My almost 4 month pictures posted

wantego

I posted 17 new pictures on my web blog. Tomorrow (11-2-2008) will be 4 months so I'm 1 day early. Feel free to comment good or bad. Thanks in advance. icon_smile.gif

I took a assortment of pics with flash off and flash on to give as many views as possible. I'd love to see more hair grow and some gaps filled in but I remain cautiously optimistic. I usually try not to get my hopes too high. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

I posted 17 new pictures on my web blog. Tomorrow (11-2-2008) will be 4 months so I'm 1 day early. Feel free to comment good or bad. Thanks in advance. icon_smile.gif

I took a assortment of pics with flash off and flash on to give as many views as possible. I'd love to see more hair grow and some gaps filled in but I remain cautiously optimistic. I usually try not to get my hopes too high. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

wantego,

I'd say there is a big improvement, even from 3 months. I can tell by the caliber of the hair that it's going to thicken significantly as it matures, which is typical anyway at this early stage. You do seem to have a lot of early growth, so I'm not sure how much new growth you will have, but expect some and a lot of thickening. I don't think you're going to be able to see any real difference in density between your natural and transplanted hair after it's all grown out icon_smile.gif

Happy growing,

Bill

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

wantego,

I'd say there is a big improvement, even from 3 months. I can tell by the caliber of the hair that it's going to thicken significantly as it matures, which is typical anyway at this early stage. You do seem to have a lot of early growth, so I'm not sure how much new growth you will have, but expect some and a lot of thickening. I don't think you're going to be able to see any real difference in density between your natural and transplanted hair after it's all grown out icon_smile.gif

Happy growing,

Bill

Thanks Bill. Thickening would be great but there are some legitimate gaps right now so I really hope I do have some more new hairs grow as well. If no more new hairs are to grow I would be a bit worried about my final result. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by Byehair:

Looking good for 4 months.

I did notice your day 7 pics and the 3 month pics were in the same hawaiian shirt.

Sure you aren't trying to pull something?

Thank you BYEHAIR. icon_smile.gif

I have always tried to be 100% honest about my results. If anything when people ask I tend to underplay my own results because I never want to get my own hopes up too high or anyone else's hopes to high. You did catch me wearing the same button down Hawaiian shirt. I actually wore that button down shirt many days in the first 3 months since I really baby my grafts way more than most people. I bought that Hawaiian button down shirt and a black button down shirt ($7.99 each at Walmart) specifically for the surgery. So what do you think I'm "trying to pull"? icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

wantego-- hey man i think its lookin really good. and its a real nice improvement... do you think you might be interested in showing the hairline itself...

also just wondering how you feel about where your at, at this point. so far has the journy been what you expected?? thanks for sharing for us and i wish you even more improvment

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Originally posted by lost my swagger:

wantego-- hey man i think its lookin really good. and its a real nice improvement... do you think you might be interested in showing the hairline itself...

also just wondering how you feel about where your at, at this point. so far has the journy been what you expected?? thanks for sharing for us and i wish you even more improvment

Hey Lost thanks a bunch!!

When you ask about showing the hairline do you mean pull the hair back like I see younger guys with longer hair do? If that is what you mean I will do that with my next batch of pictures. Or do you mean cut the hair shorter to show the hairline? I dont want to cut the grafts at all. I tend to baby them.

As far as what I think so far goes, people I speak to probably get tired of me always saying I'm "cautiously optimistic". I say that because while I'm encouraged so far I do not want to get my hopes too high, get my friend/mom's hopes too high, or jinx myself. icon_smile.gif

Does that make any sense? icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Looks great. Your are way ahead in the game.

#1 HT by Dr. Rahal on 08-21-08

Strip 26.6 cm

Total 4308 grafts

-1116 single grafts

-2287 double grafts

-898 triple grafts

-7 quad grafts

Total Hairs: 8412

Medications:

Minoxidil 5%

Finasteride 1 mg daily

Wantego-

Definitely a big difference between this month and last. Looking really good and starting to fill in. But you still have a TON of time to go. It is really early in your growth process and I do think that you will probably get more growth.

I spoke a little to Adrian about timing of shedding and ultimately growing of the grafts. Basically, my right side shed almost immediately at the 3-week mark, while the left side is still holding on to this day. So, I asked him about it and he said that that is really typical both in shedding and the growth. Most experience growth faster on one side than the other.

