Dr. Feller selected for Coalition Membership

• Administrators

Those who are long time regulars on this forum are probably familiar with Dr. Alan Feller's reputation for providing ultra refined results using both strip and FUE procedures. He has specialized in Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) since 1994 and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) since its introduction in the U.S. in 2002.

Dr. Feller has embraced and implemented many of the techniques he first saw Hasson and Wong using in 2002 and now provides large ultra refined hair transplantation with excellent results.

Given Dr. Feller's commitment to using ultra refined hair transplant techniques and his proven track record, he is among a small number of hair transplant physicians who qualify for membership in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. The membership requirements for the Coalition are by far the highest in the hair restoration profession and require a proven ability to produce ultra refined results on a consistent basis.

Recently he was invited to become an elite member of the Coalition. Feel free to reply to add any comments that you may have regarding his acceptance into the Coalition.

To learn more about Dr. Feller visit his Coalition membership profile.

To learn more about the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians and it's very demanding standards view the membership standards.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

Those who are long time regulars on this forum are probably familiar with Dr. Alan Feller's reputation for providing ultra refined results using both strip and FUE procedures. He has specialized in Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) since 1994 and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) since its introduction in the U.S. in 2002.

Dr. Feller has embraced and implemented many of the techniques he first saw Hasson and Wong using in 2002 and now provides large ultra refined hair transplantation with excellent results.

Given Dr. Feller's commitment to using ultra refined hair transplant techniques and his proven track record, he is among a small number of hair transplant physicians who qualify for membership in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. The membership requirements for the Coalition are by far the highest in the hair restoration profession and require a proven ability to produce ultra refined results on a consistent basis.

Recently he was invited to become an elite member of the Coalition. Feel free to reply to add any comments that you may have regarding his acceptance into the Coalition.

To learn more about Dr. Feller visit his Coalition membership profile.

To learn more about the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians and it's very demanding standards view the membership standards.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Yeah I don't see any reason for Dr Feller not to be apart of the coalition. In fact he is usually the Dr we refer about when we say that there are excellent Dr's outside of the coalition.

His results speaks for themselves and he has the added benefit of being a regular poster (compared to other Dr's).

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Congrats, Dr. Feller. You have certainly become a distinguished HT surgeon. I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting one of your patients in person, but hope to do so someday soon. The pictures certainly show some phenomenal work.

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

I approve of Dr. Feller. I like someone who can stand to be critiqued by people like myself who are from a different background and profession. I also like a guy who can take some different views and not get caught up with only his view, regardless of how successfull one is. In short, I think we as a community and Dr. Feller will benefit from his addition into the Coalition.

You know, pretty soon, were going to have ALL of the top doctors here.

Congrats Dr. Feller!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Administrators

I was confident that members of this forum would give the thumbs up on Dr. Feller. With him now in the Coalition, I'm actually pretty content with the current membership. Frankly, the few "big name" physicians who grandstand online and who are not recommended on this community are ethically compromised in my opinion. So I simply refuse to recommend them on this site.

But now the dream team is in place and I'd do surgery with any one of the Coalition docs.

In the future I plan on posting to ask for input on this forum before adding any new physicians for the Hair Transplant Network or the Coalition. I would really appreciate everyone's input in the future before any new physicians are invited to join.

I also take input from patients regarding removing physicians from this site very seriously. Those who have been on this forum over time know that physicians have been removed when patient feedback revealed any short falls.

I consider the members of this community to be the Legislative branch of this whole venture. Multiple surgically restored heads are better than one, right?

Onwards and Upwards, Pat

My Hair Loss Blog

Knowing this only reinforces my decision to consult with Dr. Feller. I'm calling tomorrow to schedule a consult and then I'll hear what the good doctor has to say. This is comforting news indeed...a coalition memeber that is now within auto-travel distance from me. Nice.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Congrats to Dr Feller, he deserves this very much, i have enjoyed his contribution to the boards of recent, he is not only a great surgeon from what i have seen but he also has a tremendous way of expressing himself for all to understand.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• Administrators

Michaellovesnyc,

The membership standards page on the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center does detail the criteria that physicians must meet to become and remain a member. It also mentions that members do pay a membership fee to support the web community and its promotion.

I think the membership standards are actually ultra high and very few hair transplant physicians/clinics have the demonstrated mastery of large sessions of ultra refined grafting and proven ethics to qualify. In fact last year I decided not to renew six former Coalition members when the membership standards were raised in March 2005 to require members to provide large ultra refined sessions.

I feel strongly that the stricter standards will make the Coalition much stronger and provide a real benchmark gold standard for both patients and the hair restoration profession.

Some times you have to prune a bush to make it more strong and viable for the long haul.

I have no intentions of diluting this ultra high standard for any clinic for any reason. And I know those on this community will be watching to make sure I don't.

However, as clinics meet the challenge of moving from standard follicular unit grafting to larger sessions of ultra refined follicular unit grafting they will be eligible for membership.

If we demand and expect only the very best then clinics will have to rise to our expectations and standards. I saw this happen several years ago when the Hair Transplant Network was new and advocated follicular unit grafting over the 500 to 600 graft sessions of "mini/micro" graft sessions that were the norm at that time.

Patients got smart online and demanded the larger follicular unit sessions and went only to the top physicians who embraced this patient friendly procedure. The follicular unit procedure was harder on the clinics but easier on the patients. But those clinics who roled up their sleaves and went the extra miles are today the big names on this site.

This evolution took a few years. But patient demand based on knowing what to expect drove this change.

I know that Hair Transplant Revolution - version 2 - is now well underway. And once again most clinics are balking at the idea of having to have a staff of 8 or more people working all day to place vastly more grafts into much smaller incisions all in one day.

The bar has gone higher and we the patients know it. But most clinics so far aren't willing or able to stretch high enough to clear it.

I say, let's keep them jumping.

My Hair Loss Blog

The rules are quite clear: Consistantly perform ultra-refined follicular hairtransplantation or your out/not getting in. No amount of money will change that, nor will bad results.

Pat does all of the ground work here by visiting clinics and observing surgeries and talking to patients in person. Once he decides a doctor meets the criteria, that doctor may OR may NOT be invited to join the Coalition. Once a doctor accepts the invitation, he or she will be subject to the scrutiny of all of our members. Regardless of how much a surgeon currently pays or wants to pay, if they do sub-par work, we as members will call them out, and Pat will act accordingly.

So to answer you question about the independence of this site, I say to question the site is to question ALL of us, and since I can GUARANTEE all of us are not getting paid, I think it is a safe bet that the integrity of the site, and Pat for that matter, is above reproach.

2 cents.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

No Prob!!!!! MLVSNYC!!!!!!! When you state it that way, I read your comments in a much different manner. I am not sure if anything is posted on the site itself, but I am sure Pat will see this thread and offer some insight!!!!!

Anyway, I am glad that you feel differently about the site now. What is happening here is important, as is every members input.

Talk to you later icon_biggrin.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs