2249 FUT grafts - Dr. True - NY

Hey Jo20,

yes, I have heard Shapiro is very good. Financing is available through some clinics I believe, but the best thing to do is probably, if you have good credit, pay for it on a credit card, and then transfer it to another credit card that offers special financing like 4.9% interest for the life of the balance type things. That's basically what I did. If you don't have such high limits on a credit card, consider a personal loan through your bank, etc. Financing is available for just about everything. Hope that helps.

Bill

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added 4.5 month pics...I figured...what the heck. Let me know what you think. I'd say I see small differences over the last 2 weeks...for one, I let the top of my hair grow every so slightly while I'm still trimming the sides and back...I figure I'd let the top grow in a bit...I'll probalby still shave it down to a 6 clip 7/8 inch instead of a 4 clip 1/2 inch as I've been doing.

Bill

Comments? Questions? Anything!

Hey Bill!

I think it looks a little thicker when it's a little longer in your pics. Could also be your hairs are just starting to thicken up more. You can see a lot of the hairs in your 4.5 month pics but they are appearing fuller in the newer pics! Should just continue to get thicker in the upcoming months! I am letting my hair on top grow longer as well and it is looking much thicker, will post some new pics soon. Congrats and keep them updates coming!

I have to admit...I'm not as happy as I thought I would be by this time...however, I know in the scheme of things, it's early...but it's discouraging because at 4.5 months after my first surgery, comparing pics, I don't see a huge improvement between the pic comparisons. I wish I could say i did...but that has me a little discouraged. I know every surgery is a little different so I don't know what exactly to expect over the next couple months. I did experience significant shockloss from this surgery, so perhaps I lost a lot more native hair which is why there is only a slight improvement between surgeries so far...OR, perhaps there is much more to come that hasn't grown in yet. I don't know. I emailed Dr. True to ask for his evaluation. i'm not unhappy from what I see...but I'm not as happy as I would like to be...but then again...who is? I think my expectations are realistic...I know I will never "restore" a full head of hair...but I was hoping that my next surgery would focus on my crown, whereas, IF it doesn't improve a good amount, I will probably be shooting for a half and half larger session (if my donor hair allows it) focusing on densing up the front and putting a little more hair in the back. Any thoughts?

Bill

to be honest your crown doesn't look to bad in the pics. I told myself that i would do the front half first then see what I thought and maybe do the back later. And I am pretty happy with the front and will be going in next time to do the midscalp area towards the crown for my last HT. I know I need to wait a year to do it though and that gives more time for the front to fill out. Same with you, this is your second and it will take longer to see growth for sure, you're only 4.5 months out, I think you will see continuing improvement on the front, I think your hairs will definitely continue to thicken and will be better at the 6 month mark, then even better at the 9 month mark. Basically am saying is way too early to judge the results. this is your second and it is totally different than the first as far as growth, trust me! maybe at 9 months you can start making options for the future and what ya want to do but you are only half way there! hang in there

Well, 4.5 months post-op is a bit early to start getting discouraged. Remember also that subsequent procedures typically take a bit longer to thicken and mature than the first.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Thanks for your reply Robert. I guess comparing the 2 surgeries, by about 4.5 months, I was seeing some real changes, whereas, this one, whereas some real changes occurred, it looks but a hair better than the first one did at this time...but I just have to remain patient I know. Robert...so what do you think of the results this early on?

Bill

Bill,

Just from taking a look at a couple of the pics you have in your gallery, the evidence is there that there is improvement. Check out these two photos of your hairline; one from just before your second procedure and one you posted at 4.5 months post-op:

Before 2nd procedure:

9541070291_C6082902DBD6859EBED7A5CAF15DCDB9.JPG

4.5 months post-op 2nd procedure:

1641070291_4267F91F16119A848099BBB1AC294DC7.JPG

Your hairline is already clearly more defined and bolstered in an extremely natural and flattering manner, in my opinion. In the months to come, the grafts will take off a bit more and mature and you will see some more thickening.

I'm not just blowing sunshine your way. I honestly believe that you have some more growth coming your way and you will end up happier than you appear to be at the present.

-Robert

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

What is interesting is the HUGE difference between the 4 month and 4.5 month photos. There's still a lot happing there Bill. Hang in there.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Thanks Robert for your input and displaying the comparison pics. I guess when I do compare the pics like that the difference is noticable indeed. Thanks for your encouragement. I'm sure I will see more activity than I have right now...I'm just impatient sometimes I guess.

Gorpy...I don't think there is a huge difference between the 4 month and 4.5 month shots, but I guess it's a matter of perspective. The pics posted above are the difference between before the 2nd HT and 4.5 months. However, there is some difference...but I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder eh? Thanks for the encouragement Gorpy icon_wink.gif.

Bill

Bill:

Thanks for the updated pictures...your scar is invisible & your hairline looks great--congrats!...as you know the grafts/hair will continue to mature, thicken, & give you additional fullness...I'm certain that your pictures & posts have definitely helped many people who are thinking about HT surgery...continued good luck & growth in 2006!

Mike

Thanks for the encouragement Mike. The scar definately is looking good...I was worried at first, because as you can see from the first pic, it wasn't looking so hot...but the scar is fine and hard to see now.

I am looking forward to the coming months...there are still a few new hairs that have popped up but have yet to do any major growing, and of course, I'm looking forward to the thickening and maturing process of the hairs. I've felt a bit more comfortable without a hat, but I still will be looking to do one more surgery in about 8+ months or so.

Bill

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Bill,

I think I notice the most recent improvement between your 5 & 6 month pics from the "top" view. It looks like the angle of your head may be slightly different, but the 6 month looks thicker.

Everyone's experience is different, but I would guess you'll still have some new ones sprouting and some definite thickening in the near future!

Robert's post should be an encouragement you............what a difference!!

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hairbank

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks guys....I definately feel encouraged. I actually went to a party for the first time this weekend without my hat. Somebody asked me if I dyed my hair...which was funny, because I don't dye my hair...but it was nice to get a question like that about my hair rather than a bald comment or no comment at all. Of course, since I shaved my sides and back to a 1 clip, the scar is a bit noticable...not terrible, but a few people asked about the scar. I just said I had surgery, and left it at that. Most people don't ask further.

Yes, there are still new hairs growing in on the hairline...but they seem to be growing in VERY slowly for some reason. Has anyone else experienced that? some hairs grew in very quickly, while still others have been stubble for a long time, with no to little improvement in length or growth. But I am definately feeling the improvement.

I did grow my hair on top a little longer...I'd say it's about an 8 clip now 7/8 inch, maybe even a full inch. I don't think I'll grow it much longer than this, I think I like to keep it short...it's fitting for me now. But I am looking forward to some more thickening.

Thanks everyone...I will keep you posted. Hope to hear some more replies.

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

Bill, I see some good improvement. Especially between months 6 and 7.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

• 1 month later...