surgery recovery time

guys looking to have some hair restoration, my hair is thinning and receeding onthe top. how long is the recovery before looking normal and getting back to work? also how fardoes this set you back 2-4 grand? i can post pics.

thanks,

ralph

guys looking to have some hair restoration, my hair is thinning and receeding onthe top. how long is the recovery before looking normal and getting back to work? also how fardoes this set you back 2-4 grand? i can post pics.

thanks,

ralph

Both questions depend on how many grafts you get and what Norwood you are..

Typically, you can go back to work in about 10 days and use concealer to hide the work ( if you don't shave your head for surgery)

As far as money, figure about 4-5 dollars a graft or so .

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Do you have any pictures? It will make it easier to help answer your questions. In terms of returning to work, what kind of work do you do?

Pricing is going to be determined as to how much qork you would like to have done. *Most* of the coalition Dr.'s charge between $4-$5 per graft. Some discount after 2K grafts...

Best this to do at this point is post some pics and get an idea of what your goals are.

I'am sure some of the more veteran members will post up and better answer your questions.

One last thing...the 'find' feature on this site works pretty well. If you search for any topic you have questions on, 9 out of 10 x's its been addressed. Before choosing a Dr. do lots of reading and look at lots of pics.

Good luck. You did yourself a tremendous favor by finding this site.

3147 ish) grafts Dr. Konior

No meds.

I work in the public eye and went back to work in 10 days. I had some native hair that did help to conceal things but if I were to do it all over again I would want a full 2-3 weeks off. Perfect scenario would have been longer. I looked like I had a bad haircut for about 6 weeks after the surgery due to differing lengths of hair.

When considering price always expect more so there are no surprises. You don't want to be disappointed with your results because you had less grafts to save money.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

yeah here are the pics just some radom ones that get the idea across, i work in architeture at a desk on a computer... i do interact with clients though. the weekends i spend the almost all the time outdoors jet sking and wake boarding in salt water environment and in sunny south florida. I don't think these conditions are the best for my hair but i am looking to fix it. let me know what you guys think 4000 grafts seems like alot i am thinking maybe less might do it for now. At least to get my hairline down on my foreheard where it used to be.

Originally posted by Burt1973:

Do you have any pictures? It will make it easier to help answer your questions. In terms of returning to work, what kind of work do you do?

Pricing is going to be determined as to how much qork you would like to have done. *Most* of the coalition Dr.'s charge between $4-$5 per graft. Some discount after 2K grafts...

Best this to do at this point is post some pics and get an idea of what your goals are.

I'am sure some of the more veteran members will post up and better answer your questions.

One last thing...the 'find' feature on this site works pretty well. If you search for any topic you have questions on, 9 out of 10 x's its been addressed. Before choosing a Dr. do lots of reading and look at lots of pics.

Good luck. You did yourself a tremendous favor by finding this site.

DSC09326.jpg.d8f08a8b63b9572fd56dbfbb10d7b5a3.jpg

With an estimate from the pic that you provided I would think that you would look great with approx. 2000 or less Fu. That would be to dense up current hairline and lower just slightly. Personally be very careful with lowering hairline in my opinion. You are young and several things can happen with your hairloss pattern in the upcoming years. A hairline can always be lowered in future when your complete hairloss pattern is established.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

yeah thanks i know will happen i'll loose even more hair and end up looking like my father. I also have a thining crown (the upper back part of the head) for less than 2000 grafts will they take a strip of do the FEU where holes are punched into the back of the head.

here is the back of the head

thanks,

n673226376_358076_9690.jpg.9a34257dea6ddeb392bcd3b1de8056a3.jpg

Rconce01,

Welcome to our community.

You have already received some excellent advice from many of our veteran members.

Are you currently on any hair loss medication? Propecia? Rogaine? Because of your age and low level of hair loss, I think that combining these two forces may help at the very least stop your hair loss and maybe even regrow some hair.

Keep in mind that though hair transplantation is an excellent option for qualified candidates, that it will do nothing to stop future native hair loss.

I'd suggest getting on Propecia and Rogaine (or generic finasteride and minoxodil because it's cheaper) for at least a year before considering a hair transplant.

Best wishes,

Bill

Rconce01,

Hair transplantation doesn't work like that unfortunately. In fact many who get hair transplantation done too young end up doing a number of subsequent procedures to attempt to stay "ahead of their hair loss". Of course, there really is no such thing as that - because hair loss is unpredictable, hair transplantation is not a cure for hair loss, and a hair transplant patient has a limited donor supply. Those with extensive hair loss can never achieve a "full head of hair".

You still have a lot of hair left and you are young.

I recommend reading the following:

Am I Too Young for a Hair Transplant?

What Should I Consider When Researching Hair Transplantation?

Best wishes,

Bill

Post operation, when you talk about using concealers?

are you talking about toppix and similar products?

or make up? if you get your hairline lowered, therefore not having any hairs to cover the newly transplanted hairs? would you need to use female make up/concealer on the scars?

Also as i understand it, transplanted hairs fall out, after 1 month...and then grow back a few months later. Do some not fall out during that month? or every single one falls out?

Bill

with the pictures on here (under the hair translant photo section), can you do a search to isolate particular hair characteristics ie

norwood 2, 1500 grafts...

hairline 2000 grafts? etc? Or you just have to search through them randomly?

When i have looked at the pics, they are not labeled very well, can you try and encourage people to label the pics like that? just so they are easier to sort through?

I just throught for user friendliness maybe you could standardise the way people label their photos. Or even if you just make a suggestion at the top of the page so people do it themselves.

Just my opinion.

Thanks

You do a great job on here.

ps - Sorry for hijacking this thread..

what do you think of laser treatments? i saw this thought it was interesting

(promotional link removed)

thanks,

ralph

Originally posted by Bill - Moderator:

Rconce01,

Hair transplantation doesn't work like that unfortunately. In fact many who get hair transplantation done too young end up doing a number of subsequent procedures to attempt to stay "ahead of their hair loss". Of course, there really is no such thing as that - because hair loss is unpredictable, hair transplantation is not a cure for hair loss, and a hair transplant patient has a limited donor supply. Those with extensive hair loss can never achieve a "full head of hair".

You still have a lot of hair left and you are young.

I recommend reading the following:

Am I Too Young for a Hair Transplant?

What Should I Consider When Researching Hair Transplantation?

Best wishes,

Bill

Lasers are a bunch of BS in short

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!