away till i get some down time...

Jotronic just told you to give them a call ,so why wait . Trust me theres a good chance after the transplant your going to want to shave it anyway because more then likely your existing hair will look thinner after the surgery .

This is probably going to happen no matter how careful they are.

The constant pushing and pulling on the sites to keep them open and all the combing through and just the whole procedure will cause some shedding or shockloss.

So chances are they might not know you had a transplant keeping the hair longer but they will probably notice that your hair just noticably thinner. Though we know that just temporary.