Patient Results for -Kumar -3180.(dr.Madhu`s album

FUT performed on 28 yrs old Indian male. NW class V. Donor density of 90-100/sqcm.

Treatment Plan:

1) Procedure done in a single session.

2) Procedure performed for filling the front and Exposed scalp .

3) Medical treatment after the procedure with Finasteride and Minoxidil to stabilize and prevent further hair loss.

total:3180.F.U's

Single: 820 F.U's

Double: 1740 F.U's

Multi: 620 F.U`s

550106274_E26763AD118A0A46847C0D337EB40530.JPG

650106274_2D86F1E70B533F88E2CB325D12EC7B81.JPG

750106274_0934E64748EF03FA0168F1EE2549E3A6.JPG

850106274_ABD03062CE8BAD7F931ACEC0FB501373.JPG

929106474_1DACB470D3ED0D39C9FEC95B860ACA5B.JPG

950106274_680EA0396F52C835124630990435D185.JPG

160106274_042B50FFC3A6D8613A842C302D135091.JPG

260106274_45059CA4B5678D37807131B9297B7547.JPG

309106474_A3D0AC3A50E4D8BC55D3DB605AEA7963.JPG

350106274_3939265AC43E4E8C5D779DBCF02A2B7E.JPG

450106274_C901E5D5F4723EA9FA3E83D3B64CF9EF.JPG

This guy must have had SUPER COARSE donar hair. Come on??? Either the number of grafts are wrong or there is some concealer in his hair. I"ve never seen this much density with 2X the amount of grafts never mind 3200. Am I alone in questioning this?

Well, every one of Dr. Madhu's posted results have looked great to the point of being superhuman; superhuman results don't actually exist, IMO, and I think part of it has been ideal patients with "favorable" before/after conditions.

I wouldn't go so far as to actually say Dr. Madhu is tainting his results, though at least one other person came to that conclusion; nonetheless, I have a dose of healthy skepticism, just because the results have all seemed so "superhuman", and I know very little of Dr. Madhu's practice.

Immediate post-op pics I think would be very beneficial to see in this and other cases.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

This is the 3rd or 4th case we have seen from dr. madhu so far and they are all similar in nature.hair,skin color etc.i think we need to see some more examples showing other hair charcteristics plus fairer skin etc. showing immediate post op pics and donor scar pics would also help..

I agree that it'll be a good idea to be able to see some immediate post-op pictures.

We are getting biased visuals here, since the patients have ideal hair and skin tone characteristics. It's practically impossible for "regular" patients to achieve such drastic changes with 3000 grafts; perhaps only the very few ones, with perfectly ideal skin/hair characteristics can achieve such results.

So if there are no pictures available for other skin/hair characteristics, then the doctor should at least post immediate post-op pictures.

Guys,

I really don't think it's fair to criticize Dr. Madhu because his results are "too good". I think many of you understimate how hair characteristics can strongly influence the appearance of density.

It's obvious this patient has thick hair and optimal skin/hair contrast ratio which is typical of Indian patients.

I strongly recommend you guys read Dr. Arocha's article on How Hair Characteristics Impact Hair Transplant Results which I believe strongly applies here.

In the meantime, I'll ask Dr. Madhu if he has any immediately post-op pictures he can post on this patient. See also Dr. Madhu's Surgical Album.

Best wishes,

Bill

And another thing...

I know some of you would like to see examples of Dr. Madhu's results on patients with varying hair characteristics however, at this point, most of his patients appear to have darker and thicker hair. I don't think he ought to be criticized or penalized because most of his patients have similar thicker hair characteristics.

For your information, I have done extensive interviewing with Dr. Madhu via interview and phone and I feel confident that he's doing state of the art work.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hello guys,

Yes, I appreciate your comments. These "Good After" results of my patients are possible because of the following reasons:

1) These results are not only due to hair transplant but also due to combined effect of medical treatment (finasteride and menoxidil) and surgical treatment for which these patients have responded well. In general, younger patients respond well to the medical treatment. If the patient stops medical treatment, definitely the area will appear sparse, for which he has to undergo another surgery to make it more dense.

2) In our races we are lucky that most of our people have coarse and curly hair. The skin colour is brown to black (less contrast ratio), furthermore the head size is generally smaller and narrower when compared to some other races, hence less recipient area (i.e area to be covered) for the same Norwood class.

It is not a miracle.

Regards,

Dr.Madhu

I agree we should give Dr. Madhu the benefit of the doubt here. Because the results are almost "To good to be true" we shouldn't being calling foul. Like I did in an earlier post.

The hair characteristics that he is dealing with lends itself to better results than we are used to seeing.

Nice work Dr. Madhu!

Hello guys,

I have added two more pictures to the album and

I would like to add few points to the earlier ones.

In this patient, the length of the hair shaft and combing style also cotributed a lot for the pictures. If you closely look at the picture it is not very dense. Furthermore, If you can see the last picture there is even facial hair which is due to Minoxidil.

Dr.Madhu