Someone has been at DR. MWAMBA

nw2

I will do a surgery at Dr. Mwamba, can someone tell me about his results, is he also good as Rahal, i will do my hairline and templeregion.

Please tell me about his work?

greetings nw2

Dr. Mwamba was a partner/apprentice of Dr. Cole, right? And I think it has been quite recent that he has gone solo; as a result, it may be difficult to find a wide, clear body of his work. He may or may not be an ethical, world-class HT doc as far as I know; PGP has certaintly seen some "nice results" from him, though. But, how *sure* can you can be of his skill and ethics, as compared to say Rahal.

I would definitely do a consult w/ him, and make sure to look closely at a wide body of his work. How confident you are with him compared to Doctor X, and how highly you weigh travel -- or the lack thereof -- will prolly' mold your ultimate decision.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

You will need to visit other sites for a show of Dr. Mwamba's work.

However, may I suggest doing a consult with Dr. Bisanga?

He does fue and strip as well-- and it is always a good idea to check out more than one doc.

Good Luck!

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

nw2,

Welcome to our forum community.

Dr. Mwamba has been mentioned on this site as well as others. Feel free to use the "find" feature of our community and search for this physician's last name.

I also believe he only does FUE/FIT work.

Dr. Mwamba does or did work with Dr. Cole as far as I understand. In my opinion, ethics has long been a question regarding Dr. Cole however, I don't know much about Dr. Mwamba personally other than by his association with Dr. Cole.

If you however are considering strip, Dr. Rahal is definitely a good choice.

Best wishes,

Bill

i only want to do a fue, i think bisanga is also a good doc, but i heard about some bad patient after care treat.

so maybe there is someone out who knows about mwamba personally, the pictures of his work i saw in this forum.

Thanks for all the fast replies, but i want someone who has been in mwambas clinic and give me some infos.

i will not come to usa, it?‚??s not possible because of time.

and rahal is very good in fut, i will do fue.

thanks nw2

Fal - Mwamba is a good guy. Never heard anything to suggest poor ethics (although I understand why you mentioned it).

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Originally posted by NW5a:

In Europe u can find some docs, who are doing FUE!

Mwamba, Heitmann, Bisanga, Feriduni and in Turkey there is Keser or Koray !

Do more Research, perhaps in other Forums, too.

Good luck

I just want to add 2 docs : dr. De Reys and Dr. Ilter, both FUE only docs.

Interesting to notice that out of the 8 names mentioned in this message, 5 are performing in Belgium. Obviously it makes me proud that being a Belgian myselve such small country has become the European headquarter for HT !

Just to illustrate how small country Belgium is :

You could visit ALL institutes mentioned here in 1 day !

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

H Bverotti

i think you claiming Belgium is the european hq for ht`s is incorrect.In Belgium you have lower overheads to most parts of Europe,which in turn makes it cheaper to set a practice up and more does not mean better.More choice obviously.

I do however like the results your drs are producing.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Bill - I knew, and know, you were not blashing Dr. M icon_smile.gif Just adding my .02.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

nw2,

Our legal consul has advised us, as the publishers of this community, to limit any mention of Dr. John Cole publicly due to previous legal threats.

However, his patients are free to detail their actual experiences and results on our forum. Unfortunately some of these patients have not felt comfortable or secure in posting critical comments publicly.

Bill

i searched for a year, had enough online consultans in that time but i was told in the end that mwamba is the best in fue.

now in this forum people recommend other docs but i?‚??m in this forum since 2 weeks or so.

i only ask because people here recommend some others that?‚??s the only thing.

• 1 year later...

Hi nw2

I had a 2,350 FUE procedure with Dr Mwamba back in the end of July 2008.

I have had 3 previous H/T's in the uk and was left in a pretty poor state.

Dr Mwamba was a real gentleman. He and his team worked on me over two consecutive days 9am - 11pm. They were competent, skillful and caring.

The first thing that gave me confidence was the amount of time Dr Mwamba spent planning my hairline. He had to try to disguise the plugs from the previous transplants.

I am now 5 months post op so I will take some pictures to show the results so far.

My objective was for him to restore a more natural looking hairline to frame my face. I don't mind so much about my crown.

All I can say is that Dr Mwamba has given me my life back. I am over the moon with the results so far. But I guess others will better judge the results when I post them.

I will post my whole experience with Dr Mwamba later.

Chris

Mwamba used to be Cole's lackey. They butchered some poor fellow. Mwamba was posing as a doctor at Cole's clinic. Mwamba eventually had to flee the US so he can practice medicine abroad.

I emailed Mwamba several months back and asked him why he operated on that poor fellow. Below is Mwamba's response. If you don't believe this is his actual response, then ping me and I will forward you the email also.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting me through my website.

I understand your anger after reading the blog.

I am a doctor and I never claimed to be licensed in USA to practice medecine.

I was assisting all the time my former boss performing the duties of a tech:mapping the floor,cleaning instruments,cutting grafts,placing grafts,etc...

I was giving advice to patient as a patient coordinator ( or consultant as the word is used in this field).

Those are the facts.As an assistant they taught me all the intricacies of the procedure.

My apology if I hurted your feelings.I responded to you because you contacted me in private.

You will be your own judge.

God bless you.

Dr Patrick Mwamba

The research I did on Dr Mwamba prior to going to him brought up the issue of him not having the relevant paperwork to practice in the US.

He is however a qualified doctor and regardless of his role with Dr Cole he is his own man, and has the necessary skills. It's a shame that Dr Mwamba's rep should be tarnished by another Doc's reported misadventures.

Can you PM me the details about the patient you mentioned that Dr Cole butchered?

Regards

Chris