why do married men get HTs?

homer

No offense meant by the question to those of you who are married and get a ht. However isnt the main reason in getting a HT to feel more attractive again and feel more secure in the initial stages of relationships. Men who have been married for years should surely feel more secure about themselves and if your wife is still with you then surely it doesnt really matter, or am i missing something?

No offense meant by the question to those of you who are married and get a ht. However isnt the main reason in getting a HT to feel more attractive again and feel more secure in the initial stages of relationships. Men who have been married for years should surely feel more secure about themselves and if your wife is still with you then surely it doesnt really matter, or am i missing something?

Homer,

You "are" missing something - your premise is married guys should feel fine bald...I am married..and I still dont want to be a baldy, and I dont want to be overweight etc...I prefer to stay as attractive as possible for my wife, I feel she deserves a trim husband with hair. Does keeping yourself up...stop with marriage ?, not for me. Not that all people feel this way, for some "bald is beautiful", no problem ! to each his own.

NW

Homer,

I had poor HT work done when I was younger and then lost the rest of my hair. So the handsome guy my wife married, no longer existed. Now he is waiting for the re-growth to begin and that guy she knew to return.

Plus I'll feel better about looking in the mirror every day rather than looking at those unsightly plugs and mini/micro grafts.

Mr. T

My wife sees me surfing the web about HTs all the time and the other day she saw me taking pictures with my web cam of my head to send to a Doc. She told me my hair was beautiful and she luvs my hair. What Hair??? But I always wanted a HT, BUT I am so afraid of getting a bad one. icon_eek.gif

I've been married for 10 years. My wife doesn't care either way... But, since I am the good guy that I am, I am thinking of my second wife... I haven't found her yet, but I want to make sure that I look my best...

icon_eek.gif

Apologies in advance for what I'm SURE is going to sound like a bad-tempered rant of an old crank, but COOOOOOOME OOOOOOON!

What a ri-DI-culous question!!!!!!

I'm so tired of reading questions from guys in their twenties about how their twenties are "the prime years of life." How in God's name does a twentysomething "know" that their 20s are their best years when they HAVEN'T LIVED THEIR 30s, 40s, 50s, etc. etc. ad nauseum?!?

I know, Homer, you weren't asking about age. But marriage? I've been swingin single all my life and have enjoyed all the perks of being the playboy--despite having become a NW3 over the years. Believe me, I long to get married. Though I'm obviously in no rush.

The thing is, once married--if it ever happens--I'm NOT going to be thinking, "OK. GREAT! Now I can let the ol' bod go to POT" and gain 40 pounds, a huge beergut, gigantic ass, flabby arms, pudgy face, rotting teeth, stinkbreath, bed farts and BALDO.

Ah, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

"Why do married men get hair transplants?" Why does ANYone? To look better and feel better about themselves, single, married, or, like a few of my unfortunate pals, somewhere "in between" (ie. in the painful process of getting a divorce).

No offense intended, Homer, but PLEASE... icon_rolleyes.gif

Pic

"The thing is, once married--if it ever happens--I'm NOT going to be thinking, "OK. GREAT! Now I can let the ol' bod go to POT" and gain 40 pounds, a huge beergut, gigantic ass, flabby arms, pudgy face, rotting teeth, stinkbreath, bed farts and BALDO."

Instead of beating around the bush- Why don't you just say who you are referring to? FUTzy-Before! lol...

I agree with what you are saying- You know- I did "go to pot" in a way. I was a bit depressed about my hair, so I ate- Then I was depressed about my weight- So I ate more. Then, I would be depressed- So I drank. Then ate- drank...(not saying alcoholic drinking, but enough to be "not healthy") Now- I look the best (not saying much, I know) that I have since before I met my wife. I think it was just a phase, but deep inside I want to have a nice appearance for myself (1st) and my wife (2nd). I now have more hair than I did when we met, and weigh less than I did when we met. (180 rather than 227) I'm all over it, baby- Life and pride in your appearance doesn't end with marriage-

icon_biggrin.gif

No, I wasn't referring to you, but interesting testimonial there. Actually, I was referring to a good pal of mine who, sadly, went through the same kind of thing you seem to have. He regrets it, big time, though--he was a serious alcohalic.

With him, it also began with his hairloss. But because he was an actor he started losing work, so he drank (skipped the eating, like a serious alcohalic does). Never occurred to him the problem might not be his hairloss but his acting ability or a certain director's prejudice.

He's fine now. I know, because that friend is ME! icon_wink.gif

You know- This whole thing can kinda snowball on you- A vicious cycle... I never got to a point of being an alcoholic, but I can see where depression can send you there... Feeling bad about yourself and beating yourself up is just not healthy. It's much better to feel good- icon_biggrin.gif Anyway- I knew you weren't talking about me- But the vivid description sure did remind me of my before picture... Eeeeeew... Pee-shiver... brrrrr.... Just thinking about it...

FUTzyhead:

It is clear to me that you did what was right for you personally. And then you shared your story, inspired others, and in turn you turned your good decision for you into knowledge for others so they too might find fulfillment, or at least make a good decision for themselves.

What I can respect is that you took prudent action to make your life better. And now that it is happening, do you have any regrets? Any at all? And aren't you glad you got informed and did what was right for you, based on the risks and rewards involved?

If you looked awesome after HT1 but still wanted HT2, well, you if anyone knew the risks involved FOR YOU and the potential payoff and pitfalls.

And we see your case before us. And we support your decision in the same manner you have supported us. You make some excellent points about "doing what is right for you".

Knowing what will work for you and then working towards that, well, that is what makes people happy, successful, and influential in the most positive of ways.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Wow, bang on. You're exactly right, in my estimation (which of course as we ALL know is the complete utter and absolute objective truth), about Futzy's contribution to the forum and those of us partaking in it.

I agree, too, that you have to move forward based solely on what's right for you, as an individual. I have refrained from HT for more than a decade and may yet refrain--perhaps indefinitely. I've been able to lead a pretty good life -- alcohal issues aside -- without the thick hair I once had.

By the way, when I say "serious alcohalic," I only meant I was pretty out of control. But it didn't go on for years, involve and drunk driving raps or worse. The bottom was a night spent in an L.A. country drunk tank--which IS pretty damned low, and a girlfriend and former drinking partner leaving me shortly after. "I liked you because you liked to party," she said, "but now I have to go because all you do is party."

That was the sea change, as they say. No AA, though. Just self-discipline and work--meaning I got back into my career big time, down a different track from the acting. Now I'm very successful (financially, personally) and I basically look at an HT not as a "starting point" in my personal recovery but as a kind of "you deserve it buddy after all your hard work and the changes you've made" reward.

Still, for me, it's icing on the cake. Anyone out there participating on this forum who has, like me, put off or decided against HT, but who still partakes in these discussions? I really may refrain from going forward.

I will, for certain, until I have all the info I need, though. Like Futzy says, "research your ass off."

Pic icon_cool.gif

Vocor1- Thanks for the post. I feel pretty good about my decisions as of late. I also am very glad and happy to be posting here, and I believe in "the cause"... What a great place to get information, and real life experiences from real people... Regrets? Not a one. Each day just seems to get better- BUT- I keep thinking of that movie- American Beauty. Kevin Spacey finally finds "peace" in his life- Finally feels good about himself, and where he is in his life... Then BLAMMO! Shot in head. I gotta watch my back, man! Anyway- Thanks again- You're doin' the same thing too- Keep it up!

Pic- Right on- You gotta watch your back too! You're on the right path- Keep it up- We're like a "band of brothers" here- Good support, jokes, thoughts, etc...

American Beauty is a great movie. And I know part of what happens in the movie is applicable to some people here.

You know, where your life is totally going down the wrong path, and then something happens and you feel in control again. And how liberating that feels.

Well, I think you catch my drift.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Yep- I think I'll be watching it again too. It's a movie that I can "relate" to. To get to that "groove" where everything is "okay" in life MUST be a good feeling. I can't really say that I'm 100% there, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel... (But hey- It ain't too bad where I'm at, at the moment either- )

PEACE BROS! May the Schwartz be with you!