Not happy!!!!! Have i had all my growth???

ZAZ

Hi Guys,

Im 8.5 months through my first hair op of 3000 grafts, i was a norwood 5-6, i've had some growth but not as much as id hoped for

Im just wondering, am i being presumptious in assuming ive had all my growth?

My doc stated ive still to see 25% - 35% more growth over the next few months.

Is that true?

2ndly when should i go for a 2nd op?

Obviuosly i dont want 2 go 2 soon which may have a adverse effect

i'll be uploading my results soon so you can judge for yourselves

Thanks Guys

You should give your transplant at least a year to mature so you can properly asess your results. Before you can have another surgery, your donor zone needs time to heal, and your grafts need time to fully emerge from the scalp. The time frame for future surgeries is about one year post operative from the intitial surgery. However, if you're having grafts placed in an area that was originally untouched, six to eight months is likely an acceptable time frame.

Zaz,

I agree with Coligion that you should give your hair transplant a full year before evaluating the final result.

You are also welcome to post some photos of your scalp before your procedure and now if you want specific feedback from our members. Postoperative photos would help too so we can see where all the grafts were placed.

Hopefully in a few months, you'll have the results you hoped for. On the other hand, just know that given the degree of baldness, you'll probably need another procedure to acquire the coverage and/or density you want depending on where the grafts were placed.

Hang in there.

Bill

Thanks guys

Yeah i know that transplanted hairs will carry on maturing and getting thicker for many months but in general till when does avge growth continue?

As im 8.5 months will it also continue from now on?

Wot percentage should i be on at on avge at moment?

Zaz,

If you're a slow grower, averages won't apply to you.

It's really hard to comment without seeing photos. Can you provide a few photos before, immediately after, and of how your hair looks today?

Honestly, pictures will help us to see how much growth you've had so far and whether or not your expectations of your procedure is realistic.

Sometimes patients are unhappy because they've had less than optimal growth and other times they are unhappy because their expectations of their procedure were too high.

Bill

Please Wait. Your request is being processed...

Logout: The Hair Restoration Research Forum

Update LiveCloud Account Reply

if thats 3000 grafts at 8and a half months i believe there is aproblem slow grower or not .these are the post op pics at 8plus mos.right? i would contac your doc asap.it looks as nothing was done .sorry for comments .just being honest. goodluck

Originally posted by ZAZ:

Yeah the above pics are PRE OP pics (before my hair transplant)

I ll be uploading the latest 8.5 months photos shortly

How extensive is the loss on the above pics and how many grafts would i need for good coverage?

Where did you have the 3000 grafts placed? Did you and your doctor try to spread them out evenly across your scalp, or did you focus solely on the front/crown? If you want decent density, I'd say you'd have had to use those grafts either in the frontal 1/3 to 2/3 or entirely in the crown to achieve proper density.

ZAZ,

Can you post some photos of your scalp immediately after surgery and then photos showing what your hair looks like now?

Before pictures only give us an idea of how much baldness there was to cover prior to the procedure.

Do understand that if 3000 grafts were spread out over a large balding area that density will be lacking. Usually in patients with as much baldness as you have (me included), one has to sacrifice either coverage or density. It's difficult (sometimes impossible) to achieve both. For instance, I've had 9600 grafts over 4 procedures and my hair is still thinner in appearance.

When you take a look at the numbers, it takes approximately 22000 to 27000 follicular units to restore a full head of "true density" hair on a Norwood 5A. To adequately provide an illusion of density across the entire balding scalp, you'd need 50% of that which is about 11,000 to 13,500 follicular units. Therefore, 3000 will only do so much.

I'm not saying you don't have more growth to come. I'm only trying to help you understand what can realistically be achieved.

I imagine at the very least you have a little more growth and thickening to come. Once we see photos, we'll better be able to assess the growth at this point.

Best wishes,

Bill

Zaz,

The photos are pretty low quality. But I do agree hair growth at this point seem rather sparse. Have you shared your concerns with Dr. Mohmand?

My hope for you is that you're a slow grower. In my opinion, be sure to express your concerns to Dr. Mohmand as well. Dr. Mohmand cares for his patients and stands behind his work. Thus, I expect if your results are less than optimal in another 4 months that he'll do all that he can to help you.

