Do you remember when?

Dewayne

Do you remember the first time or two when someone 'brought to your attention' that you were thinning?

Mine:

1. In an indoor pool in Gatlinburg, Tn. I was on a college fraternity trip and was about 20 when you of my "friends" said "Man, you need to wear a hat...." Something about my hair being thin looking when wet.

2. My first real job as a manager at a manufacturing plant. My boss jokingly said one of the older ladies said she was going to "skin my bald head". I was about 24 with just a thinning bald spot (I thought).

3. This girl in college was at my apartment sort of visiting my roommate and I was laying on the coach. She said...."you're going bald!" I said "your ass is getting big." I was about 21 and still had a couple of good years left.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Do you remember the first time or two when someone 'brought to your attention' that you were thinning?

Mine:

1. In an indoor pool in Gatlinburg, Tn. I was on a college fraternity trip and was about 20 when you of my "friends" said "Man, you need to wear a hat...." Something about my hair being thin looking when wet.

2. My first real job as a manager at a manufacturing plant. My boss jokingly said one of the older ladies said she was going to "skin my bald head". I was about 24 with just a thinning bald spot (I thought).

3. This girl in college was at my apartment sort of visiting my roommate and I was laying on the coach. She said...."you're going bald!" I said "your ass is getting big." I was about 21 and still had a couple of good years left.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

First mention for me was in high school. Some smart ass was walking behind a table where a bunch of us were sitting and was chanting aloud "you won't, you won't, you won't, you WILL". The "will" meant that you, meaning ME, will be bald. He said my crown was thinner so I would going to be bald when I got older. It was a really great way to build my self esteem at the tender age of 17.

Ah, Gatlinburg. Where the ski slopes are ice and the official flower is the satellite dishicon_smile.gif

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I was like 18, sitting in AP Art History, right before class was to begin; a girl asked me out, and afterwards, my friend at the time laughed and said: "you better accept all the dates you can manage before your ass is slick bald -- your hair is lookin' thin in the front..."

I thought he was completely full of shit at the time, as I had never even considered such a horror -- I mean, my hair was my favorite feature....having recently looked at pictures, though, of that time, I can see that my hair was thinning a bit in the frontal region, and it could be seen when styling my hair spikey with gel.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Ah, I remember it like it was yesterday:

I was 9 years old playing hop-scotch w/the boys over brews. I was *really* on a roll.

Hop--skip (through the first set)

Skip--hop (through the second set)

Hop--skip--skip--hop--Hop (I was about to be the new grand master hop-skip champion hopping n skipping my way through the ranks, when all of a sudden)

Skip--skip SLIP---FALL!!!

to my sudden demise I fell face down, and my thinning crown was exposed, w/all the boys laughing at me and pointing---

HEY BALDIE!!! AHAHA LOOK AT BALD BOY!!!!

(sighs)

I retired my hop-skip shoes, and to this very day have *never* been able to play a game of hop-skip since...

I quickly took up Judaism so as to cover my crown w/my Yamikkah...

Instead of living in the glitz and glare of the glamorous life of a HOP-SKIPPIN-HOP-SCOTCH World Champion, I decided to dedicate my life to balding men, while I suffer in Hair Purgatory and reminesce of my glorious Hop-Skip days of old...

NG, you are one funny bald/balding hop scotch playing mofo! icon_biggrin.gif

I am sure that something like this happened to me but I retreated into my shell quickly so no further damage could be done to my fragile self-esteem.

NoBuzz

Nobuzz---"I am sure something like this happened to me"...

What? YOU were on the verge of becoming a HOP-SKIPPIN-HOP-SCOTCH World Champion too?

Were you at the annual Vegas Semi-Final HOP-SKIP-SCOTCH-TILL-YA-CAN'T-STOP-SKIPPIN-SCOTCH'A'NO-MORE tournament of '84? Damn, great memories!

I was in the final show down w/Left Foot Lewie III until he beat me w/an amazing, yet gracious execution of the Suzy-Square-Skip w/a Fanny-Fart twist. scoring a perfect 10, thereby disqualifying me from the tournament...(sighs)

Oh, I remember when...

