3280 grafts with Dr. Feller.

Orion

hey all...popping in for my 7 month update. Happy to report that my hair seems to still be improving. More thickening going on now and I think I'm still getting more growth but its hard to tell really. What really matters is things keep looking better as the months progress so thats a good thing. My new camera doesn't have the ability to throttle back the flash so my top with flash pic seems a bit overexposed. Cant seem to match the same lighting as last month but these should do. The no flash pics show how well the hair is thickening. The only thing annoying me is growth and thickening is happening very unevenly. Some areas seem to be progressing better than others and naturally you begin to feel like maybe some hair was not implanted in those areas. Oh well just have to remain patient Thanks for looking icon_wink.gif

month_7_top_with_flash.JPG.912214a24e937136e6c0dcfb7963c513.JPG

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orion, Big change from month 6! The front view looks great. You should be happy with the results. I hope I am as lucky! But your hair is of good quality for HT.

happy growing! icon_smile.gif

Orion,

I looked back through your blog and see a lot of progress over the last month. There is something to be said for the advice of "being patient" that many posters on this site advocate. The uneven growth can be annoying, but I think that this will balance over time - my right side is ahead of my left side.

Keep on growing!

Bayer

• 1 month later...

hey guys..little late with my 8 month results..things are looking pretty good on top..little more thickening I think. However my hairline is still a bit thin. Was hoping it would have thickened up by now. Not sure if it will. Anyway for the most part im happy.

P1000887.JPG.95687e35a301d29b06f2dc02d4d2096e.JPG

Looking good

I have continued to improve post 1 year. for me, 14 -16 months brought extra fullness and maturity ( my hair of course haha)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Orion,

For the number of grafts you received and the amount of loss on your scalp, I'd say at 8 months your results look phenominal.

Yes, the front isn't perfect right now, at least from the pictures. Try taking some photos in natural lighting without flash and see how it looks.

Of course, you will have continued improvement, thickening and softening over the next several months.

Bill

Thanks MRJB....hope I continue to improve as well over that course of time...glad you did

Bill: thanks for your response..yeah the top is turning out better than i thought. I remember Feller telling me as I was done with the surgery that my hair type will almost double the effectiveness of the amount of grafts I got...guess he was right icon_smile.gif I'm hoping the front will continue to improve and yes the lighting was tough for the frontal shot I will try another shot. Like I said it really doesnt look that bad in real life. Some pictures have a way of bringing out a lot of detail.

• 7 months later...

Hey Guys...

I've been gone for a while but I was bound to make it back sooner or later with my 1 year result pictures. Although it has been around 16 months already I thought I would first inlcude my 1 year results. I have current pics I will add soon as well. I changed my hair style so the latest pics may look a bit different. This is how I've been "styling" my hair lately icon_wink.gif I must say the hair really did thicken in the frontal third region and with my new hairstyle it is literally impossible to tell I got any work done. The crown is still a bit thin but i've been using Dermatch and it works out great. Eventually I think I will go back to feller for one more procedure for the crown and be done once and for all. But for now I'm sure enjoying my new found hairline and hair style!! hehe...Hope all you guys are doing well and its great to see this site continuing to flourish. My best to all.

DSCF0197.JPG.603d75c7d02ff933ad0af56f78b933c9.JPG

WA--WA--WEEZA'!!!!

what a difference!

looks great!!!

how are styling options?

you gotta be thrilled

the difference is night 'n day.

Hey, I just noticed in your blog that you "tried propecia in your mid twenties" and it didn't seem to help.

Did you stop taking it?

if so, what did dr.F say about having a ht without meds?

I ask because there is discussion of this on another thread. maybe you can contribute your experience?...:

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/346...221043563#7221043563

thanks.

Yes I stopped Propecia around 5 years ago. I did thin out more after getting off the drug but thats not to say that getting older didnt have anything to do with it as well. I told Dr. Feller but to be honest I don't remember what he said. I do know that he didnt try to convince me to get back on it. I was experiencing "groin" pains while on Propecia so I decided to stop. Now I use Rogain 5% on the crown every night. Seems to be helping me keep what I have left in that area...barely. I'll read the thread sounds interesting.