Note: I will be sending Dr. Mohmand a note about this thread so that he can offer his input. I assume you'll be willing to give Dr. Mohmand your information and permission to share his input on your case?

Thanks,

Bill

Dear ZAZ

I was asked by Bill to respond to the thread that you posted.

I do not remember your name but if you said it was me I am the person where the bug stops.

Now reviewing your pre op picture in this thread you are type VIish rather than Vish. Then the second thing that you ust know is you have a very broad forehead as well. If I am not wrong and we measure your forehead it should be at the least 14cm wide, now if we do measure the depth it will be again about 15 cms and probably i would have sread it to make the base by about 10 cm. So we are looking at about 150 sq cm area. If I use 60% in front 5 cm that would be about 75 sq cm and then divide 1800 grafts by 75 we are looking at 24 grafts/sq cm. SO yes it will be sparce. I agree that it would not look very dense. If You agree that we discussed that you would need minimum of 6000 grafts to have a decent effect then we are still short of 3000 grafts and that would be in second session to say the least. So unless we do not complete our journey of 6000 grafts that would not be fair to judge me cause I would spread according to the final plan.

HAVING SAID ALL THIS

I am always available for you. If you feel that the results is only of 2500 grafts for example, I gurantee 90 to 94% result. so that is only 83% growth and about 10% less than I gurantee. SO here is what I do for all my patients irrespective of who they are. I will give you 10% complimentary cause I faild to deliever and 10% as a compensation. That means 20% of the grafts would be complimentary. That will be about 600 to 700 Grafts complimentary so if we are doing another 3000 then you would be paying only for 2400 to 2300 at the max. If you tell me or the forum tell me you are only 50% o the 3000 grafts then all 3000 would be complimentary. 50% that I owe you and 50% as compensation.

I have build this rule as a consumer protection plan of my clinic so that you as an end consumer should not loose the money at the least.Its for your protection against my greed if there is any and it a double check on myself to know that if i fail to deliever i will loose money rather than earn money. This way you will nevr loose money and I will never loose my reputation.

As I always say, I work for my name and reoutation not money, its a by product of my name.

You will find me always standing beside you all along the journey of hair transplant.

In any surgeons live we cant perform 100%, so I develop this system. Last year I did 800 surgeries and in last 12 months I had to give about 12 patients excluding you some compensation.

There is an article written by Dr Parsley in hair transplant forum international of ISHRS about the causes of reduce hair growth and one is called X Factor.

irrespective of the cause I am there for you.

Just come back and we will make you happy as I have done in the last 9 years of my carrer.

No Body leave my clinic unhappy.

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Hi DR

I appreciate the response, yeah the best people to judge whether it is a good result or not are the coalition people such as Bill who have a wealth of experience.

Dont get me wrong, im not upset by the result so far and i appreciate the area to cover was vast as i was a type 5a ish and yes you did state that i would need 5000-6000 grafts to get a decent level (70% - 80%) coverage

However i do feel it couldve been better maybe im wrong?, thats why i asked if i had all my growth or was this all of it

I appreciate ur offer and would like to take it up if the general view is it couldve been better

I would like experienced members of this forum to offer there views on my result thus far so i can make a informed decision

What do you guys reckon to my result thus far, could the result have been better for 3000 grafts?

and how many grafts do you reckon is the result so far?

Thanks dr for your response

Zaz,

3000 is minimal for your level of hair loss, the doctor was spot on - you need 6000-8000 to achieve excellent density.

Thus, after 1 year or more it would wise to schedule another session.

Also in US dollars how much would 3000 cost?

Best of luck.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Dr Humayun is one of the most value for money surgeons in the world

If im wrong the dr can correct me, however according to my experience the dr charges 60 pakistani rupees per graft

1 dollar is worth approx 83 rupees at the moemnt

So 3000 grafts would be $2200 usd at the most

Thank you, that certainly is a fantastic price! For 3000 in the US you are looking closer to $10,000.

I would wait till you are about 14 months, then go in and have him work between the previous grafts with another 3000, if possible.

Best wishes.

Originally posted by ZAZ:

Dr Humayun is one of the most value for money surgeons in the world

If im wrong the dr can correct me, however according to my experience the dr charges 60 pakistani rupees per graft

1 dollar is worth approx 83 rupees at the moemnt

So 3000 grafts would be $2200 usd at the most

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE