Should We Continue Regularly Scheduled Live Chat?

Hello everyone,

We are going to host live chat tomorrow evening 11/26/2007 at 10:00pm EST. I hope to see you all there.

The last few times we have hosted live chat however, it seems that the group has gotten smaller which leads me to believe that people are losing interest.

So my question is - what do you think? Should we continue to host live chat?

I am toying with the following ideas:

1. Hosting live chat once every other week or once a month as opposed to once a week.

2. Changing the date and/or time of live chat in order to give others a chance to join

3. Do away with regularly hosted live chats. Of course, the chat room would always be open to those who would like to use it - but oftem times, without a regular schedule, the chat room is empy.

For those of you who give suggestions about keeping live chat, I hope that you'll consider supporting it by joining the session.

Your opinions are wanted.

Bill

Guest wanthairs

i think live chat is great. Ive just been busy the last few times. Also it would be nice for the Doctors to battle it out a bit, such as large session vs small sessions etc etc or laser comb debates etc etc...I think we would learn alot more if some opposing doctors decided to go head to head....instead of being too scared to debate each other on their multitude of different opinions that confuse and baffle alot of us....

Hi Bill,

I think it may be interesting to have the live chat a bit earlier to allow members on this side of the Atlantic to participate. I believe there is enough interest to warrant trying this for one session at least.

Would suggest 19:00 or 20:00 EST.

I realize there could be an issue with people not being home from work... icon_eek.gif

My 2c,

hs

These views are from my own learned experience. I am NOT a Doctor, but people say that I do look like one from a distance.

I think the idea of live chat is an awesome one, please dont do away with it entirely. My suggestions for increasing interest (its out there, I'm sure, I showed up for the first Tuesday after I heard about it and 3 people were in chat, while the week before over 20 were!)

Here ya go:

1) Change the chat to twice monthly, that gives those people time to think about specific questions they want to address.

2) Get as many of the medical professionals involved as possible, so that during these chats they will be available

For #2, it will be up to the forum community to convince them to be there to answer our questions.

Hi Bill, icon_smile.gif

I think the live chat is a great idea. However, since you asked, I find it hard to answer or ask any questions. I can't think or type fast enough. If I get pulled into a private chat, it's difficult to get back into the main chat room discussion without having to go back and read what was discussed. By the time you read the previous discussion, the topic has changed and you're feeling like your still one step behind. Sometimes there are two or three questions asked at the same time and I don't believe all questions are addressed. It would be nice to have one question at a time. I don't really have a suggestion for how to go about having it be a little more organized.

With the time zone differences, an earlier time slot would be great. Maybe alternate the times every other week? Just my thoughts. BTW, I commend you for all the time and energy you put into this forum.

Bill,

As I'm in the UK the current time doesn't allow me to hook up. If you can compromise the time then I'm sure you would get some of the European members keen to join in.

I have read some of the transcripts and it does seem like a useful exercise, particularly if 1 or 2 of the Drs. or reps can make it along.

Re Janna's point, I can imagine it gets a bit hectic and time pressured particularly for the likes of Janna and the docs as they are the most in demand. What about confining each weekly chat to predetermined topics? The agenda can be set a day or so prior to the chat with input from those who are likely to attend. Often there are 2 or 3 hot topics being discussed in the forum during the week and perhaps these can be picked up and discussed further during the chat.

"Plan for the worst & hope for the best"

Bill,

I agree with most of the above comments. I personally believe that it is a great idea and has definitely been a success, but at times it is a little chaotic and if done weekly might start getting old. Some thoughts:

-as Janna stated. Possibly keep things to one topic.

-maybe just once per month

-try to moderate so that one question per time

-have Crouse be moderator icon_smile.gif

You have done a great job with it so these are just some ideas to make it even better.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90