200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

• 2 weeks later...

Verbal update:

This is, rather than pictoral update: Some new hairs have sprouted this week...nothing worth posting...but at least it gives me a slight better shadowing affect behind my very thin frontal hair. I'm hoping that the next month will bring some good fruit. I'll post some 12 week pics tomorrow or sometime this weekend. Tomorrow is exactly 12 weeks, so it's very early yet. 3 months will be next week.

Bill

Hey Bill, keep your chin up buddy!!!!! We are all waiting for you to sprout!!! Can't wait to see the pics.

I am 12 days post op, so I will be shaving down soon and showing my scar...... I will be entering the "waiting stage" myself......

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I just posted a 12 weeks pic of the top. It's still way early, but I can see some difference between 7 weeks and 12 weeks. I would say from 10 weeks to 11 weeks to 12 weeks there's been a little difference each week....but compared to the 7 weeks pic, looks like there is a difference yes?

What does everyone think for only 12 weeks? Thanks

Bill

Bill,

Hard to say with those photos, man. But look at it this way: it's 12 weeks on your second procedure. The fun isn't even supposed to be starting yet. I know its hard not to do the whole "hand check on the little hairs" dance 5,529 times a day, but I'm thinking that in another month or so you'll be doing the happy dance.

Happy sprouting, bro!

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Yep, there appears to be a good covering of hair in the crown area in the 12 weeks picture that wasn't there in the 7 weeks picture. Is that shaved/shocked hair that's grown back? I doubt that it could be transplanted hair growing already? Anyway, definately more hair, so you are going in the right direction icon_smile.gif

PB

Hey PB,

the truth is, I don't know whether it's shocklossed hair growing back or transplanted hair. Dr. True says that transplanted hair should start growing before the shocklossed hair, but who knows. Everyone is different I guess. I do feel and see some differences (though minor) in the hairline and frontal area as well...so whether or not that is shockloss hair growing back or transplanted hair, that I don't know either. But either way...I'm hoping that improvements will continue and that I'll be nice and thick in the next few months.

Bill

Hey Bill,

Your going to look like the Wolfman, trust me! I am following your case closely since I had my first HT last Dec 17th and will likely need more density as you did. Our hair characteristics are similiar so I look forward to seeing your growth schedule.

Best wishes,

HH

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Hey Hairhope! Thanks for the encouragement man. I do hope I look as you say...I'm just shy of 3 months as of Oct 30th, so I'm hoping the next 3 months will bring me some wonderful density and improvement. Did you post any pics of your HT from Dec 17th? I would love to see before/after pics.

Bill

Hey PB,

Definately some popping going on....some good shadowing. It's hard to tell whether or not there's been any new popping in the last couple days since I took pics on Thursday....but I have a few new ingrown hairs....ouch. On Wed I'll be 3 months in and I'm hoping to see some big changes between 3 and 4 months. I'll be posting pics at least once a month, but maybe sooner if I'm excited about the progress I have made. Thanks for asking.

Bill

Just added some 3 month pics...or shall I say, just 4 days shy of it. But I just buzzed my hair to a 5 or 6 clip on top to help blend it a bit better with some of the new growth. I actually think this cut could be a new look for me, even after it grows. We'll see though. I hope I have a long way to go. It does look a little better than last week. At 3 months, I should be only at the beginning though.

How does my progress look?

Bill

Bill,

It appears you are now at the point where your original hair will blend in with the HT, its all gravy from here bro! You must be getting excited. One comment is if you could date your pics (comment) and as HT1 or HT2 it would be easier to know what is what since they are not dated correctly (left hand corner).

If you get a chance, pm. me I would like to know how you made your choice of doc for the 2nd ht, since I am in the same position (and general area).

Thank you.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Originally posted by Bill:

How does my progress look?

Bill

Hi Bill,

The picture from the front looks great. The pics from directly above don't look so good (YET!) but most pictures taken from directly above don't generally look good unless you have absolutely no scalp showing through to reflect the light and with your hair buzzed down it is growing directly upwards and not covering any of the surrounding scalp. The back looks good but it was HT #1 wasn't it? Anyway, as you said at barely 3 months you are only just at the beginning - it can only get better from now on and it looks promising.

PB

Bill:

I think it's progressing well...it's going to be dense & your new hairline looks excellent--I'm jealous already of what you'll look like shortly...your long wait is finally giving you some results...I know you'll be very pleased in a few more weeks...continued good luck!

Mike

PB,

Thanks for the comments man. Yeah, it's just the beginning. I do like my hairline shots, but not the top shots yet. I'm hoping to see some major changes over the next 2-3 months. Yeah, well, the back was done from the first HT, though if I took straight back shots, you'd see how much work is still needed there. I won't even consider a third one for another 9 months just to make sure I have the most growth potential out of the second one. Then I'll evaluate what is needed for the third. I'll post pics again in a few weeks to a month, depending.

Mike,

Thanks for the compliments man. Yeah, the hairline does look pretty good in the pics. Looks ok in person, but still a bit weak. But there should be, according to what I think, a lot more growth over the next couple months. I do look forward to Christmas time though...I'm hoping to see some good changes by that point. I'll keep you posted.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Just posted a 15 week update. Compare it to the 13 weeks full top, there has been a little more growth. When you look at the front, you should be able to see many more little hairs popping through at 15 weeks that aren't there for the 13 week shot. Some improvement so far, but nothing substantial yet it seems.

Comments?

Bill

Originally posted by Bill:

Comments?

Bill

Yes, I opened week 13 and week 15 pics next to each other and compared. Looking at the full size pics you can see more hair in the week 15 pic starting a inch or two behind the hairline. your hair appears to be growing in from the center forward... Should be some good coverage in the next few weeks. Still looks a bit red. How long did it take for the redness to disappear after HT #1?

PB

Hey PB,

yeah, it does seem to be growing that way interestingly enough.

I really didn't have any redness after the first HT. I'm not sure why after the 2nd HT, but nonetheless, I still have some redness. It's much better though, but I don't know. Maybe it's due to the number of grafts I received in the front verses last time? I'm using something called TendSkin right now that my doc told me should help a bit.

Bill

Hey Bill,

well the redness isn't that bad, just noticeable when looking at the full-sized pic which shows your scalp in great detail...

I took some "before" pics yesterday but I couldn't get as clear a close up shot as in your pics icon_frown.gif What sort of camera are you using and what settings?

Anyway, hopefully the hairline growth will kick in very soon - as I said, it appears to be creaping forward from the center so another month and there should be some good coverage.

PB

Hey PB,

I hope you are right and that the hairline starts coming in more thick soon. there's been some growth, but seemingly minimal in the hairline. I'm only at 3 months and 2 weeks, but i was hoping to see more growth by now. I guess it's a little slower this time around eh?

I use a 3.1 megapixel camera on automatic settings basically, and it seems to do the trick nicely. Now I do take many pictures before I post...so some don't turn out right, so take about 5 or so from each angle, and try different lighting in order to capture detail. that seems to work for me.

Bill