ProHairClinic 6 months update

IrishRover

Hi All,

This is my first time posting here. I was really hoping for a little advice off some of the more experienced people in here. I'm a 28 year old lad who had a HT done in May of this year. I had 2001 grafts added to the temples and the forelock area. It was my 2nd procedure in the temple area, the first one was 2 years ago, a strip procedure, and I had just 1200 grafts. I was hoping to add some density to the area and consign my toppik to the bin. But, 6 months after the op, I've had little to zero growth.

I'm just wondering, is this unusual and should I be worried? It was an FUE procedure.

Thanks! (Pics are attached. They are pre-op and immediately post-op. I'll have current pics up asap)

1.jpg.0d3dab2c47327a810f7c9c5f00d4b0d5.jpg

Sorry, just to clarify. All the photos posted so far are from my first op. The ones with my hair grown are just before my second op and the ones with my head shaved are just after. I haven't take any pictures since. As soon as I have access to a digital camera, I'll put up photos showing how my hair looks now. It really is almost identical, which is really worrying.

Not to be mean but it looks like the growth isnt very good. Pre op pics would help though.

Have you talked to Bart about this.

Its only 6 months so you could be a late bloomer.

Prohairclinic [bart /owner] does alot of talking but their results are like Armani , hit and miss.

The ONLY good thing about Armani is they are always offering free touchups since poor growth seems to happen alot with bigger fue sessions.

I see your concerned but there no much we can do since they are not recommended here.

We can try and give you some good advice so dont feel shy to ask.

If you want to go back for more fue I would look at Bisanga or Mwamba who are far better choices then prohair

Originally posted by PLEASE GROW PLEASE:

Not to be mean but it looks like the growth isnt very good. Pre op pics would help though.

Have you talked to Bart about this.

Its only 6 months so you could be a late bloomer.

Prohairclinic [bart /owner] does alot of talking but their results are like Armani , hit and miss.

The ONLY good thing about Armani is they are always offering free touchups since poor growth seems to happen alot with bigger fue sessions.

I see your concerned but there no much we can do since they are not recommended here.

We can try and give you some good advice so dont feel shy to ask.

If you want to go back for more fue I would look at Bisanga or Mwamba who are far better choices then prohair

Hi PGP, I believe Irishrover hasn't posted any pictures from his 2nd procedure yet (only pics just after the transplantation, the bald ones), so we can't really judge anything.

The pictures shown (with long hair) are from his 1st procedure and then it's difficult to draw any conclusions (if it was a succes, back then). Perhaps he's been getting more bald over the past few years.

As for Prohair, they have good results indeed but if any clinic in Belgium is close to Armani then it should be the clinic of Dr.Feriduni.

You know him ?

They are way more expensive than Prohair though. icon_smile.gif

Your right NW2 .

He says there is no growth from the fue so I would still contact Bart and voice your concerns.

In alot of cases no growth at 6 months doesnt mean doom and gloom.

I havent seen Feriduni fue but my Armani comment wasnt a positive comparison.

Bisanga and Mwamba blow Prohair out of the water.

2nd HT and you still haven`t learned!

You can`t get quality HT in Europe and yeah Devroye and Farjo patients are gonna say they are ok and its true these 2 docs have ok results but not great!

How could you not see the hairlines of Dr. Rahal, Dr Feller and H&W?

How could you not calculate that paying in USD comes so much cheaper?

I went from Portugal to Paris, Paris to Montreal then Montreal to Ottawa for 625??????¬ return

After paying for the HT with one of the World top surgeon it came down 20% cheaper then doing with Dr Farjo or Devroye!

Why are people that visit this forum still doing HT`s in Europe?

I guess it`s great for Rahal,Feller and H&W as they get more repair work!

Originally posted by Portugal25:

Why are people that visit this forum still doing HT`s in Europe?

We rather keep our money and spend it in Europe instead of wasting it on travelling, hotels etc etc like you did.

This is just pure ignorance.

You won't find any good surgeon in Portugal, correct, you have to go abroad (Germany, Belgium, Turkey).

There are some fine great surgeons in Europe..

Irish would you consider making a web blog for your pictures? That way you can label them all so there is no confusion. I hope you are a late grower. I'm at 4.5 months and I want more growth to come as well. From what I read people should be at 90% growth at the 12 month mark so we both have more time. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

You can`t get quality HT in Europe and yeah Devroye and Farjo patients are gonna say they are ok and its true these 2 docs have ok results but not great!

Portugal,

You are entitled to your opinion, but it's completely misguided. There is plenty of evidence on this forum that a few leading clinics in Europe are doing work on par with leading surgeons in North America.

In my opinion, Dr. Farjo(s), Dr. Feriduni, Dr. Devroye, and Dr. Kulahci are first-rate surgeons. To see examples of their recent work and patient comments, view "Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Cinics".

You can also see the highlights from Pat's visitation and observations of 3 of them in live surgery by clicking "Visits to Leading Hair Transplant Clinics".

Bill

Well said Bill,

Dr.Feriduni is a top notch surgeon. It's absolutely a disgrace to say that you can't do a good HT in Europe, while a surgeon like him is working in Europe.

Of course, you need to know where to find the right clinic/surgeon though...

True NW and Bill!

I am not that well informed and can only speak on a general basis but when I was doing my research most of the amazing hairlines results did came from those 3 Doctors!

I could have done an HT closer to home in Europe but most of the top Doctors do claim they have a lot of European repair jobs!

I think that statisticly speaking top USA and Canada HT doc`s do provide much higher HT outcomes, am I wrong by saying this??

I hope not cause it took me 17hours to get to Ottawa!!

Speaking of money I can say that all the quotes I got in Europe for 3000grafts were over 35% higher than going with Dr. Rahal

I Love Europe but why do an HT here and pay 35% more when I can have a USA or Canada Top Doc do it for less?

I actually met a fellow from Portugal last week. Everytime I assist Italian patients there always seems be be othe patients from other parts of europe. At the end you need to research and choose the doctor that you feel most comfortable with regardless if they are in Europe, America or Asia. Many top doctors have different approachs so you have to figure out which one you feel more comfortable with. At the end its your money.

For 7 years I have been saying that a poster that first posts then gets a transplant and shows his results carries the strongest merit with me.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

For 7 years I have been saying that a poster that first posts then gets a transplant and shows his results carries the strongest merit with me.

Lorenzo,

I couldn't agree more. There's nothing like following the journey of patients who document their monthly progress with pictures. This is how I myself even became involved on this forum, though I think by the time I posted the first time, I already had my first transplant a few days prior.

Portugal,

I agree that the majority of first-rate clinics are found in the United States and Canada. But that's also what makes the few stand-outs in Europe, Asia, and South America so prominent.

At the end of the day, I too have my subjective preferences and have chosen my doctor(s) for my own reasons. But, I'd be just as comfortable with any of the doctor's I mentioned in Europe as I would with leading clinics in the USA and Canada.

Best wishes,

Bill

I would never consider an HT in Europe when the Pound is worth 86% more than the Canadian Dollar!

Hurry and get those Canadian HT`s while you can still afford them!

Remember there isnt any real choice for FUE in Canada is there (I dont rate Armani) ,not everyone wants a strip taken out of their head.You have more choice in Belgium for a first class FUE than in Canada at present. Their is no point travelling halfway round the world when you can get just as good a result in Europe is there. Also the pound is at a 6 year low gainst the U.S dollar so a procedure now is alot more expensive than 6 months ago!!!. This all counts. I prefer to jump on the train and be in europe in 2 hours feeling relaxed.

HT 2006/7

Very true TC!

If I was doing FUE I would go with Dr. Feller but after looking at Dr. Ferundini, maybe I would consider staying closer to home...

I would love to see more work from this doctor as there are many FUE results from Dr. Feller and still only 1 strip photo from Dr. Ferundini

I think you need to at least look at 6-8 different, patient results photo albums of the same grafts you need in order to decide if you like the Doctors work and there aren`t that many Doctors with these aumont of posts, on this and hairloss help forum.

So the choice will always be narrowed hence my quick judging on choosing a HT doc from USA and Canada.

Originally posted by Portugal25:

Very true TC!

If I was doing FUE I would go with Dr. Feller but after looking at Dr. Ferundini, maybe I would consider staying closer to home...

I would love to see more work from this doctor as there are many FUE results from Dr. Feller and still only 1 strip photo from Dr. Ferundini

I think you need to at least look at 6-8 different, patient results photo albums of the same grafts you need in order to decide if you like the Doctors work and there aren`t that many Doctors with these aumont of posts, on this and hairloss help forum.

So the choice will always be narrowed hence my quick judging on choosing a HT doc from USA and Canada.

I have done a fue with Dr.Feriduni. 2500 grafts, with a mature hairline.

I have done crown and front hairline restoration. I only have pictures from after the procedure. If everything grows well, I might consider a small second procedure, just to make it perfect.

check it out.

nw_2,

Congratulations on your hair transplant with Dr. Feriduni. Since he's been wowing this community with his first-rate strip results for several months now, it will be interesting to see some of his FUE work.

I encourage you to create a new photo album to share your photos and story. That way, you will be sure to get more replies and attention. Feel free also to create a free hair loss weblog to document your progress with photos.

Best wishes,

Bill