Dr. Glenn M. Charles 1 session 2075 Follicular Unit grafts

Dr. Charles, is this 1yr post-op? Not sure if I caught an exact month out #.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• 1 month later...

You know... my hairline is exactly the same as the man in this picture and his hair type and color appears to be the same. I have not decided to go through with a hair transplant as of yet.

I will have to comment though that it looks awful thin 14 months afterwards. Why do Hasson & Wong's results look so good while other doctors do not? While there is an approvement with the patient above, I think for the kind of money this procedure costs, I would certainly be unhappy.

-hairmee

hairmee - I agree with you and I think we need to take a better look at exactly what this patient had done.

In the explanation of the procedure, the Dr. says he wanted his hairline strenthened. In the top-down shot you can clearly see he doesn't have a hairline! I guess he would be an nw4 or so because really the front half where there's normally hair is basically bald at this point with just a few hairs left there.

Also, he had grafts placed by his temples. If you estimate just 250 grafts on each side then that means he received only 1500 grafts on the top front half of this head. A conservative hairline was used which was smart, but still, with just 1500 grafts over that large an area, there's no way this was going to be "significant" cosmetic change. It also appears he has, at best, average hair caliber, if not below, so that would indicate even more grafts needed to acheive a good illusion of denisity.

Personally, I would never get a strip scar (and go through all the other hell for 6 months that HT patients describe) for such a modest change in appearance, but as long as the patient is happy, that's all that matters I guess.

So many times I wonder why guys with so much hair loss go for such small sessions. Maybe it's financial, who knows. But take this patient, the back half looks strong, so if he's on meds, I would think 3500 grafts minimum in the front half would have been indicated here, if he had the donor for it that is.

That's not a shot at the Dr., it comes down to what the patient wants and is happy with.

I would like to add that if a patient that is 38 and has modest frontal thinning and wants to get a hair transplant, I would think that you would go for some good coverage. I have to question the doctor's recommendation to the patient and what the patient should expect.

Honestly, if I was a hair transplant doctor, I would be ashamed to show this lack of coverage on the forums. Again, I can't see where a patient would be happy with this. Getting a hair transplant is all about covering your head up. If it was financially related and more surgeries are to come... then this was pre-mature to illustrate this work on the web-blog...because personally, it does nothing for me but question what you can actually get out of this procedure...which I find dissapointing.

Now maybe his didn't take hold either? I just can't put my finger on it.

-hairmee