Nineteen years old and I began dating a good friend's eighteen year old sister (my friend did not have a problem with it). However, we were hanging out in my buddies and girlfriend's house with a bunch of friend's and her dad came home and asked me if I knew that I was balding? Who says that in front of impressionable teenagers?!? An adult who I trusted.

Secondly, I was engaged at 23 to my college sweetheart and we had not yet set a date. My fiance clearly wanted to set a date and said she wanted to set something in stone so in "our marriage pictures I still had some hair." Needless to say, we did not last much longer after that.

Memories, unfortunately I will never forget. And things said by people I love and trusted. There probably was a better way of approaching the topic.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Good topic here Dewayne.

NG2GB, you must of been one of those kids who had a full bush by 11 icon_eek.gif. What a bitch to have the MPB kick in before puberty icon_biggrin.gif. You're always settin records. Now you own the "Youngest to Go Bald". Ahh hahhh!

I don't remember the first time anyone said something but I'm positive I was tougher on myself about noticing it than anyone else. What I do remember is at about 22 I was at a concert with a friend and some girlfriends. The girls had good seats up close and my friend and I had scalped tix at the show so we ended up in the grass seats. What great luck! Turns out there's two hot chicks sitting behind us. Well throughout the concert things start to get pretty cozy with those girls. The one girl I was gettin cozy with is lovin my big thick ass Mop. She tells me what great thick hair I have. Really fun memorable night. I think she f&*king jinxed me cuz not too long after that the temples started to thin and move back a little and it's been a long slow process from there. So basically I remember the last time someone told me what great hair I have rather than the first time someone told me I was balding. Ahh the memories icon_smile.gif

Damn Eman! That's girlfriends dad was quite the mean bastard.

Damn flyby, everyone else had a sob-story and yours was about some luscious baby lovin' on your mop! icon_mad.gif

this is really a great topic because most of you noticed it at a *very* young age, and I have always wondered what the "average" balding rate was (i.e. NW5 started at 30 NW6 20 NW7 at 19 icon_eek.gif ) the ONLY thing were missing is everyone's current age and NW scale...THAT would really be some good info...

I think she f&*king jinxed me cuz not too long after that the temples started to thin and move back a little and it's been a long slow process from there.

Was she a gypsy? A new twist on the Steven King movie "Thinner". She must have whispered it but you didn't hear it icon_mad.gif

Although I was only starting to recede at the time, the first joke came from my girlfriend who started calling me Baldina, and it had just started! Lost maybe a few hundred hairs at the time. So her new nickname became Cruela.

• Moderators

Age 15: My mother started yelling at me to stop pulling out my hair. She used to cut my hair and every time she would cut it she would yell at me for it. I used to play with my hair alot and twirl it around my fingers, so she thoght my hair fallout was my fault. That went on for every haircut for maybe 2 years until she finally refused to cut it any more.

Age 16: Got teased about my bald spot from some friends.

Age 17: Got turned down for a date to the prom because she said she wouldn't date someone with no hair.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I was 22 ish and was sitting in a birds house,she was standing behind me and suddenly said you are going bald pointing at my crown.The room was full of people and i felt like shit.

She had big boobs so i hope they droop down like cows udders now.

Anyway 18 years later i still have most of my hair and NG2GB has seen pictures of my crown.I`ve had three unsuccessful attempts on my crown so far and proscar is helping me keep what i have.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Well other than watching my hair fall out everytime I brushed or washed my hair which KILLED ME..

1- about 20 or so and a friend told me I was going to go bald because he could see a little scalp through my crown

2 - My roomate from college teasing me about being "Sy Sperling" .. He said " you arent just the founder, you are also a client".

3 - A girl I met at a party who was interested and flirting with me and told me to take my hat off.. After she said "OH", and totally blew me off..

4 - An older guy who wore a toupee who I used to work with when I was younger saw me and said

"oh, it's happening to you know too huh"?

Yeah, I think that is the worst point in the process because it is like impending doom.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!