Remember, you have another 8+ months of growth and maturation. And with your results coming in like this, I really feel that those gaps, which I can see on your right side a little in your pics (left side of the pic), will fill in nicely over the next number of months.

Keep the patience!! And remember, you are looking good.

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Thanks to omviki and ezduzit for the kind replies. It sure makes me feel better about things as I wait for more growth. icon_smile.gif

Eman I appreciated you filling me in on your conversation with Adrian in regards to some areas growing faster than others and imparting your wisdom. I try to stay patient. icon_smile.gif

I remain as always "cautiously optimistic". icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by DeDom:

Hi Wantego,

looks great for four months. Still a long way to go. I will have my procedure with Dr. Rahal tomorrow. Keep you guys posted!

Thanks DeDom. I just hope that long way includes a lot more growth!

I hope all goes great for you tomorrow!!! icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Hey wantego,

I saw your 4 month pics before I saw your Pre-op pics. Nice difference already I must say.

My approach is the same as yours, hope for the best but stay cautiously optimistic. I am thinking that 12 month is the best time to do a solid evaluation of the results; everything before then is a journey to be enjoyed...with maybe a few bumps in the road.

If I have the kind of results you have after 4 months, I'll be excited icon_smile.gif

Congratulations...Happy Growing!

TheKMan!!!

Originally posted by TheKMan:

Hey wantego,

I saw your 4 month pics before I saw your Pre-op pics. Nice difference already I must say.

My approach is the same as yours, hope for the best but stay cautiously optimistic. I am thinking that 12 month is the best time to do a solid evaluation of the results; everything before then is a journey to be enjoyed...with maybe a few bumps in the road.

If I have the kind of results you have after 4 months, I'll be excited icon_smile.gif

Congratulations...Happy Growing!

TheKMan!!!

Thanks Kman. I just looked at your blog. 5300 grafts? That is huge and it looks very clean. I hope you get an awesome final result!!! icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

hi wantego. yeah i meant like lifting the hair up to show the hairline.. not cutting your hair or anything.... so far how is the density in the areas that were FULLY re-created.... by the pics u posted there is an OBV nice improvment so far and its still pretty early too, thats good... this makes me happy cause i remember all the research you did leading up to your HT.. im glad that it appears you made a solid decision.

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

hi wantego. yeah i meant like lifting the hair up to show the hairline.. not cutting your hair or anything.... so far how is the density in the areas that were FULLY re-created.... by the pics u posted there is an OBV nice improvment so far and its still pretty early too, thats good... this makes me happy cause i remember all the research you did leading up to your HT.. im glad that it appears you made a solid decision.

Swags I will do that hair pulled back with my next batch of pictures. Hopefully I can do it while holding the camera and snapping the button. icon_smile.gif

It is hard for me to comment on the density because I never want to get my hopes up too high. I do see hair where I did not have any hair and I also see some gaps. I have been told that at 4 months this is not unusual and that I will have more hair growth and thickening in the future months. I just pray that is the case. I remain "cautiously optimistic". icon_smile.gif

Thanks for all the kind words. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by NW4recession:

There is a huge improvement already when comparing pre-op to now. I would like to see what it looks like when your hair is wet or damp and combed back. Good luck and I hope you will be happy with your end result.

Thanks a bunch. I will do wet on my 5 month pics and if I remember brushed back as well. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

What did I tell ya?!? A swift grower on the fast lane to hairy-beastdom.....icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by thanatopsis_awry:

What did I tell ya?!? A swift grower on the fast lane to hairy-beastdom.....icon_smile.gif

I do remember you said that when I posted my early pictures but I never had any idea why you had such a strong belief. What did you see?

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

nw4recession asked for some wet pictures so when I got out of the shower today I took some. I also had some pre op wet pics saved on my computer so I made comparison shots to give me an idea of where I came from and how far I still hope to go. I'm at 4 months and 5 days when the pics were taken. The hair on the top of my head may be longer now than in the preop wet pictures so it may not be an exact apples to apples comparison.

Off topic: I found a free picture editor online which makes comparison pictures very easy if anyone needs one